Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Because a) you aren't getting more protection, it still only shuts down at the preset surge level. B) you are increasing resistance, which increases the needed amp draw on the second strip to power your device, so to power the second strip, the first one has to have more current then it was designed for, increasing internal heat...enough to melt internal components in worst case scenarios. Please trust me on this, it's not a good idea, that results in numerous fires every year.

Well. I wonder what to do, since most of the reason for doing that is so that I can reach the outlet -- power strips just don't have very long "cords". It would cost a bleeding fortune to have a new outlet put in the wall.

Andria

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I'm drawing a total blank on how ice cream can be mailed, and not melt... :blink:

Andria

They shipped it Fedex.....Ground. It took 2 days to get here to NY from Wisconsin. At first I was a bit concerned because the bottom of the cardboard box was wet, but inside the cardboard box is a styrofoam box (I now have at least a dozen of them....summer gifts over the years) and then the ice cream was tucked in there with a bag of dry ice. The ice cream was pretty solid. Dry ice is -109 degrees so even considering that the box isn't air tight and heat will transfer somewhat through the cardboard and the sytrofoam, the ice cream is still kept well below zero until all the dry ice disappears (the plastic bag still has a fairly large sized chunk in there....about the size of a salad plate).

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Well. I wonder what to do, since most of the reason for doing that is so that I can reach the outlet -- power strips just don't have very long "cords". It would cost a bleeding fortune to have a new outlet put in the wall.

Andria
They have power strips with extra long chords....
258484ff1d6981abd18c2bc01ef93c05.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That Tripp lite is carried at home depot for about $28, 25' chord
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Hmmm... that would certainly work, and it's got 8 instead of only 6 plugs, also a big plus. But then... what do I do with all that extra cord? 25' is really overkill; what I need is about 10ft.

Andria

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hmmm... that would certainly work, and it's got 8 instead of only 6 plugs, also a big plus. But then... what do I do with all that extra cord? 25' is really overkill; what I need is about 10ft.

Andria
They have 10' strips as well, I just liked this one better... You could move it around room to room w/o unplugging :p

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
GOOD!!! Hahahahahaha...I need something good and citrusy to perk me up!
Just got an email from Myfreedomsmokes. They dropped the price on a few of their starter bundles to $13, and yes they do have a purple one.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I tagged you in the rayon thread red... Any questions can be answered there. The op is the pioneer of using rayon as a wick :p
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
It's MAGIC!!!!! Soooooo much bett than cotton.....10000000000000000000 times better!!!

Reactions: USMCotaku

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
They have 10' strips as well, I just liked this one better... You could move it around room to room w/o unplugging :p

Yeah... not really practical with all the stuff I have plugged into my laptop -- keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, and the cablemodem. I just leave it parked here... like a mobile home. "Yeah, it's got wheels, but you have to disconnect everything." :lol:

That's why I want a tablet. :D But I'll look for an 8-plug strip with a 10' cable.

Andria

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Going to throw this out since there are a lot of people that view this thread. This is a petition from the Florida Smoke Free Association. I saw a post from them today that they are trying to resurrect and finish this petition. The petition has been up since April I believe, but only has a little under 6,000 signatures while they are trying to get 10,000. If you want more information, you can go to their Facebook page. (Not sure I'm allowed to link that here.) You don't have to live in Florida to sign it.

Florida is trying to impose an 85% tax on all nicotine based e-liquids. "This includes a 60% surcharge on the wholesale price and an additional 25% tax."

Florida Petition for Smoke-Free Vaping Rights - Smoke Free Defense

They also tried to pass a bill to label any "nicotine dispensing devices" as drug paraphenalia and would allow vapes to be confiscated. Thankfully that bill died in the Criminal Justice Subcommittee. :facepalm:

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA
Going to throw this out since there are a lot of people that view this thread. This is a petition from the Florida Smoke Free Association. I saw a post from them today that they are trying to resurrect and finish this petition. The petition has been up since April I believe, but only has a little under 6,000 signatures while they are trying to get 10,000. If you want more information, you can go to their Facebook page. (Not sure I'm allowed to link that here.) You don't have to live in Florida to sign it.

Florida is trying to impose an 85% tax on all nicotine based e-liquids. "This includes a 60% surcharge on the wholesale price and an additional 25% tax."

They also tried to pass a bill to label any "nicotine dispensing devices" as drug paraphenalia and would allow vapes to be confiscated. Thankfully that bill died in the Criminal Justice Subcommittee. :facepalm:

Sounds like Big Tobacco isn't too excited about losing customers. When I read about things like this it physically hurts. I figured being in Arkansas my state would be one of the first ones to regulate vaping since the government is so backwards and backwoods. I haven't heard anything yet. I truly feel sorry for folks that live where these crazy taxes and whatnot are getting dropped, it's insanity.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area

Signed

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
When I do go back I am going to explore every option to try to find grants and scholarships that I qualify for. Last I checked I have to pay almost all of it out of my pocket, but I am hoping that some other options open up when I go back.
I wish you luck :)
Thank you! And good luck to you as well. I know there are resources out there. I just need to sniff 'em out, lol. :)
Thanks for sharing the other side of that coin. I think there are many jobs that are like that. The people that want help get so frustrated that they needlessly take it out on the one trying to give them that help. Not in the techie area, but I have been on both sides of that coin. You know, when I just want my problem solved and expect too much of the one trying to help and being the helper trying to first calm the person I am trying to help. I used to work for a company and my job was to notify people to let them know that their disability was being denied. To make it even more challenging I am extremely hard of hearing and need TTY to use phone, so the person I was speaking with was already put out by my disability (that was always challenging). I hated that job but had to keep it for a while because it paid the bills. I always felt (or was made to feel) like I personally was denying their benefits. And then there were also those that would criticize me because there I was with a disability myself so many assumed since I worked on the other side that I was on disability (which I never have been) and that somehow made it unfair to them. The hard part was that most were so upset by that news that they were either just screaming at me or would hang up and I usually had pertinant information for them about the appeal process, but giving them that help was next to impossible. If I ever have to speak with a tech support person, I will remind myself of your side and try to remain calm and let them help me the best that they can. :)
Thanks for sharing the other side of that coin. I think there are many jobs that are like that. The people that want help get so frustrated that they needlessly take it out on the one trying to give them that help. Not in the techie area, but I have been on both sides of that coin. You know, when I just want my problem solved and expect too much of the one trying to help and being the helper trying to first calm the person I am trying to help. I used to work for a company and my job was to notify people to let them know that their disability was being denied. To make it even more challenging I am extremely hard of hearing and need TTY to use phone, so the person I was speaking with was already put out by my disability (that was always challenging). I hated that job but had to keep it for a while because it paid the bills. I always felt (or was made to feel) like I personally was denying their benefits. And then there were also those that would criticize me because there I was with a disability myself so many assumed since I worked on the other side that I was on disability (which I never have been) and that somehow made it unfair to them. The hard part was that most were so upset by that news that they were either just screaming at me or would hang up and I usually had pertinant information for them about the appeal process, but giving them that help was next to impossible. If I ever have to speak with a tech support person, I will remind myself of your side and try to remain calm and let them help me the best that they can. :)
I am usually very polite at the beginning of the call but there have been a couple of times I went all postal on a customer service rep. One time we lost cable on a Saturday evening and when I called Comcast about it the guy told me it was because I had not paid the bill. I explained that yes, I HAD paid it and I gave him the reference number from my bank transaction. He basically called me a liar and copped a major attitude with me, soooo, I ended the call by calling him a little twerp (felt kinda bad about that) and reported him to a supervisor on Monday morning. I told Comcast to listen to the call record. Probably got him fired (and I got a $15 credit on my bill and an apology) but I am very against bad customer service. I have always stayed away from those kinds of jobs, even though I get told all the time I would be great at it, because you have to be on your A game 100% of the time. I have major respect for people who can deal with the screaming masses without losing it at least once a day. I have had some of my best conversations with techs at Verizon and Comcast! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread