Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
The coupon code would not work for me. Saved me 100% I suppose.
And they only seemed to have 4 oz sizes of all the CAP flavors I was interested in.
Just guessing the sale runs Friday through Sunday? You can save your 100% or give it another whirl tomorrow.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
ProVape will have their standard 10% off on "everything" the 3rd-5th with code JULY4, which is why I thought the other place might only be valid on those dates. It'd be nice to be rich. :)
Wouldn't it though. I think I would like to suffer thru the problems of the rich for my remaining years.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Me three!
Whenever people have told me that spectacular-looking women were more trouble than they were worth, I've always said that I'll conduct my own tests and not take someone else's word for it.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
My husband says I should just get the dragon. :D Maybe he's sick of hearing me talk about it.

Whenever people have told me that spectacular-looking women were more trouble than they were worth, I've always said that I'll conduct my own tests and not take someone else's word for it.
:lol: After hearing the ANTZ say one drop of liquid on your skin will severely poison you, I trust a lot fewer people these days.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Not to get too philosophical, but, if it's a matter of either/or, I'd much rather be blessed than rich!
Well, by rich I meant having enough money not to worry about things like car repairs, medical bills, another liter of nic or buying a mod you've been admiring for a year. Blessed is good--El Whacko is over the top but we wouldn't ever want to be without him--too much money would be a PITA plus you'd suddenly have a whole bunch of "friends" dropping by, not to mention the IRS.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I plan on doing the dry-firing bit with the whole collection of coils, maybe even pre-wick them, not snipping the extra wire. Anyone ever do this? I would think it is essential for doing the dual thing. What is the advantage of duals over singles, when total ohms are the same?
To add to your great answers, when you install the duals, you want to break them in gently, by slowly pulsing them and making sure that they're lighting up together. They may not at first, but keep pulsing and cue'ing them, and they'll come around. It will also get rid of any hot legs, so I really see no reason to fire them ahead of time. And jup, use a very light touch with the coil jig. hope you got a good one.

Then somebody pointed out a 40% off sale on TFA flavors at ecigexpress. Fortunately, when I went to the site, there did not appear to be any TFA flavors. Unfortunately, I opened my mouth about it and was told that their Signature line was actually TFA. Fortunately, there did not appear to be any 40% discount. Unfortunately, I opened my mouth about it and the code was given.
You're the most unfortunately fortunate person I've ever seen! :laugh:

If you build a dual coil setup at 1+ ohms (actually 2 1+ ohm coils) you have a lot of wire to heat up. Not good w/ a mech.
how come it's bad? I do this with the Reo. Dual coils that net about 1.3 ohms. I just get better flavor than with a single 1.3 coil, more throat and overall better vape. But should I not be doing this? I do 8 wraps per coil on a 2mm rod with 30g kanthal.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Fellow older folks: here is my proof that Taylor Swift is legit. Of course, if you never thought Def Leppard was legit, my proof is unlikely to sway you.

Edit: I accidentally put the above video on the wrong Porch. Adding vape-related comment:

Even though I haven't yet received the flavorings I ordered from ecigexpress last week (they might get here today), I could not resist the 40% off sale they're running through July 5th with coupon code 4THOFJULYMIXER. Ordered 2 liters of 100mg/ml nicotine for $64, shipping included.

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Well, by rich I meant having enough money not to worry about things like car repairs, medical bills, another liter of nic or buying a mod you've been admiring for a year. Blessed is good--El Whacko is over the top but we wouldn't ever want to be without him--too much money would be a PITA plus you'd suddenly have a whole bunch of "friends" dropping by, not to mention the IRS.
You just pay accountants to do all that money stuff for ya. Friends will always be welcome, and I would be generous with them. I have no problems running the money leeches off.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Well for my coiling tool.
Get the rod i want and have that in.
Thread some wire through the hole ,leaving about an inch that I hold onto along with the longest part of the tool wind the shorter end , I do one more wrap than what I need.
Pull the coil off , then put it back on then with pliers grab the length of wire thats closest to the longer length of the tool and gently pull it so one wrap is taken off. Find the first wrap can be scrappy and many people do this.
Then I put the coil/s onto the old coil wand or a drill bit would work to hold them whilst securing to the atty.
Or your coil tool may be ok. My one is great for wrapping but the rod that your coils wrap around is too short to be manoeuvrable on an arty deck. Then you just position your coil and secure.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Well got a drill and some more wire.
Turns out was using the wrong base wire and because of that too few wraps for these clapton coils.
I can use my usual 26g for the base and got some 30g to wrap around.
Also with the drill I can straighten wire and do the twisted coils faster and possibly tighter/neater.
Also got some more nichrome 26 g wire , this stuff is ok ,

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
My husband says I should just get the dragon. :D Maybe he's sick of hearing me talk about it.

:lol: After hearing the ANTZ say one drop of liquid on your skin will severely poison you, I trust a lot fewer people these days.

Quick, break out the plastic card an go for it. :D

To add to your great answers, when you install the duals, you want to break them in gently, by slowly pulsing them and making sure that they're lighting up together. They may not at first, but keep pulsing and cue'ing them, and they'll come around. It will also get rid of any hot legs, so I really see no reason to fire them ahead of time. And jup, use a very light touch with the coil jig. hope you got a good one.

You're the most unfortunately fortunate person I've ever seen! :laugh:

how come it's bad? I do this with the Reo. Dual coils that net about 1.3 ohms. I just get better flavor than with a single 1.3 coil, more throat and overall better vape. But should I not be doing this? I do 8 wraps per coil on a 2mm rod with 30g kanthal.

'Bad' might have been a bit strong. Not really bad for the mech/batt as in doing damage - just that it's a lot of wire to heat up. Thing about it - that's 16 wraps of wire to get glowing. Maybe that's why your changing batts at ~3.9 volts. I'm using single coils at 1 to 1.2Ωs and still getting a good vape down to 3.6 volts. But geez - if it's working for you and you like it - it's surely not bad - eh? ;)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I will give duals a chance, and see if I like it. If it means changing batteries more frequently, once will be enough.

Num-num doesn't like flat-tops. Since I will be getting another Nemesis, and I only have two button-tops in my collection, if anyone has some button tops to trade for two nearly virgin VTC4 18650's and one e-fest 18350, I would appreciate it.

Otherwise, maybe some advice on what to use as a spacer (will stay in place) to make a flat-top function like a button-top would be appreciated. Would these work? $0.99 Round Super Strong Rare-Earth Magnets (5-Pack) 5-pack - 5mm*1mm / perfect for use on batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping or maybe these $1.15 Round Super Strong Rare-Earth Neodymium NIB Magnets (10-Pack) 10-pack - 5mm*1.5mm / perfect for use on batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

I agree, go for it. While it's usually easier to get forgiveness than permission, you already have the permission, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread