super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Not sure what the size of the center pin
But i hack the factory pin out and fitted aromamizer bf pin with no issue.
The aromamizer pin was about 3.6mm tho. And it does came with a 510 adapter.
e3542ad4f5c5918aaeda9746fc77e59a.jpg

On the left was the provided 510 adapter and the factory center pin in the right
87c91de5293b9e98bcef533149ac6164.jpg

I will take a photo of the deck with the pin removed when i have a chance[emoji6]

This might help
3ad53d6e8f241742ec3d0bd71080263a.jpg

a7572d21f18846e55fa68a0d15ea1b59.jpg

Could this atty possibly dethrone my Vectors should Tom decide to make it? Hmmmm. It appears to also be single coil friendly too.

How tall is the atty itself (without the drip tip) - something like a rogue or vector or more like a derringer ?

Tim (big hitter) I'm thinking if Catfish Tommy does this one it could be right over the plate for you.

Last edited:

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
Could this atty possibly dethrone my Vectors should Tom decide to make it? Hmmmm. It appears to also be single coil friendly too.

How tall is the atty itself (without the drip tip) - something like a rogue or vector or more like a derringer ?
I guess we will have to wait and see, what suspense.

Subohmies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Mid North Coast, AUSTRALIA

Tim (big hitter) I'm thinking if Catfish Tommy does this one it could be right over the plate for you.
19mm, it's shorter than vector
My top 3 top afc attys atm[emoji6]
1) hastur
2) rematty
3) vector

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
1) hastur
2) rematty
3) vector

Thank you.

If Tommy D does this atty I am interested. If he doesn't, then I'm totally chill with the vectors. Not that that I have any complaints with the vector but I find these top air attys extremely compelling and I am easily enabled when I hear praise of one of them such as yours. The pictures were a highly influential factor as well. Thank you.

We all seem to have highly additcive personalities and new stuff seems to quench the addiction for a minute.

Like you said - ATM.

Just seeing Tim big hitter up in here further drives that point home :)

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Subohmies: what size Allen wrench did you use for the terminals? M1.5? .050"?

Looks like a m2.5 pin. Not bad but m3 is soooo. Much better. M3 pin with the included 510 drip tip adapter will make this a go. The terminals are m3, will the positive screw thread into the negative terminal?

If I ever subcontract my own Chauthentic it will have an M4 contact pin. Think Derringer that can be tightened down. 2.3mm bore. 1/16" drains... Easy squonk, fast drain

Last edited:

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Not sure what the size of the center pin
But i hack the factory pin out and fitted aromamizer bf pin with no issue.
The aromamizer pin was about 3.6mm tho. And it does came with a 510 adapter.
e3542ad4f5c5918aaeda9746fc77e59a.jpg

On the left was the provided 510 adapter and the factory center pin in the right
87c91de5293b9e98bcef533149ac6164.jpg

I will take a photo of the deck with the pin removed when i have a chance[emoji6]

This might help
3ad53d6e8f241742ec3d0bd71080263a.jpg

a7572d21f18846e55fa68a0d15ea1b59.jpg

I had to order me one to play with. I love the concept of top air that hits the coils from the side...

Subohmies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Subohmies: what size Allen wrench did you use for the terminals? M1.5? .050"?

Looks like a m2.5 pin. Not bad but m3 is soooo. Much better. M3 pin with the included 510 drip tip adapter will make this a go. The terminals are m3, will the positive screw thread into the negative terminal?

If I ever subcontract my own Chauthentic it will have an M4 contact pin. Think Derringer that can be tightened down. 2.3mm bore. 1/16" drains... Easy squonk, fast drain
I'm not sure about the size of the allenTom but is the same allen I use for the vector.

Subohmies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
I had to order me one to play with. I love the concept of top air that hits the coils from the side...
This is one of the few reason i love this atty, airflow hittin the coil directly[emoji106] [emoji106]

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I started a list a while back and it got nixed. Would love to make it come back to life!

That's right - I remember that but I think they were like $12 or something and that threw me. Now seeing it and hearing homies take has captivated me :). But only if CAM does it. I won't be getting any otherwise.

IonMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
Bradley, Illinois, United States
Hello Catfish fans and customers. Per Tom's request I am posting my questions here to aid me in loving squonking again.

Been bottom feeding almost 100% since November 2010 until recently .... now it just hasn't been doing it for me.

I'm sure the problem is my atomizers available. All I have is 3 original Chalice attys ...... no other BF attys and no dripping attys at all.

Taking over my daily vape has been the Squape R ..... I have 3 of them and run them all on the 3.1 mm air hole. I build pretty high for that large of hole 1.2 to 1.4 ohms. I don't do quick lung hits I still take long slow 6-8 second drags. Even though the air hole is pretty large I don't suck all the air I can through it as fast as possible.

I love flavor, vapor I don't care how much I make as long as it tastes good and has throat it.

Still use 10-12 mg juice

I'm looking for an atty for my LP Grand that I can get 3.1mm equivalent and still build over an ohm single coil.

I might do duals once and a while but I'm lazy and single coils work great for me in my Squape

Tom suggested a derringer for a start ...... what do you all think.

Anyone else vape around 1.3 with 12mg nice slow easy hits ??
Thats basically how I build my Veritas 0.9-1.2 ohm single coil on a reo. Long slow hits that are full of flavor all day long... you can tighten down the afc TIGHT or keep it wide open for a moderately restricted pull. Not sure if Tom has any in stock, but that might be worth checking out

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I like the look of the Hastur - my concern would be juice coming out those big AFC slots, so you'd have to pop the top off over a sink. How's the cap over AFC fit, how's the O-ring, and is it messy or just "lubed" in there when you take the cap off?

1) hastur
2) rematty
3) vector

EZinTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2014
Johnson City, TN
]Hastur RDA Price $???
1. Raynman
2. Magaro
3. fairtradesloth
4. TheTurk
5. druckle
6. puffon
7. freedogg
8. robbieblood
9. custom-classic
10. IonMan
11. Beez0527
12. distortoblotto
13. johnnyseeandoh
14. Calpis
15. TheDigital99
16. Papa_Lazarou
17. Plumeguy
18. spacelord
19. EZinTN
20. Daigoman
21. Wolfenstark
Stop.......
See post 2038 for details

Here's the Hastur list from when in got shelved. Hope this gets revived.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
........ I have dead shorted mine quite a few times and got a 25r hot enough to turn the shrink wrap into a pair of high water pants with zero permanent damage. I would reccomend using Samsung 25r batteries if you are pushing below .3 ohms. I would STRONGLY suggest not using efests or anything with"---Fire---" in the title.

Hey folks, long time no talk to, just finished a management consulting stint from hell that left me no time for anything else

Though it's possible the battery is not permanently damaged, once hard shorted, it is prudent to toss the battery, as it's impossible to know how damaged the internals are, and they are damaged from a hard short on any unprotected battery

Also, Efest purple are pretty good, but hard to know if they are the real deal

Reactions: pwheeler

Subohmies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
I like the look of the Hastur - my concern would be juice coming out those big AFC slots, so you'd have to pop the top off over a sink. How's the cap over AFC fit, how's the O-ring, and is it messy or just "lubed" in there when you take the cap off?
Just lubed nothing messy and the ring was tight just like the vector.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Hey, Bob, long time! I've got a 25r that I accidentally let it get into a hard short although very briefly. But it got the battery hot enough also to shrink back the cover on one end. The battery still reads good, but it's not worth it to me to re-wrap it and use it. I'm just going to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread