Ordered batteries from FastTech. Was this a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Should arrive fine. Note, be prepared to wait a few extra weeks or so once it hits Canada --- customs seems to be paying extra attention to foreign shipments. All of my recent orders are getting unusually long "sent for further processing" treatment -- in the past it has generally been a day or less, most recently: 2.5 weeks.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Should arrive fine. Note, be prepared to wait a few extra weeks or so once it hits Canada --- customs seems to be paying extra attention to foreign shipments. All of my recent orders are getting unusually long "sent for further processing" treatment -- in the past it has generally been a day or less, most recently: 2.5 weeks.

So is it ok to have batteries shipped from overseas? I suppose I'll receive everything, but I didn't realize it could possibly take a lot longer. Hmm... That's ok. I would need everything together anyway. Not that big of a deal.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I have ordered Samsung 25R from fast tech.
Im thinking depending on your country there is a reduced choice of shipping carriers.
I go for an updated shipping option if available.
One order didn't arrive but they gave me store credit albeit after waiting two months.
Next order I got in 11 days.

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
So is it ok to have batteries shipped from overseas? I suppose I'll receive everything, but I didn't realize it could possibly take a lot longer. Hmm... That's ok. I would need everything together anyway. Not that big of a deal.
Basically all of our lithium ion batteries come from overseas, right?

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I've ordered numerous batteries from FT, A lot of the time I'll add them to my order just to take advantage of the FREE USPS Expedited for battery product shipping that is offered, 12 days from date of order to delivery at my door(East coast, USA). Have ordered Samsung 25R, Sony VTC4 and 5, LG HE2 all from FT and all were legitimate product with no defects and no incidents with use, about two dozen batteries in total with not a single one standing out as having anything wrong with it. You have to be careful what you order from FT, but an informed purchase can be a very good deal if you know what to look for and the signs of what to avoid.

Reactions: ramrod

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
Tell me if I am wrong, but I found several blogs stating that Starre and Aspire both are fighting Fasttech for selling fakes of their products and there are a bunch. Probably 100% of our batteries come from China yet I only buy from illumn.com. I let them figure it out and I their trust "authenticity' and dont even have to thing about it. Samsung 25r for $5, I ordered 6 and had them within 72 hours if I recall.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
sailor, not trying to be a jerk, but it would probably be helpful if you searched for things ahead of time. This answer, for example, could have easily been found in the fastech forum (or one of the other numerous ft threads). In your month here on the site, you've started about 30 threads. Nothing wrong with starting a thread occasionally, but most of your questions have already been answered and the more duplicate threads on the site, the harder it is go navigate. Just food for thought.

Reactions: ramrod

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Tell me if I am wrong, but I found several blogs stating that Starre and Aspire both are fighting Fasttech for selling fakes of their products and there are a bunch. Probably 100% of our batteries come from China yet I only buy from illumn.com. I let them figure it out and I their trust "authenticity' and dont even have to thing about it. Samsung 25r for $5, I ordered 6 and had them within 72 hours if I recall.

Innokin did that a few years back. Basically Fasttech wasn't an authorized dealer of Innokin even though the products were from Innokin. Innokin had a MSRP that all authorized sellers must use. Fasttech didn't use that price, so they were unauthorized to sell. Probably some middle salesman with extra inventory that unloaded it cheap to Fasttech.

You should be fine with your order. The postal service on the other hand is a bit screwy. Considering for the US 512 million pieces are processed each day or 21.3 million per hour, there are bound to be some glitches.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
My batteries from Fasttech have to go via Sweden (and then I think the lovely, blond Swedish postman walks down the continent to deliver them to me on foot! :) ) but they still take 3 weeks tops. When I order batteries from the UK though they take a jet like all the other stuff I order and I get them within a week. I never quite understood why it is only Sweden that handles batteries from China, or at least from Fasstech. Does anyone know?

BTW - this only seems to apply to loose, interchangeable batteries. The regulated mods (with internal battery) I bought on Fasttech all came the normal route and in normal time (in my case 10 to 15 days).

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
My batteries from Fasttech have to go via Sweden (and then I think the lovely, blond Swedish postman walks down the continent to deliver them to me on foot! :) ) but they still take 3 weeks tops. When I order batteries from the UK though they take a jet like all the other stuff I order and I get them within a week. I never quite understood why it is only Sweden that handles batteries from China, or at least from Fasstech. Does anyone know?

BTW - this only seems to apply to loose, interchangeable batteries. The regulated mods (with internal battery) I bought on Fasttech all came the normal route and in normal time (in my case 10 to 15 days).

I did choose the shipping from Sweden because it was faster. We'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread