Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone!

About three weeks ago I was contacted by a Yocan rep about reviewing their final revision (production version) of the Favotank. I was honored they asked me and gladly accepted.

Favotank

The Favotank is a sub-ohm tank within the same category as the Subtank, Atlantis, Freemax Starre, Meganus, Arctic, Herakles, etc,

acyvvB8.jpg

What sets the Favotank apart from the above, it's claim to fame so-to-say, is the 'Wickless Coil.' Directly from the packaging, 'The WICKLESS coil is built with ceramic sticks which provide a purer and more tasty vape.' This is a super interesting concept and something I was excited to try. It's not wickless, but it does not use the current industry standard fibrous wick.

Packaging
Everything comes neatly packed in a slide-out package, almost like the drawer of a dresser. The box has a scratch-off section to verify authenticity.

LWNGNg8.jpg

cnkpAdT.jpg

The box comes with the tank (obvi), glass drip tip, 1 'Wickless' 0.5Ω Coil (rated for 20-35W), 1 OCC 0.5Ω Coil (rated for 20-150W?!?!), 1 OCC 0.2Ω Coil (rated for 20-60W), a spare glass section, a unique serialized Yocan card, a card explaining each coil, and a user manual.

I guess this is the best place to put this... Upon opening, there was a strong smell of 'new,' that's the best way I can describe it. I'm pretty sure it was not machine oil because I looked it over pretty closely and saw no residue, but it may have been. It was something. So I gave it a bath in isopropyl alcohol and a good scrub with a toothbrush and it eliminated the smell mostly. The smell and taste remained in the coil for about one tank full being run through the it, then went away.

Capacity
The Favotank has a large reservoir for juice and holds approximately 4.8mL! It's good, because like all sub-ohm tanks this thing is really thirsty.

Airflow
The Favotank has an AFC ring that clicks into place with 4 airflow settings. All airflow options are single-sided. The smallest setting is a single 2.5mm diameter hole, the next setting up has two 2.5mm holes next to one another, the third setting is a cyclops airflow measuring 2.5mm by 6.5mm, and lastly another cyclops airflow measuring 2.5mm by 9.5mm.

4YHnVbR.jpg

How Does It Vape?
I have always been an RTA or RDA kind of guy as I'm all about flavor, so the prebuilt coils bring me back to when I first started vaping, except I would have been much more satisfied using this. I can see the perks of the simplicity of these tanks, just fill and go.

0.5Ω OCC: As an introduction to sub-ohm tanks, I'd say this is a great place to start. The tank comes with the 0.5Ω OCC coil already installed, so after a good wash I filled it up with some DIY strawberry custard (50PG/50VG as Yocan suggests) I made earlier this month. I first tried it at 30W on my iStick 50W. It produced a nice cool vape with good vapor production. Next I turned it up to 50W, maxing out the iStick, and this coil really started to shine. Great medium-warm vapor production and pretty great flavor. I was impressed! Now, if you read above, the wattage range for the 0.5Ω OCC is 20-150W. That's a pretty aggressive claim, so I put it on my Snow Wolf 200W and started turning the wattage up. I set it at 70W and started to see a little bit of difficulty arise... Not much, but on a few hits I could taste hints that the wick wasn't keeping up. So I put a different juice in that was a little thinner and I got it up to 90W where I could tell danger was approaching.

Why anyone would want to vape at that wattage is beyond me, but I thought I'd give it a try. Do I think this coil can hit 150W and give a satisfying vape? No. Maybe if you had the right juice and everything was working perfectly, you could maybe hit 120W... But 150W is pretty intense.

0.2Ω OCC: This coil was fantastic throughout the suggested wattage range (20-60W), no dry hits, good flavor, and great vapor. If anything, this coil's wattage range could be expanded a bit. I took it up to 80W with little issue. The sweet spot for this coil was definitely right at 60W for me.

0.5Ω 'Wickless' (Ceramic) Coil: Let me begin by saying it is not wickless, it does not use a fibrous wick like silica, cotton, or rayon, but instead uses a hollow ceramic stick. Oh my gosh... I can't even begin to tell you. I was skeptical at first, but now I am a believer. I primed the coil minimally with the strawberry custard juice, put it in the tank, did a few priming pulls, set my iStick at 30W and we were good to go. First, the flavor from this thing is incredible. I don't think I've ever tasted a flavor this pure from a tank, it's rivaling my RDA's. Second, it makes absolutely no noise, no crackling that comes with the OCC coils. It's a stealth vaper's dream. Third, the vapor production is impressive for 30W. Lastly, I really like this. It's pretty cool.

AMzSG4I.jpg

LQ1O1fX.jpg

Pro's and Con's
Pro's:
It comes with a lot of stuff, very easy to set up, large capacity, the 'wickless' coils are awesome, comes with 3 coils to start, comes with an extra glass section, no leaking at all (yet), spring-loaded 510, AFC ring clicks into place, easy to fill, great flavor for a tank.

Con's: Needed extensive cleaning before vaping, single-side airflow is limiting for those who like cloudz, no top fill (it's still easy to fill though), cumbersome, seemingly no difference in airflow between the two largest options (limited by coil intakes)

Overall, I would definitely give the Favotank a recommend for first time sub-ohm tank users or for anyone looking to try a different kind of coil. I enjoyed this tank mainly because it produced some great flavor, but the vapor wasn't bad either.

BMIaCyh.jpg

HI2bken.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Vape Happy,
Cullin Kin

Last edited by a moderator:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Thank you very much for the insight. Subscribed as well. Does look like a pretty nice tank.

Thanks buddy. :) I was actually rather impressed by this tank, after the extensive cleaning of course. I added a little blurb for people who have already subscribed to my channel through the other contest. :)

Reactions: Wraith504
so does any one know where to get replacement coils for this tank ? i was under the impression i would need to order specific yocan favotank coils , either the occ .2 , oc .5 or the wickless ceramic coil but i do not see them for sale any where . is there a chance a coil for another tank fits / works or can one rebuild the favotank coils ? mine have held out but i was on the hunt as far as a back up goes as my ceramic wickless has gotte a bit funky .

thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread