Dallas
Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
They don't do 29g or higher wire very well though IMO. The wire is just too flimsy
I've had no issues with 30g if I use the 2.0 rod (pretty sure that's the one I'm using), and a very light touch, but I agree, I've had a lot of issue trying to do a 3.0 coil with 30g. finally got a couple done, but wasted a lot of wire.

Sorry, Deb - got 'em at a B&M.
well poo! Thanks hun

Thanks, got that one on my wishlist, just not at the top of it since I do have one. Scott and I have been looking at that and we think it's the V2 since it appears it has the grub end on the driver rather than phillips, but wish it said for sure if they were marked.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Edit : these are now gone. Good work train and Jif. Ya'll were blessed with the quickness of today. :)

I was sent 3 of the V3 and have these two available for my fellow REOnauts.

d02605896b21038a30c60adc168c7406.jpg

How bout I shoot YOU one if you would be so kind to email me a PDF of a USPS small flat rate box label that you will log into USPS.com to create with your mailing info on it that I can print and stick on the small flat rate boxes I have? I'll put them in the mail tomorrow :)

First two REOnauts that pm me for my email address and zip code get em. One for each of you :)

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
PM'd!!
images

I was sent 3 of the V3 and have these two available for my fellow REOnauts.

d02605896b21038a30c60adc168c7406.jpg

How bout I shoot YOU one if you would be so kind to email me a PDF of a USPS small flat rate box label that you will log into USPS.com to create with your mailing info on it that I can print and stick on the small flat rate boxes I have? I'll put them in the mail tomorrow :)

First two REOnauts that pm me for my email address and zip code get em. One for each of you :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Agreed!
VP seems like a nice, cushy job.
Prez has to work too hard, and he wouldn't have enough time to make vaping videos.

THANKS RUSS - looking forward to tidier coils, much appreciated!

Thank you, Supe. You're a heck of a guy.

Russ for Vice President.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Crap....missed out again on some kewl stuff from kewl peeps....O well...anybody have a link where to buy a V3??

I hear ya :). I wish I had more :)
If you look at the comments in my coil master V3 vid, people from coil master have commented how to get them :)

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Stay tuned ya'll - the coil master guys (they are real cool to me) may be sending me more coil masters to give away. I'll update you as I learn more. :)

Wish they had a rod size that was compatible with my coil build I use a 16 gauge blunt needle = 1.65 mm for my 2mm RxW wick. 1.5mm a bit too small and 2.0mm a bit too large other wise I would jump all over one of these! :(

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Stay tuned ya'll - the coil master guys (they are real cool to me) may be sending me more coil masters to give away. I'll update you as I learn more. :)

Still making coils using old school hand wrapping tools, so..., I'm the odd ball that would definitely be opinionated about Coil Master value. :confused: If you happen to get more, and wanna send some out...I'll give one a try. Will send it back to you if it doesn't make a significant difference. :thumb:

erratum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Kansas City

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Wish they had a rod size that was compatible with my coil build I use a 16 gauge blunt needle = 1.65 mm for my 2mm RxW wick. 1.5mm a bit too small and 2.0mm a bit too large other wise I would jump all over one of these! :(

You might know this already, but the wire gizmo has a 1.65mm rod.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
You might know this already, but the wire gizmo has a 1.65mm rod.

Yes I knew that. I liked the small form factor of the coil master.
For now I'll just stick with my current set up. Pin vise with 16g needle inserted, rest on the wire spool and wind with tension. Has been working well. Just had the urge to get a new toy but it will pass. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread