Cloud9vaping pulls Five Pawns and other liquids from the shelf after testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Their own reports show a new world record. They're both squarely in the "are you kidding me" zone.

End of discussion.

Because you said, "end of discussion" I am not going to participate in this thread any longer. I think it's best, for unknown reasons.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If a Person really wanted to have a Better Understanding of what is Going On, they would need to Test e-liquids at Random which were Obtained via Retail sources. An Option that is Available to Any ECF Member.

I'm sure you've read some stuff out and about on the interwebs and it seems that some consumers are getting together to do stuff like that. I would say that the vendors who had the lesser "honesty scores" would be the ones consumers would be choosing to have tested. At the very least, it would put their suspicions at ease. At the very worst, it would confirm their suspicions. :lol: But actually, the donation / cost wouldn't be very high at all, depending on how many consumers got together.

People do this in horse racing wagers, can wager more combinations if they go in on a ticket with a group of friends.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
There's an important distinction that many posts seem to be missing with the phrase "Cloud9 pulled the 5Pawns liquid."

Yes, they did pull the liquid.

More important is the fact that 5Pawns accepted the return of the suspect liquid, one has to conclude, based upon the nature of the Cloud9 complaint.

By doing so, 5Pawns gave credence to the complaint and tipped it's hand; if 5Pawns was certain the Cloud9 complaint was bogus and fraudulent it's highly unlikely that the return would have been authorized.

Now, the RMA may have included language to the effect of "5Pawns does not acknowledge any defect or misrepresentation of the contents" but if, as it has ben reported, 5Pawns refused to provide any response to Cloud9 in writing, such a disclaimer on the RMA is improbable.

Should legal proceedings go forward, 5pawns' attorneys will argue the libel angle and Cloud9's will argue admission of defect or misrepresentation of the contents.

Depending on whose counsel is the most cut-throat and builds a stronger case, the weaker side will most likely settle with the stronger and the details of the settlement agreement will be confidential.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
The whole Five Pawn thing is no longer about whether they have high levels of AP – this has been resolved by their own test results – they do. They have also stated quite clearly on their website that they see no problem with this (and that they are creating a new product without for those that don’t want it). Anyone continuing to vape Five Pawns current range does so knowing they have high levels of AP – their future test results will only be of interest to vapers who have a personal level they don’t want to vape above. Anyone who doesn’t want to vape AP won’t buy them. I am fine with this.

The issue for me is why they took so long (almost 2 months) to make comment on this/ provide their own results and why they have threatened Cloud 9 with legal action. All Cloud 9 have done is remove their product and given the results of their tests. Cloud 9 have made it clear they are not going to sell products with Diacetyl and AP so they have a difference of opinion with Five Pawns about whether these should be included – we all still have the right to agree or disagree on this issue and it isn’t a legal one. Cloud 9’s test results may be higher than Five Pawns – but as Five Pawns have shown high levels themselves and have no problem with it - what are they actually upset about? Cloud 9 made no negative comments about the company or their juice - all they did was remove it from their store and give the results to back this decision up.

If Five Pawns had said:

‘we do not add Diacytel or AP, our own tests show low or non existent levels (here are our results as proof) and we believe Cloud 9 has made a massive mistake which will impact our reputation and sales’ – that’s one thing. But they haven’t – they have in effect said

‘we do have AP and some Diacetyl in our products, we do not believe this is a problem and this is why’.

So what is the reasoning behind the cease and desist?

Igor Novak

Account closed on request
Apr 20, 2015
I don't give a .... even if they find oil in Five Pawns e-juice, because I would never give 28€ for bottle of e-juice.
I try it and its nothing in there that deserves that price. There is outstanding juices for 17€.
Now, what I would love to see is results for Kings Crown line from Suicide Bunny.
Also I saw results for Space Jam that Vapor Shark posted and I am little suspicious. Only line that is completely AP/DT free. Knowing how AP/DT juice tastes I just cant believe.
What you guys think????

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
There is outstanding juices for 17€.
Now, what I would love to see is results for Kings Crown line from Suicide Bunny.
Also I saw results for Space Jam that Vapor Shark posted and I am little suspicious. Only line that is completely AP/DT free. Knowing how AP/DT juice tastes I just cant believe.
What you guys think????

I think you should test it and have your own results. Maybe start a thread about Space Jam and how you are suspicious. Or send the to cloud 9 for testing.

Igor Novak

Account closed on request
Apr 20, 2015
I think you should test it and have your own results. Maybe start a thread about Space Jam and how you are suspicious. Or send the to cloud 9 for testing.
Man why you dump your negativity on me I am really not guilty that your favorit line of juice is chock full Of diacetyl.
Just bear with it. Its not like if you angry all day, diacetyl would leave. The bug is in the head and it is doing the job.
I would repeat my original post and hope you will not dump it on me again.
I would really like to hear what people think about Space Jam results that Vapor Shark posted?

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I would really like to hear what people think about Space Jam results that Vapor Shark posted?

Start a thread as it doesn't belong here. You don't know what my favorite line of juice is. I'm just saying bringing up other juices doesn't need to be posted here.

My favorite FP juice is Gambit and here is the actual test results from cloud 9 this year. No wonder they are being sued.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Start a thread as it doesn't belong here. You don't know what my favorite line of juice is. I'm just saying bringing up other juices doesn't need to be posted here.

My favorite FP juice is Gambit and here is the actual test results from cloud 9 this year. No wonder they are being sued.

Where did you see that Cloud9 is being Sued?

Can you post a Link? I would like to read a Copy of the Complaint.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI

So now you are claiming that the lab or Cloud9 falsified these results and that there is a lawsuit? Five Pawns are doomed if they do that. To quote from the Five Pawns Gambit webpage.

Our liquid blends are comprised of 50% VG / 50% PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread