Reo Lounge Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good evening, Reoville!

the temp here hit 114 today, and i figured venturing out in the world was a bad idea. of course, right about the time the temp peaked, my daughter calls me cuz her computer that runs her bar died. of course her office where the computer is has no air conditioning, so it was at least 120 there. we managed to get it fixed with all the computer stuff i dragged with me.

so i sat in the bar and ate burgers and fries and drank diet coke until i could walk again. i met some of the "regulars"... one biddy was actually hitting on me.

But, i think she was only interested in free drinks cuz i'm the bar owners daddy. And.... besides.....

i'd rather do Kay :w00t:

Well by golly...you showed up with a roar !!:D

and you wouldn't have to ply me with drinks;)

Seriously, you have been missed!!!!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Kay, it is summer. Attendance has been done all over the forums, I think. I bet once it cools down, and the kids are back in school, it will pick back up. Even my favorite e juice forum has been slow too. (HHV) I go to the HHV forum, and Reo now. Those are my favorite two of all. I am still getting ready for my son's visit. He will be here Sat. afternoon. I can hardly contain my excitement. I haven't seen him in a year. Even his sister is taking vacation from work, to see him. I thought that was super nice. When I was in the USN and came home, my brother did not take vacation to see me...lol. Anyway, I have been preoccupied, I am sorry. I still don't have this computer squared away. I'm not gonna do any major changes, until my son has gone back. I don't have satellite anymore, and the only movies I get are on Netflix. My son and I like most of the same movies. He plans to fish a while when he comes home. The heat may make him change his mind about that though.

I only have local channels from cable. I use Netflix with my Roku. I found a great deal on Hulu Plus. You can buy a 12 month subscription card on ebay. You will only pay around $30 for a whole year! That really gives me way too much to watch now!

Roku is a great deal. Lots of channels on there that extend the your viewing options!

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
Good morning REOville! Hope no one has to work too hard today! Most of my dirty work is done before the mugginess gets too thick!

jup, not a bad drive at all, but since I don't have a car, it would take me 4 months to walk it!! :laugh:

Well if I ever get down that way again, which I'm planning to do, we'll pick ya up and take ya down. Mini Me will keep you well entertained!

I only have local channels from cable. I use Netflix with my Roku. I found a great deal on Hulu Plus. You can buy a 12 month subscription card on ebay. You will only pay around $30 for a whole year! That really gives me way too much to watch now!

Roku is a great deal. Lots of channels on there that extend the your viewing options!

If I got rid of my cable, I would be able to afford a new REO and atty every month and then some! I only watch a few channels and we got Netfilx so I don't think I'd really miss it if it went away.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Nerak, Roku with Hulu Plus might be in the future for me. But I don't have a capable tv, without running cables. At this point I am not in a rush. I have plenty of shows in que to see on Netflix. Once that starts to change, I may get more serious about adding more alternatives. I haven't had satellite in over a year now. They still bug me about rejoining them too.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
The only reason I have cable is because my son wants it and he pays for it. I rarely ever watch tv. He also has Netflix and I will probably keep that for some of my fav shows. I think $117 a month is ridiculous for Directv.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon. Just got finished vacuuming and Armoralling the Honda. It has been years since it has been cleaned. What a productive day I am having. I want to go push mow the trim work for daddy but he says the grass is to wet. I don't believe it. I think he just wants to do it himself. That or he knows I won't do as good a job as him. He did finish boxwood bushes while I was outside. We've both had a spunky day. heehee I like me some spunky.
girl_haha.gif

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
We cut the cable about a year ago. Now it's Roku or Apple TV (for iTunes) running Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon. Since there is a NHL app, I'm set for sports, too (typically the weak spot in streamed services).

We're content challenged in Canada, so I spoof a US IP to get the good stuff. I don't consider this fraud as I am paying for the services and have free access to them when we're at our place in AZ (which is where I signed up for everything).

The thing I noticed most is that we have stopped having the tv on as background noise. It's now a "I want to watch X" experience, exclusively. We put on more music instead and often spend the evening reading instead of watching. Funny how a little adjustment can have a profound effect.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
We ditched pay tv several years ago. Had a receiver go bad and they wanted $300 to replace a box that was their equipment... I told them to send me a box they could have the piece of excrement back and cancel the account. They wanted the head back from the dish and I told them I didn't have a ladder and if they wanted it that bad, they were welcome to send someone out to get it. (They never did.) Every time they send me offers in the mail I cut up all the junk they sent and stick it in the reply envelope they include.

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
The only reason I have cable is because my son wants it and he pays for it. I rarely ever watch tv. He also has Netflix and I will probably keep that for some of my fav shows. I think $117 a month is ridiculous for Directv.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon. Just got finished vacuuming and Armoralling the Honda. It has been years since it has been cleaned. What a productive day I am having. I want to go push mow the trim work for daddy but he says the grass is to wet. I don't believe it. I think he just wants to do it himself. That or he knows I won't do as good a job as him. He did finish boxwood bushes while I was outside. We've both had a spunky day. heehee I like me some spunky.
girl_haha.gif

If you are still feeling a bit energetic, you can head over this way and clean up Mrs Underdawgs car! I kid, I love detailing my cars and I wish I had more time to do so (when I say clean, it always turns out into a 12+ hour detailing session) but at least my ambulances are nice and shiny.....until I leave for the weekend at least!

I'm so ready to drop Comcast and use them for internet. Have a home phone but we haven't used it for the longest time, a bazillion channels and I only really watch at most 5 channels regularly. Yeah I think Mrs Underdawg and I are gonna have a sit down chat about it soon! Heck even she and Mini Me don't watch it as often anymore, it's mostly Netflix with them.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Well I didn't spend no 12 hours Underdawg736, but I did spend 2 hours. I don't like doing it at all. :( But it does look great and I can handle it every two years. heehee

Did all daddy's push mowing for him because I knew he would get out there and do it. Started raining on me but I got finished.

Had a very outstanding day. Evening hugs to all that want em'. . .

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Evenin', all.

It was a productive day for me too-- i woke up above ground :)

i also cut the cable about 6 months ago. as some of the oldtimers may remember, my last job was with an internet anti-piracy company. now, i can pretty much watch anything... :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
He said it was hot. I don't recall him saying he was shriveled. bahahahahaha
I was improvising! :laugh:

Well if I ever get down that way again, which I'm planning to do, we'll pick ya up and take ya down. Mini Me will keep you well entertained!
awwwwwwww that's sweet!

Hope everyone has a great 4th weekend!!!!
Patriotic Flag Eagle God Bless America.jpg

qiubicfit

May 17, 2013
miami beach FL.
Hello to all the wonderful members, I usually drop in to check in was happening, but in the past
I only had enough time to read a few pages of intrest and then back to the busy world, but trying to be more involve these days and show my appreciation, I been stuck on a hospital for the last two weeks spending most of my time worrying about my baby, and trying to figure out was going on, needeless to say i've had few hours of sleep, here sitting on a uncomfortable chair in a cold ICU room hust waitng, and enduring all the strees of watching a child go through so much, reading all the funny comments and all the ingenious ideas from all the people here really lifts my spirits, I never had any social media, I hardly ever email or for that matter talk on the phone, but really find this forum like vaping, to be a great source knowledge as well as entertainment...

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
A pickled reindeer!
Reindeer? Cute, but its your fault if I start whistling, Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, in July.
girl_haha.gif

Hope everyone has a great 4th weekend!!!!

I hope you do also. I usually spend the 4th with my big white dog pacing and shaking from all the fireworks. I only have the 2 little dogs with me at Dad's. It has never bothered them. I don't know if people do them around here or not. It's weird, I've never been real fond of fireworks. I've only lit little sparklers and that was when I was a kid. One of my sisters 5 husbands, used to light bottle rockets with his hands and throw them. I knew he was crazy for marrying my sister, but this was more proof. heehee
smiley-lights-fireworks.gif

enjoying the very thought of three days Off !!! Woo Hoo !
Oh I know you are beside yourself. Have a good time and relax!

Been up since 6. What is happening to me? I have nothing planned for the day. Goodness, I don't want two productive days in a row. heehee

HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL
and a big o'l hug to everyone too. :wub:

airedale2

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Delavan, Il
Good morning REOville! Hope everyone has a nice and safe weekend! know I will, staying home relaxing and lounging, and cooking on my primo grill all weekend, have plans for that, a butter flied turkey, rib roast, and some ribs to end the weekend of course, and down some Heinekens along the way. coming up on my 2yr analog free anniversary on the 5th going to do some celebrations, with some good eats and drinks. So everyone be safe and enjoy!! :):)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
qibicfit - I liked your post, most in support. My heart, thoughts and prayers will be with you and your little one. I, too, have spent what seemed eternities in waiting rooms - for my son, for my grandson, for my wife and later on for my departed father. Stay close if you can, and let us know how you are doing. As Red Skelton would, "and May God Bless."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread