I need an advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyJones

Jul 1, 2015
Sorry for posting this thread on this forum, but since I'm totally new to this community, I'm unable to post in the "Ask the Veterans" forum. I wanted to ask you guys a question about atomizer.

Not that long ago, I bought the new mvp 3.0 pro mod. I am really satisfied with it and the iSub G tank that comes with it is just perfect to me. I also used the Delta 2 tank but I liked the iSub G more.
But, the problem starts a couple of weeks ago when I lost my job. These tanks really eats a lot of juice and in (bloody)Croatia the e juices are not that cheap.I am no longer able to spend that amount of money on the juices anymore. Then I decided to switch on the atomizer which should hopefully spend less juice then the tank. Oh btw, I was lung hitter most of the time but now I'm switching back to mouth to lungs vaping which I hope it's gonna spend less juice and which I enjoy just as much as lung hits as well.

Anyways, a few days ago I bought the Aspire Nautilus full size tank hoping it would take less juice and give me a good vape production, but that wasn't a case. Just to mention, I am a noob in this so don't get mad at me if you see some nonsense written in here. Anyways, the vapor from that tank is not what I expected it to be. The vapor is warm(which I dislike) and I'm not getting enough vapor production to satisfied myself with it.

Another thing, before the mvp 3.0, I was using the innokin clk 1280 mod and I was really, really satisfied with that mod and vapor from some random cheap atomizer, but I was stupid enough to sell it. The vapor from clk mod was really enjoyable for me. Great vapor production and not warm at all(just the way I like it).

So, my question is, which atomizer would you suggest me to use for a good vapor production, mouth to lung vaping and normal (not warm) vapor on the mvp 3.0 pro ?

P.S.: I am vaping at 12W and I saw some video about changing the coils but that wouldn't effect the vapor warmth, right ?

Hope you guys have a good day, and I'm really looking forward to your advises.

Much love,
Sonny Jones

Attachments

• 20150623_215044.png
    20150623_215044.png
    821 KB · Views: 25

AbigGRNboot

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I've been using a kayfun clone from FT. Great for mouth to lung hits, and you can build the coil and wick to suit your heat and flavor preference. I'm not implying that I have figured out exactly how yet, but I'm experimenting with wire gauge, wraps, & wicking now.
Probably not much help, but my kayfuns are great for mouth to lung.

Reactions: SonnyJones

AbigGRNboot

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I've been using a kayfun clone from FT. Great for mouth to lung hits, and you can build the coil and wick to suit your heat and flavor preference. I'm not implying that I have figured out exactly how yet, but I'm experimenting with wire gauge, wraps, & wicking now.
Probably not much help, but my kayfuns are great for mouth to lung.
I also burn through about 5-7ml per day of heavy use with a kayfun.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
After two subtanks the nautilus is always going to feel a bit weird. It just doesn't offer the same level of airflow.

My recommendation would actually be to change your juice rather than your setup. Start making your own juice and you will be able to get like a gallon for the price of 15 ML's of the store bought stuff.

SonnyJones

Jul 1, 2015
Welcome Sonny!

At what power level are your running the Nautilus? I run mine around 9.5-11.5W, depending on the juice. My juice is VG-heavy (at least 65%VG all the way up to about 80%VG) I get plenty of vapor for *me*, and I don't seem to sense as a "warm" hit.
Well that just might work actually because I'm currently using a very thick juice since the store that I buy the juices from doesn't have the VG juices. Thank you very much (=
P.S.: I'm running it at 12W.

SonnyJones

Jul 1, 2015
VG is the stuff that makes it thick, non VG juices should be almost like water.
Then you want me to make my own juice :p... But the lady in the store told me they don't have the VG juices and she was more like "I'm not sure what that is"(Croatia itself is still in early stage with this things) but I have noticed that the juice I bought is really thick. Not sure really...still exploring...as I sad, I'm still a noob :\

Reactions: thetrucker

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
VG - Vegetable Glycerin - is the thicker component that produces more vapor. PG - Propylene Glycol - is very thin, like water, and provides the "throat hit" (and also helps carry the flavor.)

Keep asking questions - we'll help as best we can. When you get more posts in, you can hit the international section of the forums. I believe I've seen other members from Croatia, and they may have some suggestions for you :)

If you do consider making your own, check the DIY threads. You don't want to use just "any" flavoring. Some are really not suited for making juices, even though they're used in cooking and baking.

Depending on what coils you're using in your Nautilus, really thick VG may not wick well. If you can get some distilled water, you can put a couple of drops in your juice to help thin it, and maybe it will wick a little better.

Reactions: thetrucker

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Well that just might work actually because I'm currently using a very thick juice since the store that I buy the juices from doesn't have the VG juices. Thank you very much (=
P.S.: I'm running it at 12W.

Umm... what you said doesn't really make sense. The store doesn't have VG juices, but you're using a thick juice? Because VG is *wayyyyyy* thicker than PG, always.

Andria

Smittened

Feb 2, 2015
South Carolina
It sounds like you have gotten used to sub ohm tanks. Once you get used to those, it's hard to go back to tanks such as the Nautilus. That's just my opinion, I have been vaping for over five years and couldn't go back and get satisfaction using those with my vaping. The best thing to save money would be to get into DIY. I don't, but it saves a lot of money from what I understand.

Reactions: hashtag

PressPlayVape

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
CA
I would definitely suggest turning your wattage down to around 9 or 10, make sure your airflow holes are all the way open and use a high VG juice. You're not going to get as much vapor production out of the Nautilus as you did with your iSub, but that's the point. Like you said, you want to use less juice(less vapor production) and you want mouth to lung hits(less vapor production).

qiubicfit

May 17, 2013
miami beach FL.
Welcome, great to hear from you, and hope all turns out well for you , it's not an easy thing to go through but I think we can relate. As others have mention
DIY would be a cheap alternative , I personally haven't try to but it is way cheaper , i do prefer mouth to lung,
Know that the kayfun lite plus v2 offers great flavor and a wide range of air flow control , also my russian 91% v2 are build like tanks and offer amaZing flavor n air flow, I run them at 28g 8 wraps 1.2 ohm at 15w and they perform great a tank can last me two days easy, also my REO's with RM2
Last me three to four days , but that's all subjective and many factors , I hope you can get back on your feet real soon , keep on vaping:))

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Sorry for posting this thread on this forum, but since I'm totally new to this community, I'm unable to post in the "Ask the Veterans" forum. I wanted to ask you guys a question about atomizer.

Not that long ago, I bought the new mvp 3.0 pro mod. I am really satisfied with it and the iSub G tank that comes with it is just perfect to me. I also used the Delta 2 tank but I liked the iSub G more.
But, the problem starts a couple of weeks ago when I lost my job. These tanks really eats a lot of juice and in (bloody)Croatia the e juices are not that cheap.I am no longer able to spend that amount of money on the juices anymore. Then I decided to switch on the atomizer which should hopefully spend less juice then the tank. Oh btw, I was lung hitter most of the time but now I'm switching back to mouth to lungs vaping which I hope it's gonna spend less juice and which I enjoy just as much as lung hits as well.

Anyways, a few days ago I bought the Aspire Nautilus full size tank hoping it would take less juice and give me a good vape production, but that wasn't a case. Just to mention, I am a noob in this so don't get mad at me if you see some nonsense written in here. Anyways, the vapor from that tank is not what I expected it to be. The vapor is warm(which I dislike) and I'm not getting enough vapor production to satisfied myself with it.

Another thing, before the mvp 3.0, I was using the innokin clk 1280 mod and I was really, really satisfied with that mod and vapor from some random cheap atomizer, but I was stupid enough to sell it. The vapor from clk mod was really enjoyable for me. Great vapor production and not warm at all(just the way I like it).

So, my question is, which atomizer would you suggest me to use for a good vapor production, mouth to lung vaping and normal (not warm) vapor on the mvp 3.0 pro ?

P.S.: I am vaping at 12W and I saw some video about changing the coils but that wouldn't effect the vapor warmth, right ?

Hope you guys have a good day, and I'm really looking forward to your advises.

Much love,
Sonny Jones

to cut cost on eliquid, here's what I do.

I can't get PG locally, so I mix my own base using glycerine from the pharmacy with 10% distilled or bottled water.
I buy 24mg halo eliquid and pour the whole 15ml bottle into an empty 120ml bottle (from the bottles I get the glycerine in) then I fill up the rest of that with the glycerine+10%water base.

qiubicfit

May 17, 2013
miami beach FL.
Hey Hashtag!!! I think the Russian 91% v2 is an amazing RTA, got mine at Mt baker vapor for half price of what all other Vendors listed for, retail is around 99 dollars, MBV has them in the satin silver finish and the super cool matte black, the build quality is super,
And they are so many parts out there for them , all kayfun lite plus parts fit with no problem, I got tons of spare parts like tanks replacements and kayfill tool, bell cap some tanks from
Fasttech for penny's , I have around 32
RDA's and around 8 kayfun style RTA's,
Both silver and Black Russian 91% v2 ,
Authentic Kayfun lt plus , kayfun v4,
taifun GT v2, squape reloaded , erlkonigin , and many other but Russians sit with nickel on my Hana DNA 40 TC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread