Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Just happened to think about it, are you running really low wattage? My .2 build does well as low as 30 but any lower it's like it isn't getting hot enough and doesn't taste right. Don't get me wrong at 20 watts it will still produce Alot of vapor but it takes a long draw to get there. I think 40-45 is the best mine runs at, unless I want huge clouds and kill some juice then I crank it. :evil::rickroll:

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
It's now official:

The Zephyrus is the best RTA (I know it's technically a clearomizer but in the context I use it it's an RTA and that's how I think of it) on the market. After having it a week or so and getting my wicking right so it doesn't leak when i fill, and also replacing the o-ring on the airflow control so it's a bit tighter, I'm IN LOVE.

The airflow is absolutely insane, yet it doesn't mute the flavor like you'd assume all that airflow would. I didn't think I'd dig the top-fill when I first read about it, but I'm really liking being able to fill without having to remove it from the mod or separating the tank from it's base. The capacity is enough to get me through a day at work and it's just a BEAST -- not to mention the fact that it looks very sexy (got the heat sink on and a shorty POM red drip tip to match the red o-rings, gf has the same but with blue drip tip and o-rings). It also handles higher wattages without getting a burnt taste better than anything I have (Silverplay/Goblin/Subtank/Billow v2).

I've yet to try the prebuilt head but it's quite possible that this is the best clearomizer for prebuilt heads, too.

For $30 for an authentic? Pshh... If you're in this thread because you're debating whether or not to buy it -- If you like dual coil tanks and like lots of vapor just do yourself a favor and buy it already. Has a slight learning curve but the payoff is totally worth it!

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I currently have it on a mech mod. .2 ohms

It is odd you are getting a rubbery taste as there is only metal in this setup. Could it be something from your coil? Or do you have a vw device to try? Assuming minimal voltage loss on your mech your hitting around 85 watts. Maybe it's burning? I'm grasping at straws myself. If you figure anything out keep us in the loop in case we find something similar.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm using the pre built coils and mine leaks anytime I fill it. I do make sure the air holes are closed off. Also it leaks if I fill it past the top of coil. I think it's leaking from where the chimney threads into the coil.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Someone else mentioned something about leaking at the chimney, although I haven't seen this myself. Could be a defect maybe?? Or the chimney isnt seating completly, Unless someone else has seen this maybe contact where you purchased it and try to get it replaced. On mine I don't see any chimney threads, can you, or is it crooked? Just trying to help.

Ratpackid

Sep 17, 2014
Chicago
Someone else mentioned something about leaking at the chimney, although I haven't seen this myself. Could be a defect maybe?? Or the chimney isnt seating completly, Unless someone else has seen this maybe contact where you purchased it and try to get it replaced. On mine I don't see any chimney threads, can you, or is it crooked? Just trying to help.
I have checked and everything seems to thread in really smooth. I do not see any threads on the chimney when it is together. I am starting to notice this thing just leaks it doesn't matter if it is just sitting or after filling, or if it is filled to the top. Every time I take it off my mod there is juice on it. I am going to try a new coil and see what happens. I really like the tank and I can't wait for the nickel coils to come out, but I need the leaking to stop.

Ratpackid

Sep 17, 2014
Chicago
I have checked and everything seems to thread in really smooth. I do not see any threads on the chimney when it is together. I am starting to notice this thing just leaks it doesn't matter if it is just sitting or after filling, or if it is filled to the top. Every time I take it off my mod there is juice on it. I am going to try a new coil and see what happens. I really like the tank and I can't wait for the nickel coils to come out, but I need the leaking to stop.
UPDATE: It looks like I had a bad coil. I replaced the coil with a new one and the leaking seems to be gone. I still need to fill it up all the way and see what happens, but so far much better.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
I'm using the pre built coils and mine leaks anytime I fill it. I do make sure the air holes are closed off. Also it leaks if I fill it past the top of coil. I think it's leaking from where the chimney threads into the coil.

UPDATE: It looks like I had a bad coil. I replaced the coil with a new one and the leaking seems to be gone. I still need to fill it up all the way and see what happens, but so far much better.

I had noticed something similar with the stock coil I was using. It didn't leak enough to get out of the mod, but I would notice bubbles coming from where the chimney screws into the coil, instead of through the juice holes. Glad you got it figured out!

Right now I'm rocking a 2x 26g spaced titanium coil, coming in at .17 with some DIY Apple Pie 30/70 juice.

romz26

Jun 29, 2013
California
Alright guys, you wish you can get more airflow out of our already airy zephyrus? well you have come to the right place. I found tonight(a drunken mistake) that if you remove the afcr(air flow control ring), you can get airflow that will rival some drippers! Though this highly depends on your build. Enjoy :thumbs:

edit: sorry if this is a repost.

Reactions: sanctus_fumus

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Not Alot of posting lately, so I guess everyone has the bugs worked out? Tried a twisted coil today, hits well.
2015-06-24 20.43.48.jpg

noel18

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Parkton, MD USA
I'm enjoying a Ni200 build in mine very much.

This thing drinks juice like no other, though. It's a trade off for an excellent vape quality, though.

tehmidcap, can you tell me about your nickel build? I thought about trying a nickel build but didn't think there was enough space. What gauge are you using and how many wraps? What's the ohm reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread