Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mod your rba deck like some of us did with holes and dremeling the slots? And what PG/VG juice you using?
I have 3 Subtanks and 4 RBA decks, I haven't modded any of them yet. PG/VG is normally 30/70 but sometimes max VG or 100% VG. I tried 100% VG recently and while it works and doesn't dry hit, it also isn't getting a lot of juice to the coil, vapor and flavor is much reduced. I'm thinking of taking a file or dremel to one of them and trying that for my heavy VG juices.

I'm kind of disappointed in the new RBA deck style with the screw and no juice channels. I don't have any of them but it seems to me it won't work at all when juice level is low.

Reactions: Fit_Four_Life

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I can vape my new style RBA till there is only a few drops left of juice.
I'm still waiting for my v2 RBA decks, but I wager I'll have the same experience as you. The juice holes are set rather low as well. One of my v1 RBA decks is moded with holes and I've never had any problems, even though the holes are set higher than on the v2 deck.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Does anyone know if the new version of the STM's rba deck can be purchased yet? I've looked but have yet to see
It at any online vendor.
Fasttech had them but they are temporarily sold out. Come to think of it, they might still have the authentics. The clones are the ones that are sold out.

Reactions: tencars

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Fasttech had them but they are temporarily sold out. Come to think of it, they might still have the authentics. The clones are the ones that are sold out.

I refuse to give Fasttech my business any more. I bought an Istick 50W I thought, turned out to be a clone because of deceptive wording on their site. 10 days after I recieved it, it started auto firing and then died all together and Fasttech wanted me to jump thru all sorts of hoops to get warranty on it which I never got. Now I just avoid them all together. Far too many honest companies out there for me to spend my money on.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I refuse to give Fasttech my business any more. I bought an Istick 50W I thought, turned out to be a clone because of deceptive wording on their site. 10 days after I recieved it, it started auto firing and then died all together and Fasttech wanted me to jump thru all sorts of hoops to get warranty on it which I never got. Now I just avoid them all together. Far too many honest companies out there for me to spend my money on.
I've been ordering from Fasttech for about two years now and I've been quite satisfied. It can take some time to deal with warranty issues with them, but I haven't had any real issues. I haven't seen them claim something as authentic when it isn't. In contrast to many other places I could buy from, ft offers a warranty. Things are probably different in the US. In any case, the original Subtank v2 RBAs were something like $6 so not a huge cost.

Reactions: ykalon

tencars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Tennessee, USA

Thanks for the info. The only eBay vendor wants $12.00 for one and fasttech is out of stock. Seems they
Are popular so I'll wait and they will be standard stock with most reputatale vendors eventually.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thanks for the info. The only eBay vendor wants $12.00 for one and fasttech is out of stock. Seems they
Are popular so I'll wait and they will be standard stock with most reputatale vendors eventually.
Fasttech has the original (non-clone) v2 still (though "ships in 7 days"). I think I found them by searching for "subtank rba". For some reason with a search for just "subtank" they don't show up. $6.73, if I remember correctly.

tencars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Tennessee, USA
Fasttech has the original (non-clone) v2 still (though "ships in 7 days"). I think I found them by searching for "subtank rba". For some reason with a search for just "subtank" they don't show up. $6.73, if I remember correctly.

I used search " SUBTANK Mini RBA" at fasttech and found what you were talking about for $6.73 ships in 7 days.
guess they are waiting on kanger to sent some to them from across the street. LOL.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Reactions: vjdossey

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
STmini UPDATE: So I've had STminis since their introduction and have tried to run them to death. I'm strictly an rba user as I've never been happy with the flavor production of the occ's. I've run kanthal, nichrome, nickel-200 and titanium-g1on the rbas and have had no problems making each build work flawlessly at 30w with 75vg juice. You just can't kill these things. They have never leaked, threads have not stripped out, glass has not broken even when dropped (ymmv), super easy to fill and they have sufficient airflow to chain vape up to 45w with 60vg juice without modifications.

For temp control the STmini is rock solid with no res fluctuations. A ti build in an STmini on an Evic VT60 temp control mod is an absolutely stellar vape; as close to dripper flavor as I've ever been with a tank.

I'm talking about V1 STminis here, the rbas with juice channels, not the newer "plus" rba version with holes that peeps are calling V2's. The V2's may work even better, don't know, but if any of you out there are on the fence about buying a rebuildable tank, take the plunge, I think you will be happy with the STmini.

Cig

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
STmini UPDATE: So I've had STminis since their introduction and have tried to run them to death. I'm strictly an rba user as I've never been happy with the flavor production of the occ's. I've run kanthal, nichrome, nickel-200 and titanium-g1on the rbas and have had no problems making each build work flawlessly at 30w with 75vg juice. You just can't kill these things. They have never leaked, threads have not stripped out, glass has not broken even when dropped (ymmv), super easy to fill and they have sufficient airflow to chain vape up to 45w with 60vg juice without modifications.

For temp control the STmini is rock solid with no res fluctuations. A ti build in an STmini on an Evic VT60 temp control mod is an absolutely stellar vape; as close to dripper flavor as I've ever been with a tank.

I'm talking about V1 STminis here, the rbas with juice channels, not the newer "plus" rba version with holes that peeps are calling V2's. The V2's may work even better, don't know, but if any of you out there are on the fence about buying a rebuildable tank, take the plunge, I think you will be happy with the STmini.

Cig

What is your favorite ni200 build for the rba in the STmini?

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
What is your favorite ni200 build for the rba in the STmini?
Never found one I really liked because of how much ni200 it took to get the res up to workable levels with thicker more durable gauges. The smaller ga. wire is so flimsy that it's hard to wick heavy without distorting the coil. I'm pretty happy now with my Ti builds but plan on trying some twisted 30ga ni200 on my next build...I've heard that they are reasonably strong.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Never found one I really liked because of how much ni200 it took to get the res up to workable levels with thicker more durable gauges. The smaller ga. wire is so flimsy that it's hard to wick heavy without distorting the coil. I'm pretty happy now with my Ti builds but plan on trying some twisted 30ga ni200 on my next build...I've heard that they are reasonably strong.
Cool, was just curious because I was getting ready to try a nickel build in the rba again. I gave it a go earlier with some 26g tempered ni200, 8 wraps around a 3mm bit, reads .072ohm on my SX M, and seems to be OK so far. Wicked it without getting any spitback this time, so that's a plus.

Reactions: cigatron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread