Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I work in an industrial plant that processes soybeans into various edible things. Once a year we pay a rabbi around 10k to come out to the plant for about an hour to give us his blessing, ie be a kosher facility. This allows us more of a customer base.

Hmm, maybe I should become a Rabbi. $10,000/hour, doesn't sound like a bad gig! No it does not!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I would like to humbly extend my deepest, and most sincere apologies to the peoples of the African American/black community, and the Little People community.
I have only just been informed by our wonderful moderation staff here at the ECF, that a post I made a short while back (some 50 odd posts and two days ago), was wildly offensive and in poor taste.
Please forgive my wicked ways, as no offense was intended. This post is, of course, in NO WAY written out of sarcasm nor is it an attempt at thinly veiled satire, aimed at my dearest of friends, and our beloved moderator, Spencer87.
Thank you, kind sir, for always watching out for me, and reminding me of everything that I do incorrectly. I appreciate it more than you will ever know, and I hope that you can forgive me, and understand that I will seek any and all means of avoiding your scorn in the future.
I shall impose a ban upon myself, so as to spare anyone the trouble of having to do any extra work on my behalf.

Reactions: Bronze

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sorry to see you go HB. I, myself, have had posts deleted because they might be offensive to some group or another. I took it in stride; I know what I meant and it wasn't to offend anyone.

Now, back to kitties! I think Sera looks like an Ocicat.

These are Ocicats:

ociat_2.jpg
ocicat_1.jpg

This is a Sera cat:

Sera_ocicat_profile.jpg

It's hard to get a good shot of the pattern, since she won't hold still and her fur is ticked, so it's shiny.

Sera_ocicat_spots_2.jpg
Sera_ocicat_spots_1.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Every once in a while I'm forced to try to image the multitude of beatings I'd have received, in 1972ish, if I came home crying because somebody made fun of me at school that day.

And I'm sure glad that grew up then instead of now. Back then it was ALL (and ONLY) about the intent. No combination of words, in and of themselves, would be enough to insult someone.

Just yesterday, Ping had some fun at my expense - and at Kat's too for that matter (in another thread) .

It wasn't just a little bit funny; it was VERY funny. And I thank my father, older brother, and all the kids in my neighborhood, for teaching me how to recognize innocuous humor - even when it might be related to me.

We've lost touch with ourselves, and that makes me sad. Yes it does.

Pretty kitty there, TO. :)

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Sorry to see you go HB. I, myself, have had posts deleted because they might be offensive to some group or another. I took it in stride; I know what I meant and it wasn't to offend anyone.

Now, back to kitties! I think Sera looks like an Ocicat.

These are Ocicats:

ociat_2.jpg
ocicat_1.jpg

This is a Sera cat:

Sera_ocicat_profile.jpg

It's hard to get a good shot of the pattern, since she won't hold still and her fur is ticked, so it's shiny.

Sera_ocicat_spots_2.jpg
Sera_ocicat_spots_1.jpg

Sera is BEAUTIFUL TO!! Yes she is!! And quite fitting for our favorite forum Feline! Meow!

On HBManOfTheCorpseDude's newest fair-thee-well:

I'm saddened and since I remember the "offending" post, I simply don't understand how anyone could have interpreted it to have been anything other than harmless humor? But Dear HB, I'm going to publicly tell you to "Man-Up Dude!" Many of us have crossed the line (whether intentional or not) and many of us have been censored, or even banned for a period of time. But that didn't make any of us "self-banish" ourselves. And you shouldn't either.

Nuff said.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
On a good note. Plasma Tank is out for delivery! I'm off today and tomorrow's our 35th anniversary! We've decided to have dinner at home, but it's a gonna be quite a meal. I'm making a home made, from scratch Marinara sauce (a bit spicey). I'll then be steaming two whole lobsters, de-shelling them plus lump crab over linguini!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sera is BEAUTIFUL TO!! Yes she is!! And quite fitting for our favorite forum Feline! Meow!

On HBManOfTheCorpseDude's newest fair-thee-well:

I'm saddened and since I remember the "offending" post, I simply don't understand how anyone could have interpreted it to have been anything other than harmless humor? But Dear HB, I'm going to publicly tell you to "Man-Up Dude!" Many of us have crossed the line (whether intentional or not) and many of us have been censored, or even banned for a period of time. But that didn't make any of us "self-banish" ourselves. And you shouldn't either.

Nuff said.

Excellent, Sir Rod. Thank you, and I hope he follows your advice. Come on back, HB.

It's because you are loved.

Awwwww.... thanks, Ping. :wub:

You can have your futon back (if you ever need it, of course).

On a good note. Plasma Tank is out for delivery! I'm off today and tomorrow's our 35th anniversary! We've decided to have dinner at home, but it's a gonna be quite a meal. I'm making a home made, from scratch Marinara sauce (a bit spicey). I'll then be steaming two whole lobsters, de-shelling them plus lump crab over linguini!

As are two Kabukis (out for delivery)! WOOT!

So you two met at a fireworks display? I know it's none of my business, but I can't help but wonder. Happy-Almost-Anniversary, just by the way. :D

And Lolz, Jim - you ARE the phattest...!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Excellent, Sir Rod. Thank you, and I hope he follows your advice. Come on back, HB.

Awwwww.... thanks, Ping. :wub:

You can have your futon back (if you ever need it, of course).

As are two Kabukis (out for delivery)! WOOT!

So you two met at a fireworks display? I know it's none of my business, but I can't help but wonder. Happy-Almost-Anniversary, just by the way. :D

And Lolz, Jim - you ARE the phattest...!

No, we were already dating. It's the night we decided to make a commitment to build our lives together as a monogamous couple. We did however, go to the Mall at the Washington Monument in DC that night to see the fireworks, while the National Symphony Orchestra played the 1812 Overture. To be honest, it was one of the most memorable nights of my life and a memory I will treasure forever!

Thanks Jim (Ps: Never be afraid to ask me anything!)

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I can delete Annie.... Igotsthepower!!! Bwaahahahahahahaha! :evil:

Delete Annie?? My wife and I waited months to get tickets for it and it was the best broadway play I've been to. Andriea McArdle was just amazing. Don't be a Miss Hannigan.

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Delete Annie?? My wife and waited months to get tickets for it and it was the best broadway play I've been to. Andriea McArdle was just amazing. Don't be a Miss Hannigan.

Charlie and I saw her in the role as well Ping. She was really great in it. I wouldn't call Annie the highlight of my musical hot list though. Some later shows took higher spots in my loved 'em list. Les Miserable, Wicked, The Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon all come out a pretty big smidge higher. Yes they do!

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
The lil kitties are gonna luv that!!!

Yes they will.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Charlie and I saw her in the role as well Ping. She was really great in it. I wouldn't call Annie the highlight of my musical hot list though. Some later shows took higher spots in my loved 'em list. Les Miserable, Wicked, The Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon all come out a pretty big smidge higher. Yes they do!

I had to sit through A chorus line, and Cats. Phantom of the opera was great. The king and i was so so. Annie will always be my favorite. I guess because we took my parents and my wife's parents with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread