Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
From the article:
Last month, for example, British American Tobacco published what the Official Journal of the International Society for Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology called the “first practical guide to the safe use of flavorings in e-cigarettes.”
I'd like to see that "practical guide".

Google search for “first practical guide to the safe use of flavorings in e-cigarettes” -no results. Google site search of www.isrtp.org for e-cig references - no results.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
From the article:

I'd like to see that "practical guide".

Google search for “first practical guide to the safe use of flavorings in e-cigarettes” -no results. Google site search of www.isrtp.org for e-cig references - no results.

72 volumes - don't see an 'add to your cart' box :laugh: It's an ongoing peer reviewed (some say not so much) journal.
Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology - ScienceDirect.com

Reactions: nicnik

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
72 volumes - don't see an 'add to your cart' box :laugh: It's an ongoing peer reviewed (some say not so much) journal.
Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology - ScienceDirect.com

Thanks. I found this at that site (free full text). I think it's the one they were referring to:
An approach to ingredient screening and toxicological risk assessment of flavours in e-liquids
Flavour ingredients are an essential part of e-liquids. Their responsible selection and inclusion levels in e-liquids must be guided by toxicological principles. We propose an approach to the screening and toxicological risk assessment of flavour ingredients for e-liquids.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
E-cigarette industry proves that companies don’t need government regulations to act in a safe and responsible manner

DREW JOHNSON: E-cigarette regulation - Washington Times

I like this, but wish the responsible thing was all that was part of the equation.

The "safe" aspect is pie in the sky. No government body would provide this, though I do think the illusion of safety would be and for overwhelming majority would be enough. But will never ever be enough for regulators of the anti-variety. Where is the industry (of any sort) that is providing actual safety, that no rationale person could scrutinize, ad nauseam?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I like this, but wish the responsible thing was all that was part of the equation.

The "safe" aspect is pie in the sky. No government body would provide this, though I do think the illusion of safety would be and for overwhelming majority would be enough. But will never ever be enough for regulators of the anti-variety. Where is the industry (of any sort) that is providing actual safety, that no rationale person could scrutinize, ad nauseam?

Yep. And the other thing is the categories of carcinogens (in the flow chart):

Group 1 - known carcinogen
Group2A - probably carcinogen
Group2B - possible carcinogen

And all the assumptions that go into figuring 2A and 2B. (and even dosage of group 1) And, as I've pointed this out in other posts - there are certain classifications - where something is only an agent or a possible agent - formaldehyde is one of those. And then the whole 'no-threshold' theory where no matter how negligibly low the dosage is, some still want them banned or labeled, yet the carcinogens in tomatoes especially but also the levels allowed in city water are higher than some products that 'must be banned'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread