Steeping gone wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Slow and steady. I don't really need lots of steep for most juice. I just load up and keep it sealed in my drawer. I chose the few juices I want next and open them, leave then uncapped for a night, shake them a few times a day, maybe leave them open another night. I usually go by smell also. If something smells really strong, I'll air it out a lot more than just one night. I may not do it right idk, but that's how I do it and it tastes delicious!

That's what I should've done... Regretting my mistake big time. It'll be ok though. 2 juice orders coming soon, one order of 3 30ml, and another of 3 100ml and 2 30ml. Should be set for a little while with that.

And I will not tinker with those juices, not the way I just did yesterday with all my other ones. That's the thing, I tinker around with things that are fine... Most of the time it doesn't go well. I need to stop doing that. Lol ain't broke, don't fix it, so to speak.

Reactions: Sunray

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I cannot read the Ftech word with thinking Slow boat from China.

They have to be sailing it backassards.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl-Shunt it be SloooTech

The really sad thing? FT shipped my order the very next day -- AND IT STILL TOOK 43 DAYS TO ARRIVE! (apparently, increasing distance increases the number of idiots EXPONENTIALLY!)

Andria

Reactions: AllElseFailed

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
That's what I should've done... Regretting my mistake big time. It'll be ok though. 2 juice orders coming soon, one order of 3 30ml, and another of 3 100ml and 2 30ml. Should be set for a little while with that.
Well you're all set then! Who knows, maybe the flavor will come back a bit on the others. Just prepare for the worse and hope for the best lol.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Well you're all set then! Who knows, maybe the flavor will come back a bit on the others. Just prepare for the worse and hope for the best lol.

So far some flavour came back, but it's gross. They taste horrible. It's ok. If I have to trash them, it's just a hard lesson learned. Definitely prepared for the worst. Lol

jdawg111

Jun 13, 2015
Heat causes the ingredients to separate. mainly the vg and pg. vg is heavier and will not be mixed thoroughly as it was before. And sense the vg is thicker it could be sitting at the bottom of the bottle. Also pg would be at the top and the pg is what holds the flavor better than vg. This is just a theory j put together with the bits and pieces I know about juice making/steeping. Id give them a real good shake considering if you are using a dripper bottle you are pulling juice from the bottom where a higher concentration of vg has settled. That's my guess.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Heat causes the ingredients to separate. mainly the vg and pg. vg is heavier and will not be mixed thoroughly as it was before. And sense the vg is thicker it could be sitting at the bottom of the bottle. Also pg would be at the top and the pg is what holds the flavor better than vg. This is just a theory j put together with the bits and pieces I know about juice making/steeping. Id give them a real good shake considering if you are using a dripper bottle you are pulling juice from the bottom where a higher concentration of vg has settled. That's my guess.

I had already set a timer and shook them for 2 minutes. It didn't help, unfortunately.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Honestly, unless you got the liquid near boiling, it seems very surprising that you'd "ruin" juice from just a warm water bath. You may want to contact the vendor and ask about replacement or partial replacement - there HAVE been instances of a juice maker simply messing up a batch of liquid. I know of a case or two where it seemed like they simply LEFT THE FLAVORING OUT...

They may just chalk it up to a possible error and send you a free bottle...

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
The really sad thing? FT shipped my order the very next day -- AND IT STILL TOOK 43 DAYS TO ARRIVE! (apparently, increasing distance increases the number of idiots EXPONENTIALLY!)

Andria

I almost kinda like this in a way, most of my orders takes atleast 1 month to arrive here.
By the time i get my FT mails i've almost forgotten entirely about that order/s. So it's like a "surprice!" moment when you actually get it. :p
And i order everything in smaller batches of 25-30$ each package so you don't realy know what's in this specific package that just happened to reach you way to late. :p

I just let FT orders takes it time, no need to stress about it. :) If i need something fast i'll order it locally online instead, for a 1-2 day wait. :)

Reactions: AndriaD

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Honestly, unless you got the liquid near boiling, it seems very surprising that you'd "ruin" juice from just a warm water bath. You may want to contact the vendor and ask about replacement or partial replacement - there HAVE been instances of a juice maker simply messing up a batch of liquid. I know of a case or two where it seemed like they simply LEFT THE FLAVORING OUT...

They may just chalk it up to a possible error and send you a free bottle...

The juice was great before I did this, which makes me feel regretful. Immediately after doing it - no flavour. Next morning - some flavour, but horrible. Today, same (some flavour but it really is horrible.) I used hot tap water. It was definitely hot, not warm.

I contacted the vendor the night it happened and there is nothing they can do for me, unfortunately. But I was honest about what I did so that gave them the idea that it was my error.

I won't do that again, not even in warm water.

Reactions: OcalaFlGuy

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The juice was great before I did this, which makes me feel regretful. Immediately after doing it - no flavour. Next morning - some flavour, but horrible. Today, same (some flavour but it really is horrible.) I used hot tap water. It was definitely hot, not warm.

I contacted the vendor the night it happened and there is nothing they can do for me, unfortunately. But I was honest about what I did so that gave them the idea that it was my error.

This absolutely BEGS the question... if it was great before you steeped it... why'd you steep it? "Not broke... don't fix" ring any bells?

"This car runs great... so I thought I'd see how it would run if I took one of the wheels off." :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Andria

Last edited:

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
This absolutely BEGS the question... if it was great before you steeped it... why'd you steep it? "Not broke... don't fix" ring any bells?

"This car runs great... so I thought I'd see how it would run if I took one of the wheels off." :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Andria

I wanted to try out that particular steeping method. It would've been smarter if I tried it on just one juice that I didn't much care for. Got over ambitious, did them all.

And yes, earlier in this thread I actually said the words "if it's not broke, don't fix it..." next time I won't be tinkering around with things that don't need "fixing" and that goes with anything I use. :|

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl

Honestly, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think I'm even going to warm any up anymore. At least until I start DIY then I'll have to reinvestigate.

I already shake mine daily into the next galaxy, so there's probably not much gained by that first and one time heating/viscosity change.

I can see flavoring easily being heat sensitive. Why tempt the vape God's.

Time, is basically foolproof. [1]

Bruce in Ocala, Fl-[1] Never ever forget, NOTHING is foolproof to the sufficiently persistent fool

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Update - Tasting Vader Puddin... Gave it yet another good shake. It's supposed to taste like vanilla custard pudding. It tastes like vanilla now. Not tasting the way it used to, but at least now it's sort of vapeable. The gross taste has seemed to partly dissipate, I don't really notice it so much now. It seems like (some, a part) of the original flavour is coming back. This is giving me some hope.

Tasting Pink Flamingo - It's supposed to be a peach, strawberry, and coconut flavour. I taste a lot of coconut, not a whole lot else. Still, an improvement.

Going to allow those two (and all the other) juices to sit, I'll check them again in a couple days. I hope they continue to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread