Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
A lot of Maple Leaf Vapes juices. Sucks a bit because they tasted pretty good before I did this. Going by the advice I'm getting, I think the water I used was too hot.
OIC,..Kanuk eliquids..I have no experience,.. but I know I have left juices in the car once or twice in the Cackalacky heat,..( SC ) in the middle of summer at 98f out with not a thing happening as far as off taste goes. Ahlusion LLC but that's a pretty premium juice.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Three weeks? That's a rush job, I have some that have been steeping for 6months so far....

Same, this thread reminded me to try one juice that's been sitting for 11 months.

A simple watermelon flavor that didn't taste anything at all! Now it's delicious altho abit to strong for my liking as it's 18mg and i've went down to 12mg long time ago. :p

So imo some juices that didn't taste anything do get get better with time. Prime example is custards. They're amazing after say 6 months compared to first month.
I've never tried to speed steep though, just the plain wait it out game. :)

Reactions: Cowboy192

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
nnvjh.jpg

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Prime example is custards. They're amazing after say 6 months compared to first month.
I've never tried to speed steep though, just the plain wait it out game. :)

Yep, it's my diy custards that have been steeping (and 100ml of bryces) but I tent to make large batches of juice so it has lots of time to steep before I break open the bottle

Reactions: SleeZy

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I never add heat. I add just enough flavoring to my taste preference. If the flavor fades in time. I'll add a few more drops of flavoring. I stopped making huge batches too.

Yeah... I stopped making huge batches when I realized that I could no longer stand the Virginia I started with. I've probably got about 100ml of that, that I'll never vape.

It just doesn't pay to make huge batches, when you've been quit from smoking for less than a year, at the very least; tastes keep changing!

Andria

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
My preferred method is..Go to the mail box,..bust open the box,..put on Dimebag Darrel,.. set eliquid in front of speakers..Blast out "This Love"! :p

I do find your methodology to be quite sound.

.....It just doesn't pay to make huge batches, when you've been quit from smoking for less than a year, at the very least; tastes keep changing!

I agree. My tastes have changed dramatically over the last year and a half along with nic level. There is going to be a ton of fruity juice headed to the curb here soon. And probably some headed to my brother Sirius :lol:

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
The more of something I get through the bigger the batch, my ry4 I get through about 250-300ml a month so it pays to make 600ml at a time, custard a 250ml bottle will last me a couple months but I leave it to steep for 6+months so I make a fresh batch every time I get down to my last 100ml, the only one I went a bit ott on was a fruit blend I did and I made almost 1liter of it but my friends are helping blast through it lol

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I do find your methodology to be quite sound.

I agree. My tastes have changed dramatically over the last year and a half along with nic level. There is going to be a ton of fruity juice headed to the curb here soon. And probably some headed to my brother Sirius :lol:
:w00t: That's what I love about the Juice Junkies..Always willing to share! :p

I got a 30ml sealed bottle of 5P's I'll send someone..Anyone?!? :lol:

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I generally use the hot tap water in the sink method whenever I get a new juice. I only leave it in there for about 15 minutes, then pull it out and shake vigorously. Then I let them sit for a few days. Only then will I taste a juice to see if it is ready. If not, I might leave it open for a few hours to let any alcohol evaporate, then seal it back up and shake again. Sometimes you just have to wait.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Warm water steep, ultrasound steeping, ultrasound-warm water steeping...

Oh ye unruly disciples!

And I thought that ordering from fasttech has taught you patience...

What ordering from Fasttech taught ME was to never do it again! :D

Andria

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
I have an inquiring mind and would like to know - #1 did you make these juices yourself? #2 what brands of flavoring(s) were used? #3 How much did you use (at what percentage)? I know I am being nosy but it may help with the answers.:D

I didn't make them myself, they were all bought from Maple Leaf Vapes.

Reactions: Sirius

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Slow and steady. I don't really need lots of steep for most juice. I just load up and keep it sealed in my drawer. I chose the few juices I want next and open them, leave then uncapped for a night, shake them a few times a day, maybe leave them open another night. I usually go by smell also. If something smells really strong, I'll air it out a lot more than just one night. I may not do it right idk, but that's how I do it and it tastes delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread