Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Just a quick comment. I was talked into trying a new tank with replaceable coils that can be recoiled. I have been running it alongside my Sophia in a tall tank. The new tank is nice, simple and quite flavoursome but it will not take the place of Sophia in my daily rotation. Since I started using the external drip tips, I am having such an easy time with her so I ordered another couple to add to the other setups. Its easy to get caught up in the hype of new things but sometimes you need to stop and appreciate the finer things we have.

New things come and go but she is still a beautiful vape and always reliable.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
It's my 2 year vapeversary and I just bought myself a present (any excuse). I just ordered a Calix. Well after watching Qorax excellent tutorial/review I was sold. It looks amazing!
Thank you very much for your kind words and for your support! :D

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
It's my 2 year vapeversary and I just bought myself a present (any excuse). I just ordered a Calix. Well after watching Qorax excellent tutorial/review I was sold. It looks amazing!
Congrats buddy :)

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
We are currently about to finish the caged glass tank. We are designing an adapter with side airflow as well. If after the caged glass tube is out, there is enough demand, we will build the PMMA tube as well :)

Love the cage idea, LOVE the side air flow so the condensation (and/or occasional ever so slight leak/drop or two) doesn't build up on my 510 adapters. Love the P3 thread as well. Only part I don't love is the "IF" part about the PMMA...! Haha. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: NeoGoldenBoy

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
hello all, Ive been away for too long, 3 kids under 5 keeps me very busy.
Anyway my beloved Sophia is leaking from the center pin pretty badly. I have taken her apart, new insulator, new ceramic cup and still it leaks out the bottom. Any ideas of how to stop this? It started out of nowhere and I can not seem to get it to stop. Help please.

Reactions: Krisma

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
hello all, Ive been away for too long, 3 kids under 5 keeps me very busy.
Anyway my beloved Sophia is leaking from the center pin pretty badly. I have taken her apart, new insulator, new ceramic cup and still it leaks out the bottom. Any ideas of how to stop this? It started out of nowhere and I can not seem to get it to stop. Help please.
The leaking might be coming from the tank and not the ΣΟΦΙΑ. You should check the o rings of your tank, starting from the silicone (red) one :)

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
The leaking might be coming from the tank and not the ΣΟΦΙΑ. You should check the o rings of your tank, starting from the silicone (red) one :)
Unfortunately I did change the o rings with no luck. The leak is definitely coming from the center pin. When I dab it on a napkin drops come out of center pin consistently. It's got me baffled.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Unfortunately I did change the o rings with no luck. The leak is definitely coming from the center pin. When I dab it on a napkin drops come out of center pin consistently. It's got me baffled.
The leaking will come out of the center pin because it is the only way out. Continuous leaking from the pin means loss of vacuum. It is not an insulation problem. Have you tried it on another tank? Also, if you are making your own coils, try putting them higher in the cup. You can also try closing the liquid control a little. Oversaturation can do that as well

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
The leaking will come out of the center pin because it is the only way out. Continuous leaking from the pin means loss of vacuum. It is not an insulation problem. Have you tried it on another tank? Also, if you are making your own coils, try putting them higher in the cup. You can also try closing the liquid control a little. Oversaturation can do that as well
Thanks Billie. I don't have another tank but will try putting coil higher in cup. If tank has new o rings what could cause vacuum loss?

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thanks Billie. I don't have another tank but will try putting coil higher in cup. If tank has new o rings what could cause vacuum loss?
It might be a very small chip on the glass/ plastic tube. It might be the outer o rings. It can even be resins collected between the tube and the caps :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe

I had the same problem some weeks ago. Changed the blue insulator, changed o-rings and in the process I noticed that a small piece of the ceramic is "bitten off" - I mean broken away. This can happen when there is a small fight when trying to insert the cup :p . I am not sure if this can cause vacuum loss but I changed the ceramic too. As there was nothing more to swap, at that point Sofia changed her mind and behaved.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I had the same problem some weeks ago. Changed the blue insulator, changed o-rings and in the process I noticed that a small piece of the ceramic is "bitten off" - I mean broken away. This can happen when there is a small fight when trying to insert the cup [emoji14] . I am not sure if this can cause vacuum loss but I changed the ceramic too. As there was nothing more to swap, at that point Sofia changed her mind and behaved.
Yes, a broken cup can cause leaking as well :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread