Status
Not open for further replies.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Is it supposed to apply to online out of state purchases as well? If so, idk how they would plan to enforce it. Most of these things are so poorly thought out, it's insane. If you have a $400M dollar shortfall, why not raise the sales tax by a penny instead of trying to rely on an overtaxed minority?
Oh they raised the sales tax too. I have yet to ascertain if the tax is including online out of state sales. From what i read of the bill, it actually reads the tax is applied to the "distributor" which is defined as the retailer, wholesaler and manufacturers of Electronic cigarettes, whole or in part i.e. tanks, coils etc. This I can assure will be passed on to the customer ofc.

But in no part of the dozen+ pages does it mention online or out of state sales, in fact the wording is clear in many of the amendments "sales in the state" so from what I can understand, that in itself is a loop hole. I would love to argue that I paid for my stuff in Indiana, based on the writing, they would lose that argument. And if they said I paid for it with money made in Kansas, I could argue, my money is federally backed not state issued by Kansas..and I made my money in Mexico.....:lol:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Single flavor DIY is easy.
HA....I had a shot glass that was 2 ounces and did not know it, so I was making my drinks thinking I only had 1 ounce.
b5da3609.x50.gif

genelbc

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2015
columbia sc
HA....I had a shot glass that was 2 ounces and did not know it, so I was making my drinks thinking I only had 1 ounce. View attachment 468342

I wish my go to place for drinks would make that mistake

Otoh, i would definitely drive 30 minutes to save a dollar on every 10 i spend.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
OK well I am really ticked off...Kansas passed the E cig and tobacco tax bill. Starting today the tax per pack rose 50 cents. The E cig tax which goes into effect this time next year will cost 20 cents per milliliter....whether it has nicotine in it or not. It was said point blank the tax is to help the 400 million dollar shortfall. Projected to raise 2 million in the first year.....wow a drop in the bucket compared to 400 M, yet the state will spend 1.12 Billion on smoking related healthcare next year.....Well add another few million to that from E cig users who go back to tobacco use!:facepalm:

Louisiana's $.50 per pack and $.05 per ml tax went into effect today. The tax wont effect me for I dont smoke now and I seldom buy commercial juice any more but it does tick me off. The reasoning for the tax was to help finance higher education and health care. Since when is it the responsibilities of the smokers and vapors to pay for higher education?

Guess I need to order a couple more liters of 100mg nicotine for the freezer before they go after the DIY'ers for taxes.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Louisiana's $.50 per pack and $.05 per ml tax went into effect today. The tax wont effect me for I dont smoke now and I seldom buy commercial juice any more but it does tick me off. The reasoning for the tax was to help finance higher education and health care. Since when is it the responsibilities of the smokers and vapors to pay for higher education?

Guess I need to order a couple more liters of 100mg nicotine for the freezer before they go after the DIY'ers for taxes.
The druggies should pay for higher education?

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas

1.29 per pack here tax.....I am going straight to the top, cash in a number of stocks and buy a company that produces Nic base, move it to a Indian reservation where I can be tax exempt. These politicians have no clue who they are dealing with!
0be6c895.x120.gif

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
The druggies should pay for higher education?

Money for higher education irks me to no ends also. LSU has some of the highest paid staff in the nation and is ran as a "good ol boy" organization. They are constantly spending tens of millions on construction yet the slightest peep of cutting revenue to them and major doom and gloom was predicted. Its was pure drama and BS.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
1.29 per pack here tax.....I am going straight to the top, cash in a number of stocks and buy a company that produces Nic base, move it to a Indian reservation where I can be tax exempt. These politicians have no clue who they are dealing with! View attachment 468366

If you do I want to be your first customer. With your admitted track record, I can order a liter of nic from you and will be sent two liters :thumbs:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Just had a corporate decision and operational emergency meeting....We will place a 25.00 surcharge on all smarta$$ clientele!

Well if you stay competitive then that will be around $50 a liter. I pay you the $50, and the $25 smarta$$ surcharge and I receive two liters....So in other words two liters for $75........ok :lol:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I felt that way as well, till I won the supplies.... Turns out it is surprisingly easy :p
Hummm...so you have to win some goodies to grasp DIY...Funny thing is after the major giveaway I won 172.00 package from a supplier and I still lack the talent....Maybe I need to get myself a gold star for my lapel, that should change my opinion of my skilz!:D

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I felt that way as well, till I won the supplies.... Turns out it is surprisingly easy :p

I been doing DIY since last October and it is very very easy and saves a ton on $$$. 30ml runs me less than $1. A lot of very knowledgeable people in the DIY section that are more than happy to help people get started.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Hummm...so you have to win some goodies to grasp DIY...Funny thing is after the major giveaway I won 172.00 package from a supplier and I still lack the talent....Maybe I need to get myself a gold star for my lapel, that should change my opinion of my skilz!:D

What all did you try to make and how did you mix it?

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Well if you stay competitive then that will be around $50 a liter. I pay you the $50, and the $25 smarta$$ surcharge and I receive two liters....So in other words two liters for $75........ok :lol:
Come on, you are toying with a Ph.D in Psychology here, you reaaaaaly want to go this route?!
bb1cad4c.x50.gif
But OK I will do that deal, I will send the shipping cost once it leaves Monaco.;)

Reactions: chopdoc

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
What all did you try to make and how did you mix it?
I have not attempted. I am still trying to grasp all the percentages and the procedure in general. Look at it this way I had to phone home 500 miles away to ask how to bake a potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread