Status
Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
G'Morning All! I'm gonna be packing today to go to Illinois. While I'm there, I may visit the house where I lived for nearly 21 years with my late husband. I'm sure that it has changed. Hope they haven't chopped the mature oaks down. :unsure: We may even get a one day fishing license and throw some lures into one of the lakes in my old town. It is called Lake In The Hills, but there are actually three lakes. The last time I fished there was with my son. That was just before he discovered girls - specifically, the one that is now his wife. He's not much for browsing. :laugh:

Sandy - I'm so sorry about Tom. Rotten timing for you too since it followed losing Penny by such a brief period. Maybe leasing a horse would be good for your spirits. Sure hope so. What you said about peregrine falcons made me smile considering my painting of a peregrine:

Looks as if the non-stop rains have taken a break for a bit. We finally had a day with no rain at all here. It's been the only day without rain since the day of the wedding for a looooong time. As much as I love thunderstorms, it's time for a break. It rather cramps my style. Just sayin'.

Hope that you all have a wonderful day! :)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Raven - I had some comments for you but the post went crazy so I will reiterate.

The DIL's dress was gorgeous.

Love the peregrine falcon painting:)

The cake was a work of art.

The setting for the wedding was magnificent.

Who doesn't love a gal in chiffon and work boots.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Lizzie, that's depressing. If you can afford to give up that job, I'd say do it. If you really need the money, then redrawing the boundaries sounds like the next best plan. Good luck, whatever you decide.

I guess I am still debating. It is hard for me to get new jobs but I don't need the aggravation.

I may wait and see how it goes on Sunday with redrawing boundaries and if it isn't going well....I'm done.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Raven - I had some comments for you but the post went crazy so I will reiterate.

The DIL's dress was gorgeous.

It was stunning. Not her style, but she got it for Dave.

Love the peregrine falcon painting:)

The cake was a work of art.

Thanks!! :D

The setting for the wedding was magnificent.

It truly was the perfect setting. With beautiful weather to go along with it. Ma Nature was kind. I owe her one.

Who doesn't love a gal in chiffon and work boots.
Holding a drink, smokin' a cigarette and wearing a nose ring!! :laugh:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I guess I am still debating. It is hard for me to get new jobs but I don't need the aggravation.

I may wait and see how it goes on Sunday with redrawing boundaries and if it isn't going well....I'm done.

Sure hope it goes well. Sometimes the compensation isn't worth the stress.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Sure hope it goes well. Sometimes the compensation isn't worth the stress.

I agree and if I was done paying for hay and my two vacations, I would probably quit today but I really am counting on the money through August. I can always quit later in the year.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
My birthday's coming up, and tomorrow, friends want to take me out to eat. First, tutoring in the morning, then lunch with Karen at Tokyo Hibachi Japanese Restaurant, Ithaca, NY 14850, Menu, Online Order, Take Out, Online Coupon, Discount Menu, Customer Review and then dinner with Deb, Harriet, and various others at Home which has way more than pizza, though the website seems to focus on that. Since I'll have dinner with Deb, I plan to ask her about leasing a horse and getting her recommendations about which horse would be suitable. I'm leaning toward Dixie, but I haven't ruled out Baby. There's also Rudy & Tate, though they are down on my list of possibilities. Rudy has been known to be unpredictably spooky in the past, when my friend Mariah rode him. Tate is a slow draft horse for beginners. And then there's Maija, who I hear needs an hour of longeing before you can safely ride her.

Meanwhile, I need to get a gift for Harriet, since it's her birthday celebration, too. I tried to go to the local horse supply shop today, but they were closed. Tomorrow, after lunch with Karen and before coming home from Ithaca, I will stop at Tractor Supply and get Harriet something. Then to wrap it and get to dinner here in town at 5. Whew! Last year, I got her fly spray for her horses. So unromantic and practical! But Harriet, sort of a space cadet to the nth degree, hadn't thought to get fly spray, she said, so I guess it was useful. If nothing totally inspiring comes to mind, I could always do that again. I need to get a card, too, probably a horsey one would be good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread