Indiana Call to Action: Multiple Indiana bills would threaten access to and use of e-cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Reactions: Hoosier

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
TROUTMAN v. KENTUCKY BAR ASSOCIATION - FindLaw

this guy? seems like real stand up dude...who hasn't shot the neighbors house with a crossbow?

Funny you should talk about neighbors and crossbow.

My new neighbors moved in last fall with their 70+lb 9 month old Pitbull. Wife was letting our dog out to relieve himself one night and this Pitbull had gotten out and attacked, tried to kill our dog in our yard. I had to hit it in the head with a shovel 5-6 times before he let go.
Reported it and was told if it happened again I could not shoot the dog w/gun, it was illegal to discharge a firearm in town. So I bought a 80lb pistol Crossbow, that Pitbul attacks my dog again he's eating a bolt(arrow).

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
So a bit of good news....my local B&M will be complying with these ludacris requirements. They've been selling their house juices for quite a while along with some pretty expensive gear and have done well enough to open three stores in three years. They were thinking about opening a fourth until HB14crap hit the fan and will now be investing in their clean room and security instead. They already have the surveillance due to some break ins as well as a building that will be used for the clean room and possibly a fourth store front. I haven't been a big fan of theirs due to the whole price issue for the gear they sell but I'm all for supporting them through this. So we have a little spot of sunshine peeking through these dark clouds. Here's to hoping more B&M's are able to do the same.

:toast:

Reactions: kas122461

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I don't think many people who would want to know have seen what Hoosier posted over in the Hoosier Vapers sub forum so I'm copying and pasting it here for those who don't know about it. It's handy information.

"There is a bit of confusion about the 2 bills that became law that impact vapers, so I thought I'd post to help clear some of that up.

All laws go into effect the first of July after the end of the General Assembly. BUT that does NOT mean all laws are enforced on that date.

436 mandates all vaping liquid be contained in bottles with child resistant caps and tamper evident seals. Also vape shops must have a tobacco retailers license and either ban children from the premises or not have ANY nicotine within reach of consumers. (This means customer's bottles/gear too) This law is to be enforced the first of August 2015.

1432 which covers juice production, labeling, and licensing of any producer selling within the state of Indiana is to be enforced the first of July 2016.

Hoosier Vapers Inc will be fighting 1432 in the courts and the legislature and will need your help. (note the club, Hoosier Vapers, has become a legal entity, 501 c4, to enable raising funds directly for the fight for all vapers in the state. I am no longer president, just a board member as my wife had kindly asked me to reduce my stress level because she worries about me more than I do.)

The legal fight alone is 6 figures to get started. Add in the costs for fighting in the legislature and this stuff gets very expensive very quickly. Most shops in the state are involved and will be donating significant money, but we will all need to help.

There are changes coming to the Hoosier Vapers web site and Facebook page.

Shelbyville has already lost a shop and unemployed 5 people as a result of 1432 being signed into law. They didn't see themselves as able to keep fighting. We have seen posts that some juice producers are, or plan to, stop shipping to Indiana. This is a fight that doesn't have an easy road, but it is important. Not just for vapers in Indiana, but for vapers that aren't vaping yet, and to show other states we will not be shoved aside, ignored, and treated like criminals for choosing vaping over smoking."

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
petrotech I'm assuming Hoosier will let us know when they begin collecting donations. You can keep an eye on the Hoosier Vaper's facebook page to.

FYI>>> Hoosiervapers.com - Was no longer there last I checked, web hosting page loaded.

Facebook page was active >> Hoosier Vapers | Facebook

Things have been quite, I thought some vape shops were suing the state, have not heard anything. I feel like the fight here is fading away to submission.

Reactions: zoiDman

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
FYI>>> Hoosiervapers.com - Was no longer there last I checked, web hosting page loaded.

Facebook page was active >> Hoosier Vapers | Facebook

Things have been quite, I thought some vape shops were suing the state, have not heard anything. I feel like the fight here is fading away to submission.

I know, things have been very quiet. I've been assuming this lawsuit is something that has to be carefully researched and presented so may take months before being ready. I do believe that discussing the lawsuit here or anywhere for that matter is probably not going to happen so we probably won't hear anything until it's actually filed.

Reactions: zoiDman

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I know, things have been very quiet. I've been assuming this lawsuit is something that has to be carefully researched and presented so may take months before being ready. I do believe that discussing the lawsuit here or anywhere for that matter is probably not going to happen so we probably won't hear anything until it's actually filed.

Well they responded to my Facebook message, new website is .org >>>>>>>>

Hoosier Vapers

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Right, been busy with things that are not for public release...yet.

First, Hoosier Vapers is now a 501c4 corporation instead of a club.
Second, website hosting and Facebook has been transferred to the corporation so there are more changes coming.
Third, just today the board of directors voted to proceed with the lawsuit with a major law firm based in Indy. (until the ink is dry and the banks agree that funds have transferred correctly, we'll keep it at major...)

Fourth, Hoosier Vapers is initiated memberships at 3 levels.
1. Consumer non-voting (least expensive and allows most anyone to support the fight for vapers in the state)
2. Consumer Advocate ($100/year will be able to vote for board members and receive special bonuses/discounts at member shops plus be eligible for special giveaways.)
3. Vendor (price is per store front)

We have hired a firm to represent us in the statehouse.

We will have a table at Vape The Fort this weekend taking donations and memberships with a number of neat things to giveaway! I will be working the table Saturday. Maybe I will wear a bowler to make myself more recognizable?

We will also be at the event in South Bend at the end of October.

We are working to get the site setup to accept donations and memberships. Members get an actual member card, plastic, not laminated paper, so you can be a card carrying member and show that you've joined the fight.

The sad truth is that it takes money to fight for what's right and we need money to keep fighting. If we could get 1000 voting level (advocate) consumer members, we would have enough to get through the first 2 stages of the lawsuit. That would be a huge bargaining chip for the lobbyists and a tremendous step forward for vapers and soon to be vapers across the state.

I'm a board member and handed over my $100 this afternoon. Means I have to put off getting the next piece of hardware I've been wanting for a bit, but I think it was worth every penny.

So, please keep up with the Facebook page and check in at hoosiervapers.org to see the changes coming. We will be listing the vendors who have joined as members to help with the fight and much more is coming.

Thanks for reading and being interested. Hope to see many more card carrying members in the days to come.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
So I sorta kinda mentioned to an e liquid company that maybe they sorta kinda could maybe think about selling their liquid in my local B&M. This eliquid company has all of the required facilities and qualifications, the only thing missing is the surveillance, I believed. Oh and the permit of course. They replied by saying they don't want to have to hire someone to watch their inventory around the clock?? Did I miss something? And if this is incorrect this is an issue that needs addressing. If an out of state vendor has the ability to sell to B&M's here in Indiana where can these vendors go to get good sound *correct* information on what's exactly required. If incorrect information is the only thing stopping some of these companies from entering the Indiana market we need to do something about this.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The ATC is not expected to issue preliminary regulation until late December.

There isn't much for folks outside the process to do until that is published except join the fight against it.

Cannot comply with unpublished regulations, interpreted by the agency responsible for doing so. We are in talks with the ATC and they are as receptive as a collection of people like that can be.

There is a mix of misinformation being spread about and things being interpreted by the ATC in ways we do not believe others expect. (There are more meetings with them to come, so it's still up in the air until they publish and what they say today may not be what they say next week.) We will be pushing out a fund drive at the right time so that juice producers outside the state can help with the fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: pennysmalls
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread