Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Just ordered the clone, will report back when it arrives, I'm not buying it as a comparison to a real Reo, I'm buying it as a tester to see if the theory and practice of bottom fed mods works for me, I know this won't come close to an authentic but if it lets me sample squonking it's a step on my way to an authentic hammer tone grand

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
I doubt it's going to come anywhere near an authentic and I won't be able to compare it to one either but hell if it holds together long enough for me to get a taste of using a bf device then it's done its job but I will post an honest review

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
I doubt it's going to come anywhere near an authentic...
Possibly not, but something many people fail to do is set appropriate expectations. I have one on the way, and expect it to be similar to a $25 Smokeless Owl, which, by the way, is a pretty fantastic $25 bottom feeder. It's worked flawlessly for me, and my only complaint has to do with the ergonomics of it. I have large hands and am trying to find the perfect way to hold it.
I have owned e46 coupes and upwards, where do you get ur info from?
I have no idea about Mercs, but Beemers are the nuts.
Ahem... Bimmers. Simply anecdotal, but took the hit and turned in early a 2010 5-Series because I hated it so much. The only reliability problem was headlights that burned out too frequently (twice in about 18 months) and a nav system that was probably programmed by a 10-year old who doesn't understand driving.

Reactions: Cowboy192

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Well I didnt order this clone, but I did order the Smokless Owl. Same reasons, I wanted to try Bottom feeding with out dropping the coin on a REO. Been playing with it for a week now. I have realized that I really enjoy squonking. So it served its purpose fantastically. With this REO clone I wouldnt expect build quality like the original, but seriously it is a battery, bottle and a 510... How much different can it be. to find out if you like squonking I think it would be well worth it.

Reactions: Cowboy192

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well I didnt order this clone, but I did order the Smokless Owl. Same reasons, I wanted to try Bottom feeding with out dropping the coin on a REO. Been playing with it for a week now. I have realized that I really enjoy squonking. So it served its purpose fantastically. With this REO clone I wouldnt expect build quality like the original, but seriously it is a battery, bottle and a 510... How much different can it be. to find out if you like squonking I think it would be well worth it.

I think you have potentially answered your own question. The build quality could be garbage, rendering a mechanically simple device unsatisfying to use at best or unusable at worst. Of course, no one knows yet since the clones haven't reached consumers. It may be awesome, it may not. Something as simple as crappy 510 threading could doom the device to the trash bin. It's not a big risk at the price point though.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
The build quality could be garbage, rendering a mechanically simple device unsatisfying to use at best or unusable at worst. Of course, no one knows yet since the clones haven't reached consumers. It may be awesome, it may not. Something as simple as crappy 510 threading could doom the device to the trash bin. It's not a big risk at the price point though.

Totally agree. You only need to experience the Kui to understand how such a simple device can be turned into complete garbage with just a few poor implementations: the firing tab, the spring, the casing with the Kui. The fact that this Reo clone has been on pre-order for several weeks longer than the original delivery date doesn't bode well.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
As I and others have said I think this clone will be a good indicator whether squonking is for us. Even if this clone has serious flaws I won't hold that against the Reo Grand, its quality and reputation is legendary. I have never bought anything on presale before, and only a few times anything that has not already been reviewed. I hope I haven't jinxed us ;)

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
As I and others have said I think this clone will be a good indicator whether squonking is for us. Even if this clone has serious flaws I won't hold that against the Reo Grand, its quality and reputation is legendary. I have never bought anything on presale before, and only a few times anything that has not already been reviewed. I hope I haven't jinxed us ;)
don't be silly! squonking is for everyone! :)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The build quality could be garbage, rendering a mechanically simple device unsatisfying to use at best or unusable at worst. Of course, no one knows yet since the clones haven't reached consumers.

Following a thread on another forum provided the information that it's no longer listed as a pre-order and supposedly should be shipping.

The description changed and now says, "Minimum supporting resistance: 0.5 ohm (Please use the atomizer with resistance higher than 0.5 ohm. Because the spring is with high resistance, it will be burnt easily if the atomizer resistance lower than 0.5 ohm; and the coil will be very hot and make the drip tip too hot.)"

That doesn't sound too encouraging about the spring... I *do* suppose that most folks aren't below .5 ohms, but along with that I'm also going to suppose there's going to be substantial vdrop which doesn't bode well for performance.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
well i am not too sure which china BF mod you ae referring to atm ??

Manufactured by Waidea and currently for sale by 3fvape. --> And yeah. It was my fault the kui got brought in to this thread when I mistakenly thought inswva was talking about the Waidea in another thread. This thread isn't about the kui and I'm to blame for mucking it up.

Treywingo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
The Swamp, Florida
I have found that I love squonking, I love my Goblin, but now I just can't look at it the same. Purchases like this REO clone or the Smokeless Owl really give budget minded vapers the opportunity to try bf'ing without having to make an expensive commitment. I will definitely be purchasing an authentic REO in the not to distant future.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
On a side note anyone watched the preview vid on the website page? Either they mirrored the video or everything on the mod has a left hand thread lol

Cowboy,
it was just mirrored.... And the music sucked.
Did you order an atty yet?
You will be salty if the clone arrives and you don't ave anything to stick on it.

Cheers
I

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Cowboy,
it was just mirrored.... And the music sucked.
Did you order an atty yet?
You will be salty if the clone arrives and you don't ave anything to stick on it.

Cheers
I

I ordered the chalice v3 to go with it for now, half tempted to mod my plume veil or magma to be bottom fed too, but I'm happy to try the chalice with it for now, I'll get an rm2 when I get an authentic if I like how this one works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread