Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Good news! I just signed and sent off the agreement of sale for the house. Lots of showings led to multiple offers, and two good offers to choose from in the end. I get to satisfy the mortgage, and walk away with a bit of cash. Yay!

Now I'm praying for the inspections to go well, and for the appraisal to support the sell price. Big hurdles, but I'm trying not to be anxious about it.

(See below)​

I would trade you so fast. I despise being cold. Would rather be overly hot any day

Same here. I hated being cold. Still do. Right now with the air conditioner on, I am in a sweat shirt. I could go outside to warm up, but my computer is inside :lol: The iPad just isn't the same. Can't moderate well with it. No way to edit the end of a line when I can't get to the end. Ugh. I know, minor problems :rolleyes:

Edit to test:
:w00t: :thumbs: :banana: :rickroll:
3PEFVdV.gif
:rickroll: :banana: :thumbs: :w00t:

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just don't do well with being cold at all, it makes me cranky and miserable (not to mention I get sick more when its cold)

I'm feeling more cranky about it after this past winter of 6mths of snow and gray skies. Being stuck in the house for 6mths, cleaning off the car whenever you do go somewhere, driving 10 miles an hour... Yeah I'm done with living up north. Still frantically sorting bills etc to try to find a way to move south. I'm pretty sure this place will kill me long before my time
I was the same way after 38 years in Chicago. I hate cold! But I could use a day or two of it from time to time down here. :)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Loving Vegas! We've been in the 110 degree range for about 2 weeks. Humidity is up a little - 18% right now. Believe it or not, you can tell when it goes up, even though it's still relatively low.

No bathing suit. The pool looks lovely from the balcony. I must be getting fussy in my old age because all those kids all day long in a very warm pool in the sunlight... I feel I'd be swimming in bacteria. I know, I know - chlorine and all. LOL!

Quiet hours are being ignored by a group of about a dozen older teenagers. Party at the pool starts about 11:30 pm and goes until 1 or 2 am. I'm glad we have the Sleep Machine app. Drowns out all the noise.

I did learn that produce on the counter will not last long here even in the air conditioning. All it took was one bite of one bad plum - and the food poisoning that followed. Ugh.

Good news! I just signed and sent off the agreement of sale for the house. Lots of showings led to multiple offers, and two good offers to choose from in the end. I get to satisfy the mortgage, and walk away with a bit of cash. Yay!

Now I'm praying for the inspections to go well, and for the appraisal to support the sell price. Big hurdles, but I'm trying not to be anxious about it.
I bet you're right about feeling the humidity go up. Happens here when it's about to rain the air gets so heavy and sticky - almost palatable

Congrats on the house!!! Great news. We haven't had house payment/rent in almost 30 years - the house was paid off when we moved in. Up keep is another story tough.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Congrats on your house offers Lori. I'm sure you will be happy to get out from under that.

How are your offspring doing without Mommy in PA?

The same as they were doing with Mommy! Everyone's doing well. My oldest is finally cleared to go back to work after her bout with MRSA. Just some pain from the scar tissue, which is normal. Third oldest was going out on a date and excited about that. Second oldest is trying to arrange a trip to visit Iceland, because it's intriguing to her. Youngest already has her father pulling his hair out. So, yeah. The usual. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The same as they were doing with Mommy! Everyone's doing well. My oldest is finally cleared to go back to work after her bout with MRSA. Just some pain from the scar tissue, which is normal. Third oldest was going out on a date and excited about that. Second oldest is trying to arrange a trip to visit Iceland, because it's intriguing to her. Youngest already has her father pulling his hair out. So, yeah. The usual. :)
loL! glad to hear the oldest is doing better. She must have reacted favorably to the antibiotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread