Please help! Can I at least finish these last bottles high in Diacetyl and AP?,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
Hello all! I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am a 48-year-old. I smoked on and off for much of my life.
I discovered vaping last year. I have been so happy with it. Here is the dilemma. In a nutshell, my 3 all day vapes are Queenside, Strawnilla, and Looper. These have been it for about 7 months.
I vape maybe 2 ml a day. Used to be about 1 ml.
Well after this five pawns scare, I am absolutely flipping.
Queenside and the strawnilla are loaded with ap. I would imagine so is Looper.
I have become
more aware now, and I'm going to move to ap and Diactycl free e juices. I see a terrific list is developing here in the forum, with vendors that post their test results.
Simple question. Can I at least finish these three bottles that I have of each of these beloved flavors?..or toss them.
I mean.. I smoked for years. Finishing up these flavors I love for the last time 'in the scheme of things' would be ok.. no?.

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Hello all! I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am a 48-year-old. I smoked on and off for much of my life.
I discovered vaping last year. I have been so happy with it. Here is the dilemma. In a nutshell, my 3 all day vapes are Queenside, Strawnilla, and Looper. These have been it for about 7 months.
I have become
more aware now, and I'm going to move to ap and Diactycl free e juices. I see a terrific list is developing here in the forum, with vendors that post their test results.
Simple question. Can I at least finish these three bottles that I have of each of these beloved flavors?..or toss them.
I mean.. I smoked for years. Finishing up these flavors I love for the last time 'in the scheme of things' would be ok.. no?.

Incoming ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: skoony

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
:(:(:(:(
Would you accept "probably" as an answer? Now, some people order the stuff by the one liter bottle. If that's your situation, I might have to say "maybe not". It's still controversial enough that I wouldn't flush the entire stash. For myself, I wouldn't order more.

Yes. That would be a fair answer.thx nermal

Ugh. So upset about this

Reactions: Sirius

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
What you already have vaped with AP probably hasn't done much if any damage,..but I wouldn't want you or anyone to wake up at 4am with an elephant sitting on your chest as I did at 45 years of age. Yep,..heart attacks are NO fun..Ya feel like a fish out of water.

I have culled all my eliquids and bookmarked only those suppliers that's juices are Diacetyl and AP free. There's a list on the Gourmet Ejuice thread that the girls are working on now. I would suggest you hop on over there to take a look. ;)

Best gourmet ejuice vendors #2 - The journey continues! | Page 442 | E-Cigarette Forum

*top of page @chanelvaps

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
Thx Sirius!..
This helps a lot. Just going to have to adjust. Will go though these vendors and see if I can come up with some new flavors that work

What you already have vaped with AP probably hasn't done much if any damage,..but I wouldn't want you or anyone to wake up at 4am with an elephant sitting on your chest as I did at 45 years of age. Yep,..heart attacks are NO fun..Ya feel like a fish out of water.

I have culled all my eliquids and bookmarked only those suppliers that's juices are Diacetyl and AP free. There's a list on the Gourmet Ejuice thread that the girls are working on now. I would suggest you hop on over there to take a look. ;)

Best gourmet ejuice vendors #2 - The journey continues! | Page 442 | E-Cigarette Forum

*top of page @chanelvaps

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Thx Sirius!..
This helps a lot. Just going to have to adjust. Will go though these vendors and see if I can come up with some new flavors that work
Mind you..some of these suppliers have yet to post their testing...This is from Ahlusion..We are expecting all to post soon from that list:

Flavorings: Certified Organic, Natural, and/or Artificial. All flavorings, whether created by Ahlusion or not are routinely tested and certified by an outside laboratory for chemical analysis. All flavorings used by Ahlusion are FDA approved, although not specifically for inhalation; however, through testing we are able to prevent commonly known harmful components (such as Diacetyl) from entering our production stream (See "Testing and Results" below).
This has always been an important aspect for Ahlusion LLC, it has also been the most costly factor in our e-liquids production cycle. As new data becomes available from various sources, composition testing and methods are constantly adjusted. Also, to satisfy consumer and authority demands for product safety*, we will be posting individual reports and certifications to back up claims made by Ahlusion LLC (for instance to be DA/AP free or within acceptable levels **).

Reactions: EleanorR

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
This issue is complicated really..Some suppliers are hesitant to say,.."Well,..we tested our eliquids and they were AP free". Then someone else does a test and a flavor comes back with trace amounts of AP. They buy those flavors by the gallon,..so you can see where I'm going with this right?!?

You could just email them and ask what flavors they use..Some say TFA is about the safest.

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. Finish up what you've got, then make an effort to avoid the "bad stuff" in the future.

While you're finishing off those bottles, be on the search for your new ADV. The absolute worst thing you can do is go back to the cancer sticks to get your nic fix.

"Everything in moderation" :)

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. Finish up what you've got, then make an effort to avoid the "bad stuff" in the future.

While you're finishing off those bottles, be on the search for your new ADV. The absolute worst thing you can do is go back to the cancer sticks to get your nic fix.

"Everything in moderation" :)

Thx
Alex.

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
image.jpg image.jpg Quick question.. image.jpg
Am I reading these numbers right?? Is Strawnilla actually worse than Queenside?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have become

Well this may surprise you coming from someone who will not vape AP, but I also believe dose makes the poison as well as everything has a cumulative effect.

If you are heart set on not wasting them, then you can vape very small amounts (I'd guess no more than 1ml per day) OR you can dilute them down to where the flavor is still enough for you to enjoy them. Maybe mix that 1ml a day with soe other juice w/no AP?

I understand you are talking about short term situation.

and, by the way, I believe Five Pawns WILL reformulate many of those, and then you can continue to buy them later on, they may taste a bit different becuase that "mouth feel" that AP has.......that put everyone into the custard addictions......THAT is what diacetyl does, and now AP, since diacetyl was replaced w/AP in many flavorings.

OR, get verified in classies, sell or swap them on PIF, and get something you might like instead?

Reactions: Sirius

Sergiu1967

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Portland
Well this may surprise you coming from someone who will not vape AP, but I also believe dose makes the poison as well as everything has a cumulative effect.

If you are heart set on not wasting them, then you can vape very small amounts (I'd guess no more than 1ml per day) OR you can dilute them down to where the flavor is still enough for you to enjoy them. Maybe mix that 1ml a day with soe other juice w/no AP?

I understand you are talking about short term situation.

and, by the way, I believe Five Pawns WILL reformulate many of those, and then you can continue to buy them later on, they may taste a bit different becuase that "mouth feel" that AP has.......that put everyone into the custard addictions......THAT is what diacetyl does, and now AP, since diacetyl was replaced w/AP in many flavorings.

OR, get verified in classies, sell or swap them on PIF, and get something you might like instead?
Good advice Racehorse. As far as five pawns, I will finish and enjoy my last queenside… But I will never buy them again. I don't care if they reformulate them so they are as healthy as spinach.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I smoked for years. Finishing up these flavors I love for the last time 'in the scheme of things' would be ok.. no?.
I think you answered your own question, so I ask you, which direction are you most comfortable with?....Now if I were in your place, I would weigh cost versus benefit. How much money is going to be tossed versus my chance of taking ill somewhere down the road and can I live with that decision. Best of luck to you!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
This is from Ahlusion..We are expecting all to post soon from that list

Ahlusions will no doubt come out clean and or valid results.....those people have some serious equipment over there. ;)

We are talking full scale laboratory.

They even made flavorings for the food industry I believe at one time and still make some of their own flavorings I believe?

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Ahlusions will no doubt come out clean and or valid results.....those people have some serious equipment over there. ;)

They even made flavorings for the food industry I believe at one time and still make some of their own flavorings I believe?
Yes,..Wlad Foo even makes flavors for other suppliers of eliquid..That is why the girls on the gourmet thread added them to the list.

I believe MOV and a few others on the list have posted results?!? Not sure..Will have to ask one of the Juice Junkies about that one. ;)

Reactions: EleanorR

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
.......I have culled all my eliquids and bookmarked only those suppliers that's juices are Diacetyl and AP free. There's a list on the Gourmet Ejuice thread that the girls are working on now. I would suggest you hop on over there to take a look. ;)

Can I add this one, we've been working on it and posting to it since January 2015, keeping track of vendors:

Diketones-free vendors | E-Cigarette Forum

What we need is to get all this information into a spreadsheet and make it a little easier to read.

Yep. Wlad is not screwing around.
Ahlusion LLC - Are all your concentrates produced in-house?

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Reactions: Racehorse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread