Best gourmet ejuice vendors #2 - The journey continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
thats the problem...we do not really know. I know I plan to be more careful than "don't go in the sun without sunscreen" My lungs suffered severely from cig smoking so I am probably working on two half useful lungs anyway
I was going to write to DJ anyway but since a couple of you have asked here's my understanding of the issue and how i deal with it :

1- It's a serious issue in the industrial setting above certain levels.
2- Animal studies have shown it causes damage to the lungs ( for obvious ethical reasons there won't be studies done on humans )
3- The effects might be different in vaping than they are in ambient air, but personally i think it may be a cause for concern especially if we inhale deeply into the lungs.
4- The "safe" levels are unknown, the only 'numbers' anyone has come up with is 137 ug per day based on Dr. Farsalinos' extrapolation of the safety levels recommended by NIOSH for the work environment. Some people don't think the extrapolation is accurate or meaningful without additional testing.
5- There is absolutely no indication that short term use will cause any harm ( cigarettes for the most part don't do that either ), so with all due respect for Dave from SDV the fact his lungs are fine is no indication one way or another. Anecdotal evidence from a sample of one has no meaning even if it was long term. We've all seen heavy smokers living into their eighties or nineties with no ill effect. I have no clue whether his liquid is diketone free or not (or conclusive proof that diketones are harmful for that matter ), but absent a test there is no proof, unless you want to take Daves word, that his suppliers word ( or his suppliers suppliers word ), is gold ! There are many compounders and redistributors all the way along the supply chain in the flavoring business.
5- There is no such thing as a "safe" vape regardless of the ingredients, there are so many unknown variables. No one had vaporized pg,vg and food flavorings and inhaled it deep into their lungs prior to six or seven years ago, but all indications are it's a lot less harmful than smoking.
6- As in everything the dose is everything. Your level of exposure depends on many factors including how high the level is in the liquid, how many mls you vape and how deep you inhale into the lungs and for what duration of time.
7- No one should be worried about what they have consumed already or have on hand !
8- It's probably best if everyone does a little research and sets their own level of risk.

Personally i am not worried over what i have vaped already or will likely in the future ( either knowingly or unknowingly ), but in general i prefer to buy from vendors that have taken away the one identified potential risk in food flavoring ( there may be more in the future, who knows ). I am not worried about occasional use. And i realize it's easier for me because i am not overly fond of those flavors anyway and only seem to enjoy them for ten or fifteen minutes max.

No need to worry for what you have vaped already!

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
OK Maz, what do you think of this List to try for MOV;

Tennessee Tobacco (Synthetic)

Americano

Blue Ridge

Classic Country

Outlaw

Smoky Mountain 555

Other than the reviews on the Web Site I did find some information but not much on the above.

You know my " No Blow Your Head Off " Tobacco tolerance :)

The only one i have tried is Americano. I like it a lot. Actually reminds of the wildwoods, a coffee wildwood if you will. I think there should be at least a couple you would like from that list. A lot of people are fond of MOV synthetic tobacco's.

The only " blow your head off " on their menu is Apache and maybe Southern Gentleman if you aren't used to unflavored NETs ( especially with Latakia in it ).

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I was going to write to DJ anyway but since a couple of you have asked here's my understanding of the issue and how i deal with it :

1- It's a serious issue in the industrial setting above certain levels
2- Animal studies have shown it causes damage to the lungs ( for obvious ethical reasons there won't be studies done on humans )
3- The effects might be different in vaping than they are in ambient air.
4- The "safe" levels are unknown, the only 'numbers' anyone has come up with is 137 ug per day based on Dr. Farsalinos' extrapolation of the safety levels recommended by NIOSH for the work environment. Some people don't think the extrapolation is accurate or meaningful without additional testing.
5- There is absolutely no indication that short term use will cause any harm ( cigarettes for the most part don't do that either ), so with all due respect for Dave from SDV the fact his lungs are fine is no indication one way or another. Anecdotal evidence from a sample of one has no meaning even if it was long term. We've all seen heavy smokers living into their eighties or nineties with no ill effect. I have no clue whether his liquid is diketone free or not (or conclusive proof that diketones are harmful for that matter ), but absent a test there is no proof, unless you want to take Daves word, that his suppliers word ( or his suppliers suppliers word ), is gold ! There are many compounders and redistributors all the way along the supply chain in the flavoring business.
5- There is no such thing as a "safe" vape regardless of the ingredients, there are so many unknown variables. No one had vaporized pg,vg and food flavorings and inhaled it deep into their lungs prior to six or seven years ago, but all indications are it's a lot less harmful than smoking.
6- As in everything the dose is everything. Your level of exposure depends on many factors including how many mls you vape and how deep you inhale into the lungs and for what duration of time.
7- No one should be worried about what they have consumed already or have on hand !
8- It's probably best if everyone does a little research and sets their own level of risk.

Personally i am not worried over what i have vaped already or will likely in the future ( either knowingly or unknowingly ), but in general i prefer to buy from vendors that have taken away the one identified potential risk in food flavoring ( there may be more in the future, who knows ). I am not worried about occasional use. And i realize it's easier for me because i am not overly fond of those flavors anyway and only seem to enjoy them for ten or fifteen minutes max.

No need for worry !
Well stated Maz, and I agree. I read the research, lots of info, and have decided for myself "everything in moderation". I can't vape the flavors that ten to contain diketones much. Custards and I don't get along. Caramel, yes, and some caramels have diketones. MOV reworked their Full Virginia Flake RY4 last year (early in the year?) because testing showed diketones in the caramel. Along with several other of their flavors.

Bottom line for me, if I can avoid them is best, but occasional use is not going to harm me like the 40 years of combustion did. I do strongly want testing and full disclosure because I want to decide for myself, but I am not going to go crazy if I vape a few diketones. I just won't buy juice from companies that don't disclose.

I kind of trust Wlad because of his "morals" and how he based his juice flavors from the start. But there are still flavors I will avoid, if only because the work arounds just don't taste good to me. There are plenty of flavors I do enjoy, and other open disclosure manufacturers with good juice.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Well stated Maz, and I agree. I read the research, lots of info, and have decided for myself "everything in moderation". I can't vape the flavors that ten to contain diketones much. Custards and I don't get along. Caramel, yes, and some caramels have diketones. MOV reworked their Full Virginia Flake RY4 last year (early in the year?) because testing showed diketones in the caramel. Along with several other of their flavors.

Bottom line for me, if I can avoid them is best, but occasional use is not going to harm me like the 40 years of combustion did. I do strongly want testing and full disclosure because I want to decide for myself, but I am not going to go crazy if I vape a few diketones. I just won't buy juice from companies that don't disclose.

I kind of trust Wlad because of his "morals" and how he based his juice flavors from the start. But there are still flavors I will avoid, if only because the work arounds just don't taste good to me. There are plenty of flavors I do enjoy, and other open disclosure manufacturers with good juice.

Yes, if i'm not mistaken they reworked it even before Dr. F published his results without any publicity and some people noticed !

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I was going to write to DJ anyway but since a couple of you have asked here's my understanding of the issue and how i deal with it :....

Wonderful write up Maz.

I very much appreciated that you wrote to the Group versus me directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mia11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Michigan
Well I wish I liked plain fruits and plain tobacco flavors more, but I'll worry about that when my huge stash is gone. And it won't be gone for quite a while! In the meantime, I'll be saving money by not buying more. And who knows, by then hopefully most vendors will be showing testing results so we can all make our decisions based on more than just a grin and a promise.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
Well I wish I liked plain fruits and plain tobacco flavors more, but I'll worry about that when my huge stash is gone. And it won't be gone for quite a while! In the meantime, I'll be saving money by not buying more. And who knows, by then hopefully most vendors will be showing testing results so we can all make our decisions based on more than just a grin and a promise.

Are you still concerned with P.O.E.T.?

It struck me today that P.O.E.T. created an Njoy Artist Flavor which came in as ND on the Tests.

I wish that I could handle their higher VG to try the Dragonscape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mia11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Michigan
Yes, very concerned. Sent an email yesterday and again today, and heard nothing back. I expect the stock answer, if I get one. Not very hopeful. I think NJoy might have had more stringent testing standards for these Artist Collection participant juices than the "Artist's" own companies.

It seems logical to me that if any vendor has done testing and the testing came out clean, that vendor would be proudly posting the test results (like MOV for example) and we wouldn't need to be doing this.

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Skeebo, this is wonderful.

Did you grow more fond of Beaumont Reserve?

For some strange reason and with the recent news, I have grown very fond of Gentleman's Reserve over the Premium Juice Vendors brand also. Fingers crossed.

I have not gone back to it yet.... I'll have to report back.

Reactions: DJLEC

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina

1- It's a serious issue in the industrial setting above certain levels.
3- The effects might be different in vaping than they are in ambient air, but personally i think it may be a cause for concern especially if we inhale deeply into the lungs.
6- As in everything the dose is everything. Your level of exposure depends on many factors including how high the level is in the liquid, how many mls you vape and how deep you inhale into the lungs and for what duration of time.

No need to worry for what you have vaped already!
Nice bro..I feel I can't take any chances though..To each his own and all that jazz ya know?!? :thumbs:

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California

firephly, as always I think your Sales Compilations are truly amazing.

One correction needed though since I am paying attention to this one;

Mountain Oak Vapors;

SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 15% ON E-LIQUID WHEN BUYING 3 OR MORE BOTTLES ANY FLAVOR ANY SIZE ANY DAY!
THIS MEANS YOU CAN SAVE 30% ON 3 BOTTLES OR MORE THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY WITH JULY2015 AT CHECKOUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread