Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sometimes it's good to live in Europe. :)
Ordered it yesterday morning from Spain, received it today at 9.30 in Portugal. eheheh

Sometimes what makes me Laugh about the USPS is the tracking will do Nothing for like 4 or 5 Days. And then, in a Flurry, the Tracking will update and you can see where it has been on the Dates that it has been there.

Once in awhile this will even happen After my item has Arrived.

LOL

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
does there seem to be a top fill option or not really?
Somewhat but not entirely. The chimney is 2-piece so the top portion will come off together with the cap when unscrewing it. However, top-filling is still possible but only at about half-a-tankful because you would need to stop filling it once the juice reaches the top of the lower chimney section, and you would first need to make sure the lower chimney section is screwed onto the base very tight when you first build your coil or it will unscrew and expose the base when trying to refill it.

Very Cool eddiea. Can't wait to get mine.

From the Pictures, it looks like there might be a Little More room on the Deck than on the Regular Goblin. Do you have a Regular Goblin? And if so, how do the Deck Sizes compare?

Also, have you Noticed and Condensation or Leaking at the base from the Air Inlet Holes?
I don't have the original Goblin although I seriously considered it.

Let us know how things go when you receive your Goblin Mini...chances are you'll be satisfied with it.

I can answer some of this. lol
I didn't compare the decks before building the Mini. Eitherway, it didn't seem that much of a difference - but I could be wrong. One thing I noticed is that the wick channels are bigger, or at least they seem so as the deck isn't so high; when I build the goblin, I always catch some resistance from the wick when I'm screwing the base of the chimney. On the mini there was no such thing.

Been vaping the Mini all afternoon and there was a little bit of condensation but nothing worth worrying. I'm vaping with the airflow almost on the Min, which can change somewhat the condensation level.
Leaks - none. :)

I'm really loving the Mini. It is really, really a good idea, turned into a very good product. Youde is nailing it these days.

Also, a note: this thing rocks with Clapton dual coils on the Ego One. It's a match made in heaven!
Thanks for your input re: zoiDman's post.

Re: the Clapton, that's a wicked coil but I'm sure it's too hot for my preference. I built a parallel coil on my EHPro Buddha Mini a few weeks ago and it was a hot vape, so I can only imaging the heatflux of a Clapton coil.

Sounds like you're enjoying your Goblin Mini as much as I am. Excellent.

Glad I ordered one last night then. Eciggity ships from Hawaii sooooo... it might take a while to get here to Georgia. Wish they offered colored tanks as the replacement tank, but maybe I'll pick one up in the future or from Fasttech when/if they have them.

So the top fill aspect of the tank is a complete no-go I guess. I wonder why someone at Youde (or at least their fb page) kept saying that it was. Either way, its not a major concern for me as long as the tank works well. The plug seems nice, I was imagining something smaller but I'm glad they made something for those of us who like single coils. I'm so used to condensation from my other tanks that if there is a little on this, it wouldn't bother me.
You can get pyrex tanks in any available color from Origin Vape here:
Goblin Mini Tank & Drip Tip - Origin Vape

Yeah, a true dedicated top-fill feature would've been a bonus indeed.

Enjoy your Goblin Mini. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with it.

Sometimes what makes me Laugh about the USPS is the tracking will do Nothing for like 4 or 5 Days. And then, in a Flurry, the Tracking will update and you can see where it has been on the Dates that it has been there...
A couple of months ago USPS goofed and shipped my vapemail from San Diego to Texas and it took around two weeks to arrive...I'm in south Orange County which is about an hour away from San Diego.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Yeah, I order a lot of stuff online so I know exact routes my packages are supposed to take, and sometimes the USPS will screw things up something awful. One time a package went from New York to New Jersey (and I'm in PA; it should've went from Flushing, NY to Warrendale, PA) and another time a package actually came to PA and then left PA to end up in Illinois. That second package could've arrived on day 3-4 instead it took till like day 11.

siniux

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 10, 2010
Portugal
I want to see! Pics?

Here you go.
They're "lazy Clapton Coils", build using Youde wire.

IMG_20150703_155315.jpg
IMG_20150703_155328.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here you go.
They're "lazy Clapton Coils", build using Youde wire.

View attachment 468598 View attachment 468599

From these Pictures, the Deck size does look to be about the Same as the Regular Goblin. But the e-Liquid channels do look Much Larger.

Also, The Fill Port Hole looks like it might be a Tad Bigger. Which would make Filling with a Blunt Needle easier at Lower gauges.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So anyone get theirs and mess around with it yet? Just got mine in the mail today. I'm cleaning it in my ultrasonic cleaner with some other atomizers and random vaping crap, then I'm gonna give it a go. But first thoughts.. this thing is super tiny! Looks well machined.. extra tank and drip tip is nice too.

Sorry. With the 4th I kinda forgot to get back this this thread.

Mine Arrived. Love it.

The Machining is Top Notch. Fit and Finish if Great. And like you said, this thing is Super TINY.

The Build Deck is Small. But I was able to fit a 3mm Diameter - 7 Loop Coil on it without too much Effort. The Single Coil Plug/Volume Reducer is a Great Feature. Because I like running Single Coils over Dual Coil. The Screws make Good Contact in the Post Holes. And the e-Liquid Slots are Nice and Wide.

Filling isn't to bad. I Don't like the Slotted Screw. A Phillips Screw is Easier to Take In and Take Out. But the Fill Hole Easily Excepts an 18ga Blunt Needle. So Filling is a Snap.

I also like that they Included a Standard Drip Tip adapter so you Can Use any Drip Tip you Want. The Glass Tip that it comes with Isn't Bad. But I like Flat Drip Tips.

The Air Flow is the Nicest I have seen to Date. It is Incredible Easy to Adjust it. And have Infinite Control as to How Much or How Little you want.

The Favor is Very Good. Like I said, I'm running a Single Coils. Not having any Problem with Dry Hits. The Vapor product is great Also.

I haven't had any Issues with Leaking. And I haven't been Extremely Careful doing Wick Sculpting. Just make a Bow Tie. Put the RBA Barrel on. And then Cut the Wick even with the Side of the Barrel.

I have seen a VERY Small amount of Moister on the Underside of the Base. But I think this is More from My habit of doing a Primer Puff when I take a Hit. Not Flooding or Puking though. And I have Left it on its side Many Times to Check it.

Overall I would Give it a Solid 9.0 on the 1 ~ 10 Scale.

I'll try an get a Picture Posted of the Goblin Mini on an iStick Mini 20W. The Height of those Two Together is Actually Shorter than my Kangxin Mini VF?

LOL

Reactions: coustain

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I've finally gotten the hang of building my Kayfuns right on a regular basis. But then again, they are known for being easy to work with right? With other tanks, I've had more trouble and issues, mostly due to my own errors and suckiness at building. I'll definitely be running a single coil build in here. My usual 8-10 wraps at about roughly 1.2-1.4 ohms should do hopefully. Should the ends of the wicks go into the juice channels or just float above it?

On another note... there are some sharp edges somewhere on the tank. I just gave myself a nice little cut on my finger... equivalent to a paper cut.. but a bloody one. Be careful lol.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I figured out a very easy way to enable top-filling with the Goblin mini, this thing is my favorite tank now!

I just took a piece of 28g nickle wire and wrapped it around the top thread on the chimney cover (where it meets the chimney sleeve) I then twisted the ends so it tightens up on the chimney cap, and clipped off the extra wire.

Now when you screw the chimney cap on tightly it stops because of the nickle wire and stays attached to the base, and you can remove the top cap for easy filling.

I'll post pics later but it's a pretty simple process, shouldn't need pics to figure it out ;)

Reactions: KentA

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I figured out a very easy way to enable top-filling with the Goblin mini, this thing is my favorite tank now!

I just took a piece of 28g nickle wire and wrapped it around the top thread on the chimney cover (where it meets the chimney sleeve) I then twisted the ends so it tightens up on the chimney cap, and clipped off the extra wire.

Now when you screw the chimney cap on tightly it stops because of the nickle wire and stays attached to the base, and you can remove the top cap for easy filling.

I'll post pics later but it's a pretty simple process, shouldn't need pics to figure it out ;)

OK... But there is still Nothing holding the Glass Tank to the Base.

And how much e-Liquid can you put in the Tank using this Method? Seem like the Lions share of the 3ml resides in the Top Portion of the Tank.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
The seal at the base is L-shaped so it holds it in place, not tightly, but enough that it doesn't cause issues (assuming you're are careful) Definitely not as easy to fill as something like a Lemo 2, but for me I'd rather use this method than use the bottom-fill

Capacity seems pretty close, you might get an extra half a mil in there (if that) by bottom-filling but the top cap doesn't hold nearly as much liquid as it does in the original goblin, once the chimney screws up into it there is really just a thin little channel around the outside that gives extra space.

A few pics of the nickle build I'm running right now 28g .059 running 28J @480F vapes very similarly to the regular goblin but I think the airflow is much smoother on the mini, the threads are a lot better too.

image.jpg

image.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The seal at the base is L-shaped so it holds it in place, not tightly, but enough that it doesn't cause issues (assuming you're are careful) Definitely not as easy to fill as something like a Lemo 2, but for me I'd rather use this method than use the bottom-fill ...

Yeah... I'm Vaping on a Goblin Mini right now.

Maybe I am Missing the Top Filling concept. Can you post a Picture of when the Top is Off?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Absolutely! Sorry about that, I was planning to post up some top fill pics but got side-tracked building my other mini ;) Second pic shows how full it gets via top-fill which is about the same size bubble I leave when bottom filling anyway, so it works out great for me!

ffffasss.jpg

OK... Now I see what is Going on.

Sure. That is about as full as it is going to get. A Little Dicey with the Glass just sitting on the Seal. But I might have to Try it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was looking to get a RTA for when I am sick of dripping. Would the goblin mini be a better choice than the lemo 2? Thanks

If I was going to have only 1 RTA, or if it was My 1st RTA,I would go with the Lemo 2 or Knager Subtank Mini over the Goblin.

The Goblin Mini is Very Cool. And a great RTA. But I got it for it's Size.

My Subtank Mini is Much Easier to Build On. And is Much Easier to fill.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Hey guys, I kinda ran into a little problem. I just put a coil in my mini but none of my mods will read it. It's not my mods since I've tried it on 3 different devices, I think there's something up with my deck. I did remove some of O rings when I washed all my parts out, but I put them back. I don't know what possibly could be missing from the deck. Any ideas? I know the center pin is touching since the ends are the same size as my other tanks and I've even extended the pin a little. There must be something shorting it? I just get a "No atomizer" or "Check atomizer" now.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey guys, I kinda ran into a little problem. I just put a coil in my mini but none of my mods will read it. It's not my mods since I've tried it on 3 different devices, I think there's something up with my deck. I did remove some of O rings when I washed all my parts out, but I put them back. I don't know what possibly could be missing from the deck. Any ideas? I know the center pin is touching since the ends are the same size as my other tanks and I've even extended the pin a little. There must be something shorting it? I just get a "No atomizer" or "Check atomizer" now.

Is the Coil Touching the RBA Barrel?

Reactions: KentA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread