PART 6 -The Official MyVapeJuice Family Room (Crazy Chit Chat Thread - Live LAUGH Love and Vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
What a PITA. Got FedExed a new card today, old account closed. Now trying to update all my accounts, and figure out if I'm forgetting any recurring charges. But, I know it could be worse. I feel so sorry for the poor folks who've had their identities stolen, and have to change EVERYTHING over. That's gotta be frustrating...

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Doo...

Just in case you hadn't thought it through... the flavorings on most extracts will be in either 100% PG ( most typical ) or 100% VG.. so when adding a PG based extract at 20% to say 100% VG base... you end up with 20PG/80VG ... the nic level is also dropped by that 20% so an 8mg nic will then be 6% ( or there abouts ). So obviously, it you'd want a different PG/VG mix, you'd adjust accordingly

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Doo...

Just in case you hadn't thought it through... the flavorings on most extracts will be in either 100% PG ( most typical ) or 100% VG.. so when adding a PG based extract at 20% to say 100% VG base... you end up with 20PG/80VG ... the nic level is also dropped by that 20% so an 8mg nic will then be 6% ( or there abouts ). So obviously, it you'd want a different PG/VG mix, you'd adjust accordingly

Yep Thats all true, so if You plan on using a nic base of lower level or near the level You want. Maybe playing around with a ejuice calculator before You place an order may be a good idea.
The highest nic level Yimmey offers is 36mg. I would go with that to give you the leeway You may need. And At 36mg it's pretty safe as compared to higher levels i.e. spills & exposure to skin.
I start off with 100mg, cut it to 50mg at 50/50 and mix from there.
But Doo, it seems You have been reading & researching DIYing thats a VERY VERY good thing, You should be able to decide how Yo want to go about it.
And as always and I'm sure You are aware any questions or concerns someone 'round here will help out.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
What a PITA. Got FedExed a new card today, old account closed. Now trying to update all my accounts, and figure out if I'm forgetting any recurring charges. But, I know it could be worse. I feel so sorry for the poor folks who've had their identities stolen, and have to change EVERYTHING over. That's gotta be frustrating...
and often takes years to resolve :(

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
animated-smileys-weather-077.gif

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
Thanks RDS N Moonwater. I really haven't read much into the DIY stuff, but it sounds fairly simple to get into. With my Subtanks (basically all I vape with here at home), I've been using 6 or 12 mg nic juice. Might have to drop it down once I can get a higher wattage mod and dripper setup. Luckily I've got a pretty good juice supply at the moment! :lol:

matt.e.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
SLO, CA
@jmur, sorry to hear about the stolen cc#. I'm thinking about trying a new vendor, but can't pull the trigger because it seems like whenever I do something like that happens. Last summer I ordered directly from Joyetech and within a day there were fraudulent charges on our card. Luckily it was our low limit Internet only one, but still a pain.

~~~~~~~~~

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Chimp lady N Max, thanks for the advice on the Midnight Frost. I'll have to try a tank when mine gets here. It would be pretty cool if I were to start DIYing my juice sooner or later.

Doo you might want to start sooner than later with the new reg's and taxes on the way :2c:

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Very cool. Yeah, from what I keep reading, DIY is the way to go to keep the cost down. I could get some like 36 mg nic and break that down into 6 or 12, get a good mix down N vape my own stuff!

36 mg works well that's what I break my 100mg down to for mixing :)

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2014
    Amarillo, TX
    Thanks OBG. Why can't the government get off our backs N let us vape what (and how) we want to? I understand, it's a big money game. But still, it sucks!

Moonwater, I've only glanced at that section a time or two. Always kinda made me step back when I read about handling 100 mg nic. Figured there had to be a less risky way to get into it.

Think I'm gonna head out for today. Thanks to all of y'all who have chimed in today, you're all great in my book! :thumbs:

See y'all in the funny papers! *gone*

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread