Which Innokin battery/box should I buy, as a beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneelynn

Apr 30, 2014
Auburn, AL, USA
From shopping around, I did notice that I like innokin's iTaste series, but I'm not sure which one I should buy, as a beginner to the boxes, to learn on. I like the MVP 3, of course, but I am not sure if this will be too advanced for me. I am open to buying an earlier version of the MVP series or even the MVP 20W. I have tried to google this, but the "technical" talk is really confusing and I can't discern what's best for me.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
If at all possible find a vape shop in your neighborhood and check out the units in person, see if the size and weight suit you personally. You can still buy it online if the price difference is big enough (more that shipping would cost).

I have a MVP 20W and it is a nice reliable mod, if a bit large, heavy, very squarish, no beveled edges for comfort and for me an uncomfortable fire button. It vapes well and I mostly use it at home relaxing.

The MVP 3 30 watt is improved, but still somewhat large, weighty and square. Haven't tried one myself. For a beginner either one will work, which is better might depend on what sort of deal you can get on the MVP 2 vs. the MVP 3, also if you can handle one in person and judge your comfort would be a factor.

Also check some of the threads on ECF that discuss these and other mods where we can ask questions of you and talk over your options. We're a friendly bunch, and Little itty bitty mods under $100. | E-Cigarette Forum might be a good place to start...(and no you don't need to read all 132 pages to ask a question..;))

Reactions: DavidOck

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
My suggestion, if you know you like innokin products and are inclined to purchasing one of their mods, buy one that gives you the most options for experimenting. The 3.0 will do everything the 20w will, just as well, but gives you play room for trying out other things, like the isub tank for example. There is also the itaste 3.0 pro, a 60 watt version. That may be a little overkill for you though. Like mentioned above, specs on a sheet aren't the only factors, comfort and ease of use are as well. Both are simple to operate, but some don't like the position and tightness of the fire button on the 20w, some prefer it.... Get them in your hand and find one that works for you.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The MVP 3 is very big and heavy... I wouldn't get one, myself.

The simplest and the least expensive one to try is the MVP 20--it may be all you need at the beginning.

But if you're committed to vaping and know that you'll continue to vape and expand your horizons, the Cool Fire 4 may be your best choice--it's pretty, nice size, quite simple to use and still gives you plenty of room to grow.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stosh

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I myself love the MVP Series. Best built, most reliable built in my opinion. Just sold off 4- MVP2's and got a 20watt and a 30watt. Have not went to a 60 watt as I do not think I need it. Can say I had the 30 watt with me and it shut off when I was cutting lawn on my riding lawn mower. But then again I had a mechanical with a Kayfun and all the juice leaked out on my lawnmower so I no longer carry any vaporizer on the lawnmower with me. They are a little advanced for a beginner but when you get on to the MVP 3 you will be good for a long time. CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread