Has your nicotine levels increased or decreased?

Since starting my nicotine concentration has...

• Increased

• Stayed the same

• Decreased

• Has fluctuated (up & down & down & up)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty_Ralph

Jun 12, 2015
New York
I wouldn't say it was solely to reduce for the sake of reducing as in a conscience choice to lower my level as it was to rid myself of that pesky burn of vaping to high of a nicotine level. That being said I now vape 03mg on sigelei 150W .03 ohms between 30-34 Watts on my quest to find that smoothest, fullest, most satisfying lungful having started a pack a day full flavor 100's smoker since I was roughly 13 now being 45 and starting my vape on my wife's Aspire BDC with an adjustable battery with 18-24mg. My goal is still the experience of a satisfying lungful but would like to be nicotine free and max tastiness asap.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
You do realize that most people will decease the amount of nicotine concentration in thier juice due to vaping at higher power levels........ They will consider that as a decrease in usage, even though there may actaully be an INCREASE in both usage and dosage, simply due to more effective atomization and vaporization. resulting in increased juice consumption.
You do realize though, that we only absorb a fraction of the nicotine contained in the liquid. You're not actually getting a full 6mg from 1ml of 6mg/ml juice, maybe not even half of that. Vaping isn't super efficient, but the nicotine we do get from it is of a much more pure form than you get from cigarettes.

Reactions: Cuando

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
You do realize though, that we only absorb a fraction of the nicotine contained in the liquid. You're not actually getting a full 6mg from 1ml of 6mg/ml juice, maybe not even half of that. Vaping isn't super efficient, but the nicotine we do get from it is of a much more pure form than you get from cigarettes.

Yes. I do. BUT, the math for that is very difficult to explain here.. Much easier to deal with the math when based on Consumption rather than absorption. Nic is absorbed at a different rate for each vaper, and on top of that no 2 attys vaporize the same. IF I know I consume 6ML a day of 10mg/ml I have used 60 MG of nic that day. Now if I up the wattage of my vape I tend to USE more juice PER PUFF. This can result in an extra strong nic hit. So higher wattage also may mean I need a lower concentration of nic in the BOTTLE. In know incoherient, it's all about dosage and dilution.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
I started with 24, down to 5 now. I went down to 12 before I started subohm-ing (oh the days when the Atlantis was new...), went to 6 when I started subohm-ing. DIYing my own juice now at 5.

As mentioned by others, it wasn't as much of a desire to decrease nicotine as it was to make it not so harsh now that I was getting more efficient vaporization.

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
In order to quit cigarettes, I started with 50VG/50PG 24 mg tobacco flavored juice. Within 12 months I was at 12 to 18 mg depending on my juice supplier and dropped tobacco flavored juice in favor of fruit flavored. About 7 months ago I dropped to 6 mg as I began to notice the throat hit with 12 mg was a bit too strong. Within a week, my body adjusted to the lower nicotine level. This October will mark my 3rd year tobacco free.

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
Started at 24, quickly dropped to 18, then worked my way to 12. Dropped to 6, then to 0 while trying to get pregnant, got pregnant and quit altogether, stopped being pregnant and picked it back up again at 6. I'll probably work both of us down (without telling the missus who's at 11) just to prepare for the inevitable regulation and tax hike. It'll be a funny day when she realizes I'm not adding any nic to her juice and I tell her she hasn't had any in months!

*~*moonlitwish*~*

TheJester

Jan 26, 2015
Delaware
Using the same set up as in my original post. Now I vape 3-6mg. Again not because I had to reduce my nicotine levels or changed my vaping style (my coils last about a month). I don't think I'm nearly as dependent on nicotine as I was when I was smoking cigarettes or when I first started vaping!

Now I can go like 6-8 hours without a vape without any real issues. Whereas before if I didn't wake up smoke 3 cigarettes then smoke a cigarette every hour I could not think or function.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I'm pretty much at the same nic level. I bought several bottles at 6mg, a couple at 12mg, and I'm comfortable at that range, but just bought 2 - 125ml flasks at 3mg that I will probably add nic too to bring them up to 6mg. The 12mg is a nice wake up call for concentration!

Reactions: TheJester
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread