RDA Tugboat V2 RDA - Slam Cap vs. Anarchist Competition Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
Hi all,

I was hoping someone with experience with either the Slam or Competition Cap could chime in and help me with a quick compare/contrast. I understand that the six air holes in the Competition cap will give more airflow, but I think that having 12 open air holes at all times without any air control might be a bit much. I understand that the Slam Cap is fixed as well, but maybe 6 air holes may be easier to digest. The Tugboat is not by any means going to serve as my cloud chasing rda. I'm looking to maximize the best flavor in the Tugboat while producing more clouds than the stock Tugboat cap. Am I over exaggerating the airflow in the Competition Cap, or would the Slam Cap be a better choice?

And in case it helps anyone giving me a suggestion, I'll be using it on a Tugboat [Cerakoted/Copper] Mech mod.

Thanks in advance!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I run the Slam on a v2. Flavor is unreal. I think it is much better than my Derri. If you want flavor go with the Slam Cap. It's a no brainer. It is a lot of coin for a cap but well worth the price. Here are some pics. .2ohm build on my sig. I pummel juice with this at 60 to 80 watts. With some juices it is too much flavor. Way too much. I have comp caps as well. Think CLT....tons of air....it's like an apple and an orange when comparing a Slam with a Comp.
uploadfromtaptalk1435905198432.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1435905207735.jpg

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
I run the Slam on a v2. Flavor is unreal. I think it is much better than my Derri. If you want flavor go with the Slam Cap. It's a no brainer. It is a lot of coin for a cap but well worth the price. Here are some pics. .2ohm build on my sig. I pummel juice with this at 60 to 80 watts. With some juices it is too much flavor. Way too much. I have comp caps as well. Think CLT....tons of air....it's like an apple and an orange when comparing a Slam with a Comp. View attachment 468564 View attachment 468565

Hey W.R. from looking at your pic the slam cap looks to be sitting up above the oring. Does it sit flush with the deck against the mod or is it too tight to go past the oring?

Where did you get yours from, Flawless? A local shop has it for $50 but I here they are $30 online.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hey W.R. from looking at your pic the slam cap looks to be sitting up above the oring. Does it sit flush with the deck against the mod or is it too tight to go past the oring?

Where did you get yours from, Flawless? A local shop has it for $50 but I here they are $30 online.
The Slammed Caps fit flush.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
I was planning on using my Derringer drip tip on it since it is the shortest tip I have and I don't like hot metal tips. I think it would look good too.

I came home yesterday and went to take the Derringer off my Vapor Flask and the drip tip was melted by the bottom oring and won't fit tight. Looks like the flask auto fired some how the coils were charred, cotton burned all the way through and the smell was horrible. Cleaned it up, dry burned the char off and have ever thing pulled apart and soaking in alcohol over night.

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
I was planning on using my Derringer drip tip on it since it is the shortest tip I have and I don't like hot metal tips. I think it would look good too.

I came home yesterday and went to take the Derringer off my Vapor Flask and the drip tip was melted by the bottom oring and won't fit tight. Looks like the flask auto fired some how the coils were charred, cotton burned all the way through and the smell was horrible. Cleaned it up, dry burned the char off and have ever thing pulled apart and soaking in alcohol over night.

That sucks. I hope it was a one time ordeal, especially considering that you're using such a high quality mod. That started happening to my iStick 50w about 3 months in, and that scared the hell out of me.

I just got a phone call from Flawless today, saying that they ran out of black, and that it would be approximately 2 weeks before they get their stock replenished. Bummer! :facepalm:

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
That sucks. I hope it was a one time ordeal, especially considering that you're using such a high quality mod. That started happening to my iStick 50w about 3 months in, and that scared the hell out of me.

I just got a phone call from Flawless today, saying that they ran out of black, and that it would be approximately 2 weeks before they get their stock replenished. Bummer! :facepalm:

That sucks I was real close to getting the black one, I got the brushed instead. I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation or tracking yet from them just an order confirmation after I placed the order.

Reactions: Niloy63

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
That sucks I was real close to getting the black one, I got the brushed instead. I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation or tracking yet from them just an order confirmation after I placed the order.

I think the brushed looks great. But since I'm using it on a black cerakoted Tugboat Mech Mod, the black cerakoted slam cap would be a perfect match. I'm getting to impatient. lol

What mod are you using? When you get it, you should post a pic of what you're brushed Slammed Cap looks like on your RDA/Mod.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I pulled the trigger on the $20 SS mod, a tugboat v2 and slammed cap during the sale also. I got a tracking number Monday morning and the shipping is 1-3 days. I'm hoping it's comparable on the flavor side of things to my derringer because I sure have been jonsing for a tugboat for a couple of months.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
Just pulled the trigger on the slammed cap on sale. How is shipping from Flawless?

Shipping is pretty fast, email/customer service is not, i've had a lot of experience with it this past week lol I originally ordered a black/dark blue spatter tugboat v2 RDA back on the 1st? Whenever the sale first started it showed up the 3rd day after I ordered it only it wasn't the RDA, they shipped me the v2 mod black with dark blue splatter and a dark blue vapesox by mistake.

I had also ordered a Zombie splatter v1 mod for the $30 flash sale the next day on the 2nd both items showed up the same day but I couldn't use the v2 with the cap because I now didn't have a tugboat deck. Went to local vape shop and the guy hooked me up with a used and a bit janky I think its a clone tugboat deck for free which I got working pretty good and threw it on the v2 mod and this thing is amazing, it's like clouds AND flavor for days.

I guess because its a slammed cap but it's 24mm wide you get a higher volume airflow/juice density while still maintaining the short distance from the coils to the drip tip it's just an insane vape. I haven't used any other mod since. I've emailed them about the mistake but didn't hear back in time so ordered a zombie splatter v2 RDA for the 67 bucks or whatever it was the last day of the sale to go with my v1 zombie splatter mod, which should be here tomorrow, curious to see how good this thing vapes with an authentic non janky deck on it but this was like the best mistake ever, I don't know if they're gonna ask me to send back the v2 mod or what but damn I really want to keep it now lol.

Reactions: Niloy63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread