Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I rock innokin all day in every way. The vv4 kicking around the house for comfort, the easy carry VV3's for short trips < 5Hrs, the super comfy CF IV for the full work day or longer jaunts, and the MVP for all day and night security. I also rock the SVD 20 for it's 20 second cut off for that "special" atomizer.

We were joking around when Popus and I made the Innokin Army banner but let me tell you, if I were to line all my troops up for inspection today, it would make a pretty good photo! Innokin has missed a time or two but over all they just make good inexpensive stuff that often leads the industry. Many other self contained box devices may claim the tittle but it was the MVP that started the whole box mod revolution and it is still the King of the Hill

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Well, I have found one small bummer on the CF IV. I was at the vape shop and kind of checking out a Kanger Subtank when one of the guys says I have one I don't use any more, I'll trade you for a good sized bottle of your juice." I was elated and coiled, filled, and started to enjoy a .37 coil at around 33W. Ahhhhh, what a nice vape. It was then I noticed what is not a small gap between the bottom of the tank and the device :( My OCD just will not allow me to vape on a device that fits so poorly and I had to five the Subtank back. I tried a Nano as well and it didn't fit either. On the bright side, I tried a V2 and it did snug down. Now that I tried and liked it I guess I'll have to spring full price for the V2 (sigh).

Reactions: pufZeppelin

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Well, I have found one small bummer on the CF IV. I was at the vape shop and kind of checking out a Kanger Subtank when one of the guys says I have one I don't use any more, I'll trade you for a good sized bottle of your juice." I was elated and coiled, filled, and started to enjoy a .37 coil at around 33W. Ahhhhh, what a nice vape. It was then I noticed what is not a small gap between the bottom of the tank and the device :( My OCD just will not allow me to vape on a device that fits so poorly and I had to five the Subtank back. I tried a Nano as well and it didn't fit either. On the bright side, I tried a V2 and it did snug down. Now that I tried and liked it I guess I'll have to spring full price for the V2 (sigh).

My Achilles also "snugs" down on it; I really can't see any gap at all. I think there's a TINY gap with my kayfuns. I find I really do like the CF IV better than any of my other mods right now; it's just comfy in my hand. So I'm considering getting another one; found it someplace for $35.99. I'm thinking Amethyst this time (they don't have the purple, which is both blessing and curse -- I love the purple, but I don't have any other purple vape stuff!). Or maybe the black; since I seem to be vaping the Achilles exclusively these days, I keep using the black delrin knucklehead driptip to keep juice out of my mouth.

Andria

Reactions: gerrymi

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Well, I have found one small bummer on the CF IV. I'll trade you for a good sized bottle of your juice." I was elated and coiled, filled, and started to enjoy a .37 coil at around 33W. Ahhhhh, what a nice vape.
It was then I noticed what is not a small gap between the bottom of the tank and the device :(
My OCD just will not allow me to vape on a device that fits so poorly and I had to five the Subtank back. I tried a Nano as well and it didn't fit either. On the bright side, I tried a V2 and it did snug down. Now that I tried and liked it I guess I'll have to spring full price for the V2 (sigh).

I had that ‘issue’ a few times with a few tanks…

I made a “gasket” “washer” out of the plastic lid of a coffee can...
drilled a hole in center, then cut appx 25mm circle
screwed it down and fine trimmed it with x acto knife

still use one on my Kayfun, hardly see it, forget it's there…

:)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I made a “gasket” “washer” out of the plastic lid of a coffee can...
drilled a hole in center, then cut appx 25mm circle
screwed it down and fine trimmed it with x acto knife

My friend, you have no idea how bad that would irritate me. Knowing that I bought a topper that had to be jerry rigged to work on my new device. We kicked around the idea of a flat gasket but unless it was extremely rigid, the threads could be buggered up if it fell on the atty. I would have made due if I had mail ordered or something but since the fellow I was getting it from was standing there and also agreed that it was not a good idea to risk threads, I decided to wait. Waiting was made easier when I tried on one of the new subtanks (the black one) and it fit fine. I'll just have to wait until they are available separate from the tank/box combo.

Dreamer13

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia
I was looking into purchasing the Cool Fire 4 but with all the tank gap problems I am now looking at the MVP 3 Pro. Right now I have a Nautilus Mini and iStick 20W. I just started vaping in Feb. I'm going to get an isub G tank when I upgrade the mod but with all these mod/tank options my head is spinning.

Stupid question but will the Nautilus Mini work on the MVP 3 Pro? Was wondering if there's too much power and don't want to mess up the tank as it isn't sub-ohm. I want a dependable mod that's not known for a ton of issues and isn't $100+. Also, any gap issues on the MVP 3 Pro...any/all tanks that anyone can mention if there is a gap? Thank you for the advice/info in advance!

mcginnis314

Aug 27, 2014
Fort Worth, TX, USA
I was looking into purchasing the Cool Fire 4 but with all the tank gap problems I am now looking at the MVP 3 Pro. Right now I have a Nautilus Mini and iStick 20W. I just started vaping in Feb. I'm going to get an isub G tank when I upgrade the mod but with all these mod/tank options my head is spinning.

Stupid question but will the Nautilus Mini work on the MVP 3 Pro? Was wondering if there's too much power and don't want to mess up the tank as it isn't sub-ohm. I want a dependable mod that's not known for a ton of issues and isn't $100+. Also, any gap issues on the MVP 3 Pro...any/all tanks that anyone can mention if there is a gap? Thank you for the advice/info in advance!
I have a MVP 3.0 PRO. I once in a while throw my Aspire Nautilus on it with no problems. I run it anywhere between 10-17 watts. I definitely wouldn't recommend pushing the full 60 watts that the PRO is capable of though. I'd say keep the Nautilus Mini under 20 watts (depending on coil ohms, juice ratio, etc) and you will find your sweet spot. Remember, the 3.0 PRO is still capable of running the same 6-11 watts just like the 2.0. It just can go higher for those who use sub-ohm and like higher watts.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
my 5 month old mvp 3.0 has always fluctuated ohms up or down .2 or so, but lately is reading ohms all over the place. regularly off .2-1 ohms higher than the coils, but lately has been going to 2.5 ohms (.9 ohm coils) every few fires. Its getting unusably bad and has started shutting off regularly.

My old mvp 2.0 lasted about 10 months before it started killing itself every few fires, requiring it to be plugged in. and the mvp3 has been doing the same more and more frequently.

I have cleaned all contacts thoroughly, and don't see any damage or signs of water damage. And this is happening on every atty i put in it. contacted innokin at the 4 month point when i saw a friends never fluctuated ohms at all, but apparently they only give a 90 day warranty and i was foolish enough to think a slight fluctuation was normal.

HELP
any advice or fixes would be great. I'm strongly considering going away from innokin as two dead mods in just over a year seems unreasonable.

K-Space

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2010
Delaware

The MVP 3 Pro works just fine with the Nautulis Mini. No Gap. "Just set it and forget it" quote from Ron Popele the man who bought you
the "Pocket Fisherman"

Reactions: Dreamer13

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
my 5 month old mvp 3.0 has always fluctuated ohms up or down .2 or so, but lately is reading ohms all over the place. regularly off .2-1 ohms higher than the coils, but lately has been going to 2.5 ohms (.9 ohm coils) every few fires. Its getting unusably bad and has started shutting off regularly.

My old mvp 2.0 lasted about 10 months before it started killing itself every few fires, requiring it to be plugged in. and the mvp3 has been doing the same more and more frequently.

I have cleaned all contacts thoroughly, and don't see any damage or signs of water damage. And this is happening on every atty i put in it. contacted innokin at the 4 month point when i saw a friends never fluctuated ohms at all, but apparently they only give a 90 day warranty and i was foolish enough to think a slight fluctuation was normal.

HELP
any advice or fixes would be great. I'm strongly considering going away from innokin as two dead mods in just over a year seems unreasonable.
I am in the exact same boat! My mvp 3 was great for 4 months at least, then all of a sudden within the last week it'll jump from .6 to 2 ohms and I'll cook the juice. It's something with the pin. You can try pulling it up from the side with a little mini screwdriver or something, it helped with mine. I think over time stuff may build up and cause it to stick down too low so it doesn't get a solid connection.

Other topic. I'm pretty ocd and the "gap" with my 3 subtanks on the Coolfire 4 is so so small it's really a nonissue. So much that I just ordered another CF4. This is the most accurate ohm reading mod I own. Absolutely love it. I use it more than my Evic-VT, isticks, mvp 3. I wouldn't let that mini gap turn you away unless you are super ridiculous ocd lol.

Not the best angle but I don't have my CF4 with me at work. Thing is so sexy.
OqLMd24.jpg

Last edited:

Dreamer13

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia
I am in the exact same boat! My mvp 3 was great for 4 months at least, then all of a sudden within the last week it'll jump from .6 to 2 ohms and I'll cool the juice. It's something with the pin. You can try pulling it up from the side with a little mini screwdriver or something, it helped with mine. I think over time stuff may build up and cause it to stick down too low so it doesn't get a solid connection.

Other topic. I'm pretty ocd and the "gap" with my 3 subtanks on the Coolfire 4 is so so small it's really a nonissue. So much that I just ordered another CF4. This is the most accurate ohm reading mod I own. Absolutely love it. I use it more than my Evic-VT, isticks, mvp 3. I wouldn't let that mini gap turn you away unless you are super ridiculous ocd lol.

Not the best angle but I don't have my CF4 with me at work. Thing is so sexy.

I absolutely love the look and feel of the Coolfire 4; want the purple so bad I can't stand it! lol I'm more worried about the gap ruining the threads and making the tank unstable. As of right now I don't go high temp but I wanted to choose something with a little more options in case I do change the way I vape. I'm a mouth to lung hitter, so all this sub-ohm stuff isn't tickling my fancy atm. Just want a smaller mod that will hold up for me. iStick 20w has worked well for my needs but I'd like a better built mod. I'm all about flavor not clouds. ;)

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I forgot to ask...Any gaps with a Nautilus Mini on the Coolfire 4?
I only use subtanks. The gap is so small I really don't see how it world affect the threads unless you dropped it. But if you drop it, it could damage the threads regardless of the gap lol.

Head over to vapordna. Use code VTRz7Zws5k for $10 your shiny new purple Coolfire 4!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I only use subtanks. The gap is so small I really don't see how it world affect the threads unless you dropped it. But if you drop it, it could damage the threads regardless of the gap lol.

Head over to vapordna. Use code VTRz7Zws5k for $10 your shiny new purple Coolfire 4!

$10 or 10%?

Andria

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Some Cool Fire's have more gap than others, the 510 isn't quite flush on all of them. Mine is unfortunately not totally flush and with long 510 atties there is quite a gap {1mm}. My Kayfun leaves much less, it bumps right against the 510.

As far as damage goes, not likely to happen even with a gap. The threads are stainless steel. My Vamo has a huge gap with all atomizers and brass threads, I have dropped it more times than I can count and the threads are still okay. I don't have a Nautilus to test but if they are known to have a long 510 there will be a gap.

Dreamer13

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia

Wow, thanks for the coupon!!!! I have to pull the trigger now. :banana:

Reactions: DanJiblets

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
$10. Not a typo lol. But $5 shipping. Still CF4 $33 shipped, can't beat that!

I was actually looking at the MVP 3 Pro; the express kit is only $54.99, so $10 off would make it only $44.99 -- within my reach. :D I'd really love a white mod, but all the others, even the lowest price is over $50.

Andria

Reactions: VapieDan

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I was actually looking at the MVP 3 Pro; the express kit is only $54.99, so $10 off would make it only $44.99 -- within my reach. :D I'd really love a white mod, but all the others, even the lowest price is over $50.

Andria

Al little more patience and even lower prices! As soon as the Disrupter hits down the prices go!

Reactions: DanJiblets
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread