Official Squape R[eloaded] thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
I've tried many different types of juices still the same thing happens.

ive tried this method too. It just gurgles and floods the wick and thus lots of juice drips out when vaping on it continuously as in my go to mod. or it just leaks. I know this because sometimes when i leave in the morning and its looking pretty on my night stand its fine, when i come its chilling in its own pool of glory.
So it leaks whether you are vaping or leaving it sit? If it's only when it sits for awhile, turn your tank upside down. This will keep it from wicking when you're not using it anyway.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just got my Squape RS with the B deck. Cleaned it, built it, wicked and WOW. top top flavor up there with the Erlkonigin in my opinion, might even be SLIGHTLY better but could be biased since it's a new atty.

In terms of wicking I just wicked it normally fluffed the ends gently pushed it down and made sure it was against the walls covering the holes, so far wicking perfectly!

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
So it leaks whether you are vaping or leaving it sit? If it's only when it sits for awhile, turn your tank upside down. This will keep it from wicking when you're not using it anyway.

When i vape it 50% of the time it gurgles and floods. When i leave it on the side sometimes it just leaks it self.
I'm going to have to turn it upside down when not using it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Reactions: chrisz

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
When i vape it 50% of the time it gurgles and floods. When i leave it on the side sometimes it just leaks it self.

Does changing the airflow help? Could you be pulling more juice in than your coil can handle?

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus
In general are you enjoying the B deck more than the W? I might get the W down the road (I just received my Squape today with the B deck, waiting for me at home).

Yeah never looked back, I did spend more time optimizing the B but was straight away getting better results so just stuck with it. Just find that it wicks better and can keep up at higher power, the W I think I was struggling to crack 20W without hitting TP. On the W my coils never fit down in the hole so was kind of limited with coil height, with the B there's more room to tune with positioning, I've found the difference between going right down to the air hole or raised quite high to be substantial.

Reactions: showman

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus

A few of us got it to do this but it was due to having the cotton stuffed above the air hole, once we kept it below the problem was gone.. What kind of cotton you using? Do you have pics of your build?

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus
See pics I think 2 pg back.. The cotton looks kinda funny to me.. Not fluffed up enough?
Ah yeah I see em... That looks OK to me, one difference I notice vs my build is with that kind of coil those big cotton tails out of it look like they sit right up around and slightly over the airhole. For lack of a better idea I would suggest trying to build a longer coil to keep the tails clear of the air hole and see what happens. On mine, the coil extends well clear of the air hole and the tails come out and basically run down against the side wall of the deck

Could possibly fluff more, but the fluffing I've found increases juice flow potential

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
In general are you enjoying the B deck more than the W? I might get the W down the road (I just received my Squape today with the B deck, waiting for me at home).

I like the B deck better on both my SQR and my SQump, It gives a cooler, more open, and flavorful vape, plus my coils can go ages between wickings which I think is fantastic.

The W deck on the SQump has been a bit of a surprise. The shortened bell cap allows the deck to wick amazingly well, much better than with the SQR ... no dry hits here. Also, I feel I get a better nic' hit out of this set up than with the B deck, but clouds are softer and flavor is juicier out of the B deck.

Building the B deck was certainly trickier than the W deck, but that isn't saying much since the W deck can be coiled with your eyes closed - the B deck is still a breeze. Personally, I'm planning on getting another B deck so I can retire the W.

Does putting the coil closer in the cup increase throat hit etc?
Also what do you mean the way i bring the wick down? I have to bend it to get it to cover the 4 juice slots....

Junny - I generally don't like TH so I bringing the coil down most likely reduces it, which I believe is consistent with most RBAs, that is the farther the coil is from the air source the greater the TH.

Also, I agree with the suggestions for a longer coil. I've been using a 12wrap 26ga Kanthal 7/64''ID 1.49ohms at 20W and it's delicious.

Last edited:

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
19339299882_0364da9523_z.jpg

Still love using my SquapeR for particular juices, and I think suits this set-up quite well. :)
Not sure what to tell those that have leaking issues with the B deck, guess I've been lucky and had little issue with it!
3mm 4 wrap spaced 24g Ti, ends up around 0.15 on the XvoStick (my rDNA reads slightly higher, my TT lower, go figure).
These days I tend to use two 6mm wide strips of shiseido cotton side by side (outer layers peeled off) threaded through at the same time. I don't tend to do anything special, just trimmed to fit and making sure there is a little exposed "lip" on the air hole of the B deck.
I guess the large gauge helps. I can stuff cotton in without the coil budging at all, and it won't let the wick sag down.
I'll pull off the cap and take a pic of the B deck in a few.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

This is how I wicked mine, first time with the Squape and it's vaping perfectly. All night on my desk, zero leaks, zero dry hits, been in my pocket, no issues at all, just awesome moisty vape :)

WDCcH-3_1xNzYs-NdhqUX8GxD9iiC1aCo_rW420xvOQ%2CmuGK64yaPLRiL8G8-XDbKQIbm1lF_S9v94ldJZg3lc0

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
19339299882_0364da9523_z.jpg

Still love using my SquapeR for particular juices, and I think suits this set-up quite well. :)
Not sure what to tell those that have leaking issues with the B deck, guess I've been lucky and had little issue with it!
3mm 4 wrap spaced 24g Ti, ends up around 0.15 on the XvoStick (my rDNA reads slightly higher, my TT lower, go figure).
These days I tend to use two 6mm wide strips of shiseido cotton side by side (outer layers peeled off) threaded through at the same time. I don't tend to do anything special, just trimmed to fit and making sure there is a little exposed "lip" on the air hole of the B deck.
I guess the large gauge helps. I can stuff cotton in without the coil budging at all, and it won't let the wick sag down.
I'll pull off the cap and take a pic of the B deck in a few.

Hey nice lookin mod that's for sure! ;)
How do you like it? Love the low profile stealth look.. Would have got it if not for the upcoming Dna200... Does the cutout affect the afc?

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
How do you like it? Love the low profile stealth look.. Would have got it if not for the upcoming Dna200... Does the cutout affect the afc?

I posted a little about my impressions in the high end regulated mods thread, but I'll answer here for you. :)
I love it thus far. It was planned for and will be my "at work" mod. Small, protects the atty, and will probably handle heavy knocks.
It will likely affect some attys airflow sliiiiiiiiightly. It's barely noticeable to me. I probably do notice because I'm so picky. lol
No 23mm attys here to test, but I'd guess if anything was going to be affected more they'd be the ones.
Buttons are okayish. Nothing terrible, but they're slightly... spongy? I'm too used to solid clicky style buttons. :p
edit: oh, and it's probably obvious by the design, but forget about adjusting AFC without removing the atty! Not an issue for me, but for anyone who does fiddle with airflow a lot it might be.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Does changing the airflow help? Could you be pulling more juice in than your coil can handle?

Done every air hole, all the same. out of curiosity smaller or bigger air hole pulls more juice through?

A few of us got it to do this but it was due to having the cotton stuffed above the air hole, once we kept it below the problem was gone.. What kind of cotton you using? Do you have pics of your build?

Done like 8 builds, all with diffrent cotton lenghts etc and still same issue. i use kgd cotton, muji etc.

Ah yeah I see em... That looks OK to me, one difference I notice vs my build is with that kind of coil those big cotton tails out of it look like they sit right up around and slightly over the airhole. For lack of a better idea I would suggest trying to build a longer coil to keep the tails clear of the air hole and see what happens. On mine, the coil extends well clear of the air hole and the tails come out and basically run down against the side wall of the deck

Could possibly fluff more, but the fluffing I've found increases juice flow potential

Im going to have to try this out and see, as yes my coils are short and sweet but no matter what the cotton when it drapes, is right next to the air hole which could be the issue.

This is how I wicked mine, first time with the Squape and it's vaping perfectly. All night on my desk, zero leaks, zero dry hits, been in my pocket, no issues at all, just awesome moisty vape :)

WDCcH-3_1xNzYs-NdhqUX8GxD9iiC1aCo_rW420xvOQ%2CmuGK64yaPLRiL8G8-XDbKQIbm1lF_S9v94ldJZg3lc0

That looks identical to my previous builds...

i dont know im just really confused in why this is happening. It must be something serious as every build has the same outcome. The line cant be that fine that its something really tiny as thats just going to be very hard to cope with. Every build could be a disaster. I build my own coils and like to think im good at it and when in know how to build a certain rta then every time is just so easy. With this though i haven't found 'the issue.'

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Do you guys get liquid build up in the drip tip with the b deck? I'm getting a little bit, nothing too serious to be worried about though to be honest.

Yes. I tend to get a small amount with another atty of mine as well, which I think is just the trade-off for getting a thicker/denser vape.
If you have a drip tip with less of a lip at the bottom try that. It won't completely solve it but it should help a bit.
I tend to just clean the tip at each refill with a bit of paper towel now.

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus

Whats the dna200? I was about to preorder for the next round of xvosticks, was gonna put it with a squape Rs

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Whats the dna200? I was about to preorder for the next round of xvosticks, was gonna put it with a squape Rs
New chipset from Evolve. Suppose to have resolved all previous issues with the dna40s .. Now only chipsets are available.. Mods should be coming in a month or so..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread