Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Weak. I'm trying to do this build with a single 18650 and sell it lol. But if it performs this bad I may have to suck it up and go dual.
Its really pushing the limits of a single 18650 battery. I wouldn't recommend people using 75W on Powerful+ with a single 18650 24/7, unless you hate your 18650s and want to replace them every month.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Any other changes with the new software?

My SX now loses the wattage setting I had, when I change batteries... I have the previous update installed.(2.2?)

Does this update fix that issue?

I am using a Silo Beast, with Atlantis .5 ohm coils. I set it to 40 watts, and vape away.

However, when I remove the battery and replace it, the wattage has now gone down to 25w (I believe... maybe 21 watts) and I have to reset it. This isn't how it worked previously... anyone else notice this? Does the new software version fix this?

Thanks

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Any other changes with the new software?

My SX now loses the wattage setting I had, when I change batteries... I have the previous update installed.(2.2?)

Does this update fix that issue?

I am using a Silo Beast, with Atlantis .5 ohm coils. I set it to 40 watts, and vape away.

However, when I remove the battery and replace it, the wattage has now gone down to 25w (I believe... maybe 21 watts) and I have to reset it. This isn't how it worked previously... anyone else notice this? Does the new software version fix this?

Thanks
That doesn't happen to me. Are you setting the wattage in the menu or something?

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
That doesn't happen to me. Are you setting the wattage in the menu or something?

Yeah... I set the wattage in the menu, not one of the memory settings, and it's in Power mode, not temp.

However, I used it the same way before the update, and it would keep the same wattage after a battery swap as it was prior to swapping out the battery.

Not a big deal, but kind of a hassle to always have to reset my wattage when I insert a fresh battery.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Yeah... I set the wattage in the menu, not one of the memory settings, and it's in Power mode, not temp.

However, I used it the same way before the update, and it would keep the same wattage after a battery swap as it was prior to swapping out the battery.

Not a big deal, but kind of a hassle to always have to reset my wattage when I insert a fresh battery.
Ahh, gotcha, yeah, I've never set the wattage in the menu, that must be the difference, always just used the presets.

I just tried it on the test firmware, set wattage to 46W, swapped battery, turned back on and it was on the M1 setting, which is 15W on mine.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth

If I'm understanding you correctly, in your going into the sub menu and setting your power or joules then when exiting you default to M1 with whatever you set but lose that setting when changing batteries? I believe you will also lose that setting when hitting the up button or running through the different Mx locations.

If so that has not been fixed with this release and is a bug that was introduced with 2.1 if I recall correctly.

I'd suggest setting your output as follows to work around this.
Hit Up button to select Mx location you want to set
Hit Down button to Adj
Hit either Up button or Down button to adjust to your preference
Hit fire button when your done Adj

Last edited:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Only with Ti and Power not in Ni200. Really not sure why Ni200 is limited to 50j????

Probably due to the ultra-low ohm capability of the SXM with respect to Nickel, which means the voltage required is beyond the capability of the buck-boost circuitry for 75J.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Probably due to the ultra-low ohm capability of the SXM with respect to Nickel, which means the voltage required is beyond the capability of the buck-boost circuitry for 75J.

Probably right, that makes sense. Dumb question now that I think about it.:facepalm: I need to wake up, still on my first cup of coffee and up til 4:00 last night.

Reactions: Yozhik

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
With the upgrade are you able to set your temp like with nickel, I use 390 and 12J on a .07ohm coil with nickel. Also I am using 28awg 5 wraps with nickel.

I'm really not seeing any difference with Ni200 selection 2legs. From what I can see all previous bugs that I'm aware of are still present and there's no observable difference when running under Ni200. Have not done any measurements with DMM or scope but operationally it's basically the same. Gotta run around town to see if any vape shops have Ti so I can play around with it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread