Cloud9vaping pulls Five Pawns and other liquids from the shelf after testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Novak

Account closed on request
Apr 20, 2015
Thanks you for posting this. It's now up in the archive.

Click Bang Podcast - NSFW
Five Pawns Shame, Shame, Shame
I listen it now!
For god sake: 10mg of Nicotine in bottle that is label for 18mg. I bet those people vape only when camera is on REC, I bet those people pay somebody for those e-juice recipe,so they cant redevelop it to be AP/DP free, for god sake they don't even know how to DIY e-juice.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
So now you are claiming that the lab or Cloud9 falsified these results and that there is a lawsuit? Five Pawns are doomed if they do that. To quote from the Five Pawns Gambit webpage.

Our liquid blends are comprised of 50% VG / 50% PG.

Say what? Did you read the results Cloud 9 published???? Those are the results from their test. Thanks for visiting the five pawns web site those hits are great for Google rankings.

Reactions: skoony

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I listen it now!
For god sake: 10mg of Nicotine in bottle that is label for 18mg. I bet those people vape only when camera is on REC, I bet those people pay somebody for those e-juice recipe,so they cant redevelop it to be AP/DP free, for god sake they don't even know how to DIY e-juice.

Seeing the Nicotine mg/ml levels being Off by that much Didn't Exactly give me a Warm n' Fuzzy Feeling that Five Pawn's Quality Control or Mixing Techniques are Top Notch.

I'm curious to see what Other Retailers/Individuals find regarding this. Because Testing for Nicotine mg/ml is a Relative Simple and Inexpensive Test to Perform.

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
FWIW, I've only bought a sampler pack from FP. While I liked some, I can't justify paying this much. It's not THAT good.
However, I noticed that one of the bottles gave me so much TH, that there was no way it was 12mg. I haven't tested it, but I've been vaping for months now, and I still have a variety of juice in different nic strengths.
What they sold me for 12mg was definitely much higher than that.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
Say what? Did you read the results Cloud 9 published???? Those are the results from their test. Thanks for visiting the five pawns web site those hits are great for Google rankings.

I've read them repeatedly. To quote from your own post of the Cloud9 results.

Cloud9
Propylene glycol* 73%
Glycerol* 27%

Five Pawns
Our liquid blends are comprised of 50% VG / 50% PG.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
There will not be a lawsuit because neither side can afford one, whatever the situation or outcome.

Cloud9 can't afford the lawyers; it isn't their business that they are fighting for.

Five Pawns can't afford to shine a spotlight on their procedures. There's enough evidence of serious inconsistency even without the Cloud9 reports and they really don't want a hostile expert witness telling everyone how dangerous AP is. If they win they look like a bully and if they lose their business is dead.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama

What are you getting at? What are we supposed to be seeing in those results?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I have two questions. How long has Cloud 9 been selling Five Pawns? I bought from them almost a year ago and they had FIve Pawns listed.

Next:

We've been testing our products since 2011 at the same independant UK-based lab used by Trading Standards. We don't generally publish our results alongside the liquids, because we anonymise the samples for company confidentiality, and to ensure the lab aren't mislead by any other labelling elements on the samples we send.

Why wasn't Five Pawns tested by cloud 9 before they began selling it?
Really ? You say you almost a year ago ?

Here's their announcement on the arrival of Five Pawns on their thread on March 18 of this year :
Five Pawns has arrived at Cloud 9 | E-Cigarette Forum

It was tested immediately and when Five Pawns refused to engage in a discussion in writing, the stock was returned by May 4.

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
Yes, it was almost a year ago. Nine months ago. Look at the date on 5P's lab results. C9 requested the lab results, 5P declined, so C9 ordered their own report. After that report was published, 5P lawyered up and threatened them into taking it down, and only then did they publish the report that they've had for 9 months which, while not quite as high as C9s results, does indicate a new world record for AP content.

But for realsies, listen to Russ' show for a complete annotated & referenced timeline.

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Yes, it was almost a year ago. Nine months ago. Look at the date on 5P's lab results. C9 requested the lab results, 5P declined, so they ordered their own report. After that report was published, 5P lawyered up and threatened them into taking it down, and only then did they publish the report that they've had for 9 months which while not quite as high as C9s results, does indicate a new world record for AP content.
I'm not talking about 5P's own testing. I am responding to Pings post claiming he saw 5p's liquids on C9 site one year ago implying something sinister in their motives for not testing until March of this year.

Reactions: Thundernoggin

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Yes, it was almost a year ago. Nine months ago. Look at the date on 5P's lab results. C9 requested the lab results, 5P declined, so they ordered their own report. After that report was published, 5P lawyered up and threatened them into taking it down, and only then did they publish the report that they've had for 9 months which, while not quite as high as C9s results, does indicate a new world record for AP content.

I think the 5P testing was done before this whole thing became an issue, which is why people are so ...... off.

5P knew about the DA/AP (from their own testing) and continued to tell customers that the liquid did not contain either chemical (various people have e-mails from 5P saying they are clean). Then C9 begins carrying their line earlier this year and apparently 5P was not willing to provide C9 with test results. C9 goes and gets it tested independently and posts them to the world. 5P responds by posting their own results (from 2014) which proves they knew this all along and were just sitting on the information hoping it would never come out.

Shady.

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
^^
Not to mention that to this day they have been answering consumer queries on AP content of their juices in the most obfuscating possible way. I called them myself a few hours ago pretending to be some random knownothing and was told the AP content was not present to a detectable degree. Okay maybe I fibbed there. I wasn't pretending.

I'm willing to go a step further and say its a dishonest disgrace and a complete betrayal of the trust they worked hard to cultivate amongst the customers they obviously do not respect.

Last edited:

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I'm willing to go a step further and say its a dishonest disgrace and a complete betrayal of the trust they worked hard to cultivate amongst the customers they obviously do not respect.

Yeah and people make a lot out of 5P's own results being lower. That's true. C9's results showed 2500ppm on one liquid, where 5P's showed about 900ppm. Either number is far too high. Even 5P's lower number is far more than is found in cigarette smoke.

I highly suggest anyone interested in the science behind DA/AP to watch Dr. Hobbs' presentation to the FDA.

I recommend the whole video, actually (lots of different scientists gave talks to the FDA on e-cigs). It is 4 hours long, though. But it gives you an idea of the stuff the FDA is hearing from scientists on the topic which will give us a good idea of where regulation is going.

EDIT: 2,3-Pentanedione is the technical name for AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread