Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

paleh0rse

Jun 2, 2015
eventually these mods should be programable with a phone app. If they had bluetooth or nfc there wouldn't need to be a cable. Then there could be tons more options than three buttons could handle. To avoid the slipping-out-of-TC issue why not allow it to be optionally programmed so that it won't fire anything below .75 ohm or 1 ohm in Kanthal mode? I've always got my phone nearby so if I could configure a mod with that I wouldn't bother with the buttons. Bluetooth uses very little power, there could be an on/off for that, and the BT chipsets have to be dirt cheap.
That's one of the reasons I'm really excited about the open-source version of the new Whiteout. Many people, including myself, plan to dig deep into the firmware. Adding new wireless programmability might be one of the first hacks you'll see. ;)

I really need to see the board pin-out and code before I can know for sure, though...

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I got one on a lark. Nice backup TC mod for the family. Seems to be in the ballpark TC wise with a good atomizer and build. It has a few warts and some fuz on it so to speak, but costs less than a DNA200 chip wholesale. So for an inexpensive asian mass produced TC rig with some nice bells and whistles and a fat battery built in, yea I give it a thumbs up. I don't expect it to vape like a DNA40 or SX. I have some nice TC mods and enjoy them, but grabbing this rig when the others are on charge or I am getting in the hot tub is not slumming...it holds its own.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
If they are updating the 30 watt pulse in VW mode... That's a non issue for me. I've only used it on VW mode once.... To see if that pulse would fry out a nauti coil fit someone (it didn't). I've got my zna50 and variant clone for VW vaping.....tc only on this bad boy :p
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

I've used mine in VW and TC mode. Only thing I've seen in VW mode is I don't need to fire the thing for a 1/2 second before puffing to heat up the kanthral, usually around 1.5-2.0Ω No burnt coils or wicking at all using it with a variety of toppers.

Arch Gwen

Mar 29, 2013
Been using the Evic-vt with a ti coil on STmini for 14 days. I notice that dpending on how fast i screw toppers on the evic-vt, I would got differnt resisitance readings not by much.It happens on all my Ni builds too. But im thinking its the sampling rate of the ohm meter pulse and how much pressure is apply to evic spring load 510 connector giving me wrong readings. After afew mins I notice the EVIC would resample the resistance to the measure correct readings.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
While we're saying nice things about the vt I'll add this: I bought a Snow Wolf today and built a nice ni200 coil for my plume veil. Wicked it up and vaped away. I have little good to say about the wolf other than the power capacity. The reaction time of the chipset in tc mode is waaay slower than the vt. I could feel wide temp fluctuations as it bounced off tp. Coming out of sleep mode is painfully slower than the vt too. I owned it for about 4 hours before giving it away to my grandson, had to, I could see the reflection of the 200w label in his cloud chasing eyes!

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Another ti build this time on the FEV v3. It's good, no issues noticed from the wired base connections.

Res has been stable at .52 and not budged.

I tried a trick to get it locked cold right away.. The process.

A never powered fresh build wick and ready. You can have the screen on but never hit fire button while atty is reading.

Unlock atty ohms

Power off /on

Have atty attached but loose to 0 ohms

Get into the menu scroll down to atomizer and prepare to lock

Screw atty on and lock the res it will ask new coil when fired, it does not apply power at that point. Select new.

That's it..

The coil has never seen power at this point and the resistance is cold, accurate, and hasn't change for a day.

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Still running mine in Wattage mode. Just haven't gone back to the noisy Ego One Mega tank, although I contemplated about buying the CLR heads and some nickle wire. Real life has sucked my finances dry, so just running what I have for now.

I finally heard the ticking noise ;) Haven't had any issues with my device, and it's the first thing I consider taking with me.

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
So far I have been extremely impressed with the subtank mini. I did have an instant reminder of why I got away from pre built coils. It only took me about 3 hours to scorch the cotton on the coil that comes in the kit. I tried out the Nickle coils after. At this point i think i like the kanthal coils better. I did have the ohm issue and it was hard to find a warm vape I like. I really think i just have more testing to do... I did like the setup so much that i did this:

74ed37bd9e9ba1c83c79b8034d41055b.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

paleh0rse

Jun 2, 2015
Well, it's official. Macy from Joyetech had this to say in her latest email when I asked again when an updated version of the VT would be available:

"Just as have mentioned in the last email, there won't be new version recently. And what we are improving is in our later products."

It's all good, though. I'm content with what we have now.

Reactions: cigatron

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hmmm strange. A vendor here in Sweden needed to return a whole shipment of Evic VT due to a fault in it so I wonder if this Macy really knows what she talking about

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk
That could be a faulty batch..... No need for update, just replacing with non defective units :p

Reactions: becosemsaida

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Probably old news but the black and other skin colors for the VT are now available at masquevapor.com in Spain for my European colleagues

JOYETECH EVIC VT SKIN BLACK | MASQUEVAPOR.com

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2012
Portugal
My clear silicone sleeve has stretched to the point that it just falls of my VT. I'm hoping that when sleeves surface here in the US they will be made from a more durable material. I would even go for a clear jwrap if someone offered those.

There are some vids on youtube on how to get it to the former shape, if it works or lasts i don't know..... One of them is putting it in hot water for a few minutes and then cool it down fast..... try it out.

If you can get it back to it's original shape try some double-sided tape, it will stick longer.

beco

P.S: The sleeves that come with it are Chinese what did you expect?? Mine has the same problem but it's too hot for silicone here.....

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
There are some vids on youtube on how to get it to the former shape, if it works or lasts i don't know..... One of them is putting it in hot water for a few minutes and then cool it down fast..... try it out.

If you can get it back to it's original shape try some double-sided tape, it will stick longer.

beco

P.S: The sleeves that come with it are Chinese what did you expect?? Mine has the same problem but it's too hot for silicone here.....
Off to blanch my sleeve!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I've only taken the sleeve off a few times since I received it to clean the mod. The Evic VT has been my daily carry, and I feel more secure with the silicon sleeve. It hasn't slipped my hand, doesn't fly off the car seat while I'm driving, and stays firmly in my pants pocket while I'm working. It detracts from the beautiful paint job, but prevents damage, and I've drop just about every mod I've owned. So far with the Evic VT, not once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread