Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
This is your lung.
lung.jpg

This is your lung on the coroner's table after vaping olive oil.
lung on olive oil.jpg

Any questions?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Personally, I thought the topic title's choice of wording was sensational (in a bad way), then I read the illiterate FB post, then I sat scratching my head why this would even be posted--------- it's like posting from a supermarket tabloid about somebody who grew 2 heads after they ate factory farmed eggs or something. EVEN A VEGAN health nut type would pass over an article like that......at least, any with an IQ above 80. :)

I don't guess we are THAT desperate for topic matter here, are we? :lol:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
so i was on my facebook tonight, and a friend of mine shared this link:

Just returned from our neighbors memorial service. She died of suffocation, the oil from the vapor ciggaretts coated the folliculs in her lungs. The Dr's at Mayo could not remove the oil. She was only 67. Beware of vapor and E-ciggaretts.

it currently has over 1500 shares. my bs alarm is sounding hard, but not knowing the authour of it i didn't feel right msging her to get into particulars.

what do you guys think? more propaganda by the uneducated? or a legit case of e-cigs killing a person?
Since one of your friends shared this with you, could you follow that share chain back to someone who actually knows the original poster? It would be great if she could give us any more details, like the person's name. After all, if she is truly worried about people knowing the truth about the dangers of vaping, she would want us to have as much information as possible, right?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
It's all a hoax obviously.
Key phrases like "vaping oils" and "coating" with "oil" from vaping seems to target a specific agenda.

Just more nonsense to give negative publicity to vapers through the power of Facebook.

Turn it around and use the power of Facebook to ask the original poster for proof.
Put up or shut up.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
and I thought me Kerosene Lamp was just empty........:facepalm:

Seriously, Challenge anything you see like this. Demand a link to Proof, link to Coroners Report, Doctors report, anything that could possibly support such claim. Watch as it blows up in someones face.

Now, someone thinking they can take shortcuts and Vape some certian Cooking flavors........ well they actually say OIL for a reason.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Don't let this thing get out of hand guys. I happened to be around before the link was taken down and I did read the original post. The person in question is not a hoaxer and a poser for the ANTZ. Obviously I don't know her but she was just a very ordinary, late middle aged woman whose FB page was like many others of her kind. Like I said earlier I have many "friends" like her on FB. the kind who tells you if she slept good or bad, whether on the recliner or in bed, which part of her body is aching today and repeats everything she hears or mishears without asking questions. Don't blame her. Blame whoever told her or mistold her. And then who can tell? Maybe the person who died was in fact vaping stuff she had no business to vape, like DIY juice using kitchen flavours on the cheap. So perhaps yes, this thread is misnamed because we don't know what the lady really died of.

Reactions: Lessifer

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Funny that oil was the cause....or so it is said...But how about this bit of reality..Vicks Vapor Rub has been used in humidifiers for decades where the steam releases the essential oils, yes there it is...essential oils into the air. It is even suggested for those very congested to cover the head with a towel and inhale the steam to aid in decongestion...But lets have a real close look at the "essential oils" in Vicks...
  1. Surprisingly the active ingredients are all essential oils, even most of the inactive ingredients! Camphor comes from a plant, a large evergreen, known as Camphor Laurel, then you have Eucalyptus oil, and Menthol is also known as Peppermint, this is all put into a vaseline base.
And here is the kicker....Vaseline, which is a petroleum.....umm... Fossil Fuel.....No one has died yet from this therapy.
db002cb0.x50.gif

Reactions: KattMamma

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
first of all the person is barely literate and can't spell at the 3rd grade level. Sorry, just had to say that. :)

Second of all, "vapor cigs" don't have oil.

The only way she could have severely damaged her lungs is if she WAS vaping straight oils.....and I don't know anybody who would actually do that, unless they really had no idea what they were doing, never bought actual ejuice from a vendor, or was making some kind of weird oil concoction in their kitchen.
Yeah, if it's not BS, then I have to wonder if this lady was simply uninformed about vaping. She bought an e-cig someplace and when they tried to sell her e-juice she looked at it and thought... I've got a whole gallon of stuff that looks like that made by Crisco and the whole gallon only cost me $12.95, damn if I'm going to pay this shop $15.00 for that tiny bottle. I am on a pension and social security you know...

Then went home, filled up whatever e-cig she bought with Crisco and killed herself. OR... Maybe she bought a commercial cig look-a-like and it was faulty and was full of some nasty junk!?!

Charlice

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Maybe she inhaled some aromatherapy oils, those people in Florida do some crazy stuff.

Oh it's in Florida you say, well colour me shocked.

Surely if it was true it would be all over the news. Vape haters would be having a field day with it.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I find this thread to be pretty hilarious, and there are so many obvious tipoffs that this is complete BS, in my humble opinion of course.

Just returned from our neighbors memorial service. She died of suffocation, the oil from the vapor ciggaretts coated the folliculs in her lungs. The Dr's at Mayo could not remove the oil. She was only 67. Beware of vapor and E-ciggaretts.

That's a rather strange message for anybody to be posting to their Facebook page. Who is this person that just returned from their neighbor's memorial service? They apparently must be a highly qualified medical examiner or a state coroner, since they're listing very specific causes about their neighbor's death.:D

Did they examine their neighbor's body and conduct the autopsy themselves? When I die, if anybody is curious as to the specific causes of my death, just go and ask my neighbor, they'll know for sure, and they'll fill you in on all of the juicy details, and you might even get some expert medical advice from them, free of charge of course.:thumbs:

And who is this highly qualified medical professional that has the grammar of a 10 year old and the spelling of a child? Actually, many children can probably spell the word cigarettes correctly. And since when is there oil in e-liquid?

Anybody who is likely to fall for this story is the same kind of person that is likely to believe a story in the supermarket tabloids about some woman who claims to have been impregnated by green aliens.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I'm so tired of the fear mongering.

The first actual death by e cig will happen when some over aggressive ANTZ approaches the wrong vaper in person with some BS like that before their morning coffee and vape.
Brass box mods leave a mark.
Did they forget most of us are ex smokers trying to kick an addiction?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Don't let this thing get out of hand guys. I happened to be around before the link was taken down and I did read the original post. The person in question is not a hoaxer and a poser for the ANTZ. Obviously I don't know her but she was just a very ordinary, late middle aged woman whose FB page was like many others of her kind. Like I said earlier I have many "friends" like her on FB. the kind who tells you if she slept good or bad, whether on the recliner or in bed, which part of her body is aching today and repeats everything she hears or mishears without asking questions. Don't blame her. Blame whoever told her or mistold her. And then who can tell? Maybe the person who died was in fact vaping stuff she had no business to vape, like DIY juice using kitchen flavours on the cheap. So perhaps yes, this thread is misnamed because we don't know what the lady really died of.

As a middle aged female myself, I find this post mildly disturbing... :lol:

Since when is being female and middle aged an excuse? ;)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Oh it's in Florida you say, well colour me shocked.

Surely if it was true it would be all over the news. Vape haters would be having a field day with it.
Well, the original poster on FB is from Jacksonville, Florida, and supposedly this was her neighbor so I assume it happened in Florida. I personally think it was the work of "Florida Man"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread