[CLOSED BUSINESS] Bionic Vapor Virtual Home of the Minion Empire (Chit-chat, support)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
vaping caffeine doesnt work unfortunately.. ive tried it... nothing more than placebo. someone on the site went into it and apparently the temp that caffeine vaporizes at is way higher than anything we vape e-juice with.

sorry to be a bubble burster..

and hi!
Hey soulman long time no see. And it was a gimme anyway. I just don't know if it will react with my meds at all.

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
someone on the site went into it and apparently the temp that caffeine vaporizes at is way higher than anything we vape e-juice with.

I didn't see the discussion you referenced, but you don't need to vaporize the actual caffeine molecules or the actual nicotine molecules. They would be destroyed, as viable caffeine or nicotine, in that process. You only need to vaporize the carrier of those molecules that transports the molecules, intact, within the solution's vapor. It still might be a bad idea to take the chance of caffeine crystalizing in your lungs (I haven't studied the the physiology of that), but I can't see why it wouldn't work as far as transport goes.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
I'm on my phone but I'll try to find that thread later... it isn't destroying the molecule.. its the heat needed to make it leave the liquid solution. Ie.. vaporize... obviously heat needs to be involved for all vaping.. and the way I understood it the vg and pg and nic and flavors would Vape and the caffeine would remain in the wick

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
*slumps around boredly* plans today got cancelled cause of the rain [boohoo weaklings], and my game is on a 12-hour maintenance
Boooo. :(

It's 90 and 61% humidity right now. I think it's actually not supposed to rain today for once.
Stupid raining every day in summer makes it so hard to keep up with the grass.

mekakeisei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Warwick, RI
So I planned everything out to go meet my mate for lunch, except it rained and had this domino effect causing me not to be able to go. Which I guess in the long run would have been for the best even though I was really bummed out, seeing as we only have 20$ for food budget before we had to start dipping into what little we've been trying hard to save for bicycles. Well, my mate sweet talked me into getting pizza, seeing as if it hadn't rained we would have gotten mcdonalds, and pizza is better than mcDs, so I caved. Well they messed up the pizza and gave us two to make up for what looked like a slipped pizza. Sounds like some good karma to me.

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
For all of you that have worn glasses longer than I have, I could use some advice. How often do you clean your glasses and how do you clean them? I keep a microfiber cloth in my case that I use to wipe them down and just clean them with a little soap and water normally.

I always seem to get this one little blurry spot right in the middle of my glasses in front of my pupil randomly and it's super annoying. :lol:

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Copy and pasting this from another thread.

This is a petition from the Florida Smoke Free Association. I saw a post from them today that they are trying to resurrect and finish this petition. The petition has been up since April I believe, but only has a little under 6,000 signatures while they are trying to get 10,000. If you want more information, you can go to their Facebook page. You don't have to live in Florida to sign it.

Florida is trying to impose an 85% tax on all nicotine based e-liquids. "This includes a 60% surcharge on the wholesale price and an additional 25% tax."

Florida Petition for Smoke-Free Vaping Rights - Smoke Free Defense

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
The lines are forming quickly for this position. Better hurry.
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
Oh.. missed part of the argument.. the solubility of the chemical in the carrier can be affected by heat.
In any case, I think it's a bad idea. The amount you would have to vape, even if it was readily soluble in PG or VG at room temperature, in order to get the same effect that you get from drinking coffee or energy drinks would be ridiculous. My :2c:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread