Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Looks good Retic. Might be a bit pricey. If it is real good though, I guess that is worth it. Keep us informed on it. 1.1 is lukewarm hugh? LOL. I guess I like lukewarm then. I had the Rogue in dual coil, and it was a hot vape, until I tweaked it. I don't like hot vapes at all. Warm yes, hot no. I guess that is why I usually prefer single coil too. When I first built my regular Derringer, it was a hot vape too. Taste was excellent, but hot. Thought I'll try single coil, then go back and tweak the dual later. Later never came. I am still vaping that Derringer in single coil. Then I got the bf Derringer, and it is straight single coil. I never tried it in dual coil, at least not yet. Maybe in the future I will do a dual coil, just for the heck of it. The Derringer on top of the Woodvil is light as a feather. The Quasar is MUCH heavier, and it's bigger too. I have that one on the metal Reo. I was gonna put the Quasar on the Woodvil, but the top cap is tight, even if you lube the o rings. I decided not to pressure the connector. I was afraid it might hurt the Woodvil. I can't have that ya know. LOL. I baby that Woodvil. That Woodvil is vape heaven for me. I think I said that a few times already. Sorry, I just can't help it.
We'll have to wait and see on that Snapdragon , I was expecting big things from SM because of previous Kayfuns and the KF4 was a letdown to me , it might go the same way with the Snapdragon , I expect something good because they made the Rose but it remains to be seen . Yup the RM2 at 1.1 is lukewarm , not warm or cool , I'm still not used to seeing an 18mm atty though . :) But it definitely cranks out the vapor and flavor , I'm totally impressed with it , no chance of marring the Woody with it either . The topcap screws on like the Magma , the build is just as easy too . And yup I'm babying mine too . :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's gonna be an expensive RDA , $140 , no hope for me unless it's cloned , that's too much for an RDA anyway IMO .
The prices of these attys are out of control. I thought I was stretching paying $90 for my authentic Kayfuns. $140 - $180 for these new attys? Forget it! I think some of it, at least in part, is these original makers wanting to cash in before the clones put them out of business. I'm just wondering how many inventions we are not seeing because it simply isn't worth taking the risk anymore. If it isn't happening now it will be happening when these cloners are coming out with copycats in a week after the authentics are released. Cripes, it used to be several months before you saw clones. Not anymore.

Reactions: PapawBrett

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
The prices of these attys are out of control. I thought I was stretching paying $90 for my authentic Kayfuns. $140 - $180 for these new attys? Forget it! I think some of it, at least in part, is these original makers wanting to cash in before the clones put them out of business. I'm just wondering how many inventions we are not seeing because it simply isn't worth taking the risk anymore. If it isn't happening now it will be happening when these cloners are coming out with copycats in a week after the authentics are released. Cripes, it used to be several months before you saw clones. Not anymore.
I don't know what to think anymore , some of these companies may not have the capacity to make money through volume but Eden mods has always been on the higher end , the Rose was $200 when it came out but can be had for $100 now which is reasonable and probably how it should have been priced to begin with . But $140 for an RDA is just not worth it , there are companies making solid , authentic RDA's in the $40 range these days . It's hard to justify spending that amount of money on something you may or may not even like .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't know what to think anymore , some of these companies may not have the capacity to make money through volume but Eden mods has always been on the higher end , the Rose was $200 when it came out but can be had for $100 now which is reasonable and probably how it should have been priced to begin with . But $140 for an RDA is just not worth it , there are companies making solid , authentic RDA's in the $40 range these days . It's hard to justify spending that amount of money on something you may or may not even like .
Agree. And what's worse is none of these new attys are coming out with any new, earthshattering inventions. It's not like they're game changers or anything. They're still working on the margins and tweaking designs that already exist.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Gotta say, for the price point I'm half tempted to buy the clone REO just for the heck of it. There are tons of bottom fed atties now and I'm not sure just how bad you can really screw up a mechanical?

I'm probably entirely wrong and its a waste of money, but it is a huuuuge price difference

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Gotta say, for the price point I'm half tempted to buy the clone REO just for the heck of it. There are tons of bottom fed atties now and I'm not sure just how bad you can really screw up a mechanical?

I'm probably entirely wrong and its a waste of money, but it is a huuuuge price difference
What can a REO be got for?

Reactions: Chakris

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
What can a REO be got for?
Around $100-200 used, I haven't looked at the site for a long time. Papaw or kk could probably tell you better. I know when I was looking last time it would've been around $250 total for a mini with rm2 and spare bottles and tubes. That didn't include batteries and charger (didn't have any at the time, have plenty now)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

I'd at least wait until you hear some reports on the clone , not sure who's making it and if it's even worth $30 .

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Around $100-200 used, I haven't looked at the site for a long time. Papaw or kk could probably tell you better. I know when I was looking last time it would've been around $250 total for a mini with rm2 and spare bottles and tubes. That didn't include batteries and charger (didn't have any at the time, have plenty now)

You can get a Reo LP Grand for 161 +, depending on which material it has on it. The light model is even more. The LP Grand is a great mod. I like the low profile, and you can stick just about any bf atty on it. The one I have was given to me. I did buy a J Wrap to put on it though. I like the feel of the Woodvil better though. The metal one is great for out and about as well. If you drop it, it will take a licking, and keep on ticking. I doubt if the clone will be as sturdy. But it is possible of course.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

you can screw up a mech easily... just drop the Stingray on a tile floor... :evil:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC

A used Grand / RM2 should run about $150 in the classifieds. Call Rob and ask him personally about 'blemished mods' which are about @ $110, and usually listed as Sold Out. Rob will try to help you if he can.
As far as Grand clones ; the spring below the battery is actually a fail safe - it collapses in the event of a dead short. The 510 connector has three gaskets, if they fail your mod shorts directly into the body of the mod. If the cheap clone does not provide these safety features, you could be headed for trouble.

Last edited:

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Thanks for input everyone! Definitely wouldn't buy it without waiting for reviews, I never do. Can't even come close to affording the real thing for a while so no big deal (like literally can't buy anything outside groceries til fall most likely).

If anything, my hubby is considering making a few bf mods just for us. He's talented with metal working and can get the parts for a pretty decent price. Will be a good winter project.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Rebuilt the RM2 yet again this morning , I trashed the first coil trying to get the wick out of it , second coil was identical to the first in all specs but came out at 1.3 instead of 1.1 and it had a definite lag to it , BK suspects a bubble formed in the wire during manufacturing , no other reason for the difference that I could account for . I dropped 1 wrap and went from 2mm to 2.4mm and it's just a hair over 1ohm and it's perfect now , Dragon's Fire just lights up in it .

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
The atty on my Woodvil is at 1.1 ohm. Perfection! I mixed some Heavenly Tobacco with some Tuscan Cocoa, not bad at all. I think I am going to do 1/3 of those two, and throw some Fresh Grindz in there, just for the hell of it. Might be pretty tasty! I am still very happy with the Derringer on my Woodvil.

update: So after I typed this, I got right up, and added the Fresh Grindz...it was a little more than a third though. Not bad at all. I needed a flavor change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread