Please recommend Squape R vs. Kayfun 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase an RTA, I've narrowed it down to Squape R and kayfun 4, wondering which one you would recommend. I have a Vaporshark rDNA40 and currently vape at @ 10W with a nautilus Mini. I'm not looking for more clouds, this seems to be just right for me. I believe a single coil would be enough for me. I'm not looking into Nickel coils either. Price difference doesn't matter.

So what I'm looking for is:

- a well made, nice looking RTA that would be a pleasure to use
- durability - no parts that would wear fast (except gaskets)
- easy to use - refill, coil build, adjustments
- to be used around 10W with Kanthal coil(s)

Thanks!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
If you're looking into authentics, I'd say the Squape R. If you want a clone, I'd say the K4. I've heard the k4 clone is nearly as good as the authentic but the Squape R clones are pretty weak. I have both the Squape R and the K4 authentics. I prefer the Squape R. Better airflow, better flavor, better build quality ....better everything. Don't get me wrong, the k4 is really good and I have used Svoemesto stuff for a long time....but flavor and vapor wise, its only a slightly improved kayfun lite+. For me, the Squape R is much better. Unfortunately, not so with the clones.

ignotus

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2014
Texas
- a well made, nice looking RTA that would be a pleasure to use

Both are well made.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a Squape R, but couldn't get past the looks.

The v4 gives you several options in that regard. I prefer the M tank.

- easy to use - refill, coil build, adjustments

The v4 is probably more convenient when it comes to refilling. The Squape may be easier to build (?).

- to be used around 10W with Kanthal coil(s)

I would actually recommend the Kayfun Lite Plus at that wattage if you hadn't named the v4.

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I got my Squape R in August last year, put my Kayfun lite plus v2 down and haven't touched it again ever since.
In terms of ease of maintenance the Squape is hard to beat. It's very easy to build, has few parts and just works. The deck and bell being no-conductive gives a little bit extra peace of mind when it comes to shorts.
The topfill of the Kayfun 4 is certainly convenient, but i like that i can take a quick look at my coil and cotton when refilling the Squape.
Also, i like changing the airflow depending on mood and time of the day, which the K4 doesn't do easily.

Both attys are well made. In terms of durability, i cant speak for the K4, but after 6 months of daily use with the Squape, i haven't had any problems. There is only 1 o-ring around the base that seals the tank that could potentially need replacement, but it has held up nicely so far and came with a spare. The tolerances on it are so tight, that it would most likely seal even without the o-ring.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I also can't speak to the K4 but my Squape R is my favorite RTA, by a long shot. A distant second would be my authentic Aqua V2 and bringing up the rear are my Lemos and Billow. The SqR is ridiculously easy to build and even though it is not top fill, it is very easy to fill. I'll be buying a second one at some point and putting the Nano sized clear bell cap on it.

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
I have both the Squape R and the K4. Both authentics. If I'm being completely honest here, the Squape R completely exceeded expectations, and is by far my favorite RTA. The same can't be said for the K4 unfortunately. I was actually quite let down by it. Main reason, the flavor is considerably better on my Squape R. I was surprised by how much better it is, I was fully expecting the K4 to come close, due to all the raving it received at launch. The Squape is a wetter, more saturated vape, and also much more concentrated. Even when my K4 is to the point of OVERsaturated, the flavor is still not as concentrated as the Squape.

There's also the fact that the Squape assembly and parts are much simpler. There's less opportunities for things to go wrong. Its much easier and faster to clean. Its incredibly simple to build and wick. The AFC is very easy to adjust, with an incredibly satisfying click.

To me, the Squape is exquisite and well worth the price. The Kayfun is marginally better than a KFL, with top filling. I don't think those justify its more complicated assembly.

Thanks for this post caramel! I am currently looking at the same two atomizers. I run provaris mainly, and i have two p3's. I was considering a KF4 because it comes with the option of p3 connector but after reading here and a few other places I am convinced on a squape r. They now have the Squape r s as well which looks to be a slightly lower profile!

Reactions: caramel

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Meh I hate my K4. Without the plastic tank, it seeps everyone after filling and turning the juice control on. Not from air holes but from the section under that connects the metal/glass section (prolly due to o rings but since I use the plastic tank it doesn't matter). The vape is anemic in terms of saturation and wetness. It's the biggest grip I have, the thing just won't wick fast enough no matter what gauge I use (thicker wire gave me worse results, and thinner wire the flavor just won't become dense enough). I've tried countless wick configs, some better than others and true both rayon and cotton.

I wanted a squape r lately but I'm holding off on these classic low wattage type tanks to see what these companies do as their next move. I really love the build deck on it and how easy it is to build since you can leave your drill bit or whatever in the channel while you secure leads for a perfect position. But alas I'll see what happens.

On the other hand the subtank mini I bought as my first tank is phenomenal. The density of the vape and the efficiency of the wicking(too much one might even say) is superb. I have tried all manner of builds using even 22 gauge and having the airflow wide open and vaping at nearly 60 watts on a mech with the . To now my preffered 26 gauge or 28 gauge wih the airflow using the smallest hole and a thin bore drip tip, and the flavor is even better than my RDAs with even less vapor and a ton of saturation and wetness. I think this is because of the deck chamber you screw on, it has a nice taper going upward delivering the vape from such a compacted and reduced chamber. It's so wet at 15 watts it shoots fine spit ack up my pallete and leaves a nice film of flavor (not sticky surprisingly but more like a wet warm mist). Whoever designed this thing I doubt they realized how well they made the design. The aesthetics are a bit meh, but in terms of wanting to test flavors, this thing shines better than any atomisers I have tried to date. It seems the space in the Kayfun chamber/inefficient wicking of even 50/50 blends leads to this dry and loss of flavor vape that no matter what you do, won't get you the results this subtank is getting me.

The only reason I am hesitant on the squape is just thinking about if it will be as bad as the Kayfun. It looks insanely well machined and looks great at the smaller form factor when compared to the original reloaded, but I would kill myself if the vape quality is much worse than the subtank especially for that kind of money.

The thing that kills the Kayfun for me is the airflow control, what a piece of garbage, I got the S4 kit and I can tell you, if you don't have it set to the tightest draw, or you have the S4 kits with the single airflow setting, you have to suck hard for a mouth to lung. But since the airflow inlets are bored out so abundantly, you aren't creating enough vaccume to have juice flow throw those small holes of the tank section chamber chimney. Especially with e juice, I cant understand what they were thinking having those holes so small considering how thick juice is. It's very evident of a flawed design considering I can unscrew the section with the chimney intact, and still have a lot of juice not freely flowing from those vertical chimney holes unless I unscrew the drip tip section it then finally beings to flow of I hold it at an angle. Just utterly infuriating.

Meanwhile I can take a ton of drags on the subtank, flip it over fast and unscrew the tank off, look at the wick, and see the thing wet as much. As possibly can be as if I just dropped some juice on it. The wicking is unbelievably great even with 70/30 or 80/20 ratios. With the new premades coils having wider cutouts at the wick section on the side and the RBA section also having side cutouts as opposed to the bottom cutouts similar to the Kayfun. I imagine you can easily run Max VG juice and have it wick with no issues at all. It seems like it uses gravity to push he liquid even when you aren't taking a drag.

If I just knew how well the squape wicked and how the space and geometry is and how it relates to the deck, I would jump on that thing instantly with it's multiple decks. But seeing as how the subtank has a chimney that is a tube that fits directly over the coil (unlike the Kayfun which is a pyramid cone that covers the whole rebuildable deck stupidly) I think that's what creates that insanely dense flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread