Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
IMRs is correct...I won that one from HealthCabin, along with a tiny tank from Steamtuners and some eliquids from junjii juice. The eliquids are supposed to be here tomorrow. :) I'll see if I can find a picture of the tiny tank. I won't be able to use it unless I buy either a Taifun GT or GT2 base or the whole Taifun GT atty which ain't happening. Those sell for over $100. I may just buy a clone base from fastech.
:shock: That's a lot of bucks!
geico-genies-can-be-really-literal-ss-05.jpg

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I can report that it IS possible to Cheechinize a dual factory coil. It's twice as fiddly as there's twice the wicks but you knew that. I found it easier to feed both FINE twisted starter parts of the wicks in, then pull each through and do the wick trimming instead of doing 1 wick all the way at a time.

Got all the old wick out pretty easy and dry burned the hell out of the two factory coils, they were lighting up just fine.

I don't anticipate any issue with it other than having to tweak the pin and insulator to get it to read. (Duh, pressing the shroud back on is obviously how my pin <the pliers are pushing against> is getting pushed in that hair too far.)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Epic fail on the dry burn/rewick of the factory dual coils. Very tight draw and it tasted Nasty.

I'll just neuter the originals and make them singles like we know works.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Now I had 2 factory coils when I did my mega rebuild 2 weeks ago that I successfully removed old wicks from both coils, dry burned and re wicked them. No problem. Tastier fine, good vapor etc etc etc. I loaded one up and 3 hours later one of the coils burned out. :( Moral of this story...I won't do that again! From this point on, I'll rip out all dual coils in favor of singles! Lol

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Any word on great coupon sales this weekend for the GS Air tanks?
I have been rotating through 5 tanks for the last 3 months but developed 2 new gotta get me some more of that flavors in the last week.

The GSAs have met my goal of long lasting coils. Average life has been 19 days with a max of 29 days. I doubt if I will get obsessive enough to track the # of mls per coil but I have found the lighter the juice the longer the coil life. I vape 4-5 mls/day. This has been mostly with the FastTech coils.

I have been checking RockyMountainVapor since they have a 25% off coupon but the GSAs have been out of stock for weeks. Their coils have gone in and out of stock.

I did take 1 coil apart to consider rebuilding and then said Nahhh. I have everything needed and y'all have provided great tutorials and hints. But I am enjoying not getting out the gear and building as many coils as I used to.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Any word on great coupon sales this weekend for the GS Air tanks?
I have been rotating through 5 tanks for the last 3 months but developed 2 new gotta get me some more of that flavors in the last week.

The GSAs have met my goal of long lasting coils. Average life has been 19 days with a max of 29 days. I doubt if I will get obsessive enough to track the # of mls per coil but I have found the lighter the juice the longer the coil life. I vape 4-5 mls/day. This has been mostly with the FastTech coils.

I have been checking RockyMountainVapor since they have a 25% off coupon but the GSAs have been out of stock for weeks. Their coils have gone in and out of stock.

I did take 1 coil apart to consider rebuilding and then said Nahhh. I have everything needed and y'all have provided great tutorials and hints. But I am enjoying not getting out the gear and building as many coils as I used to.
That is amazing to me that your coils are lasting that long. My average is 1 day at around 5ml. If I'm lucky, I get 2 days out of some of them.
I was also wanting to grab some more GS Air M heads. I was hoping for a 4th of July sale for them, but no luck so far. I skated through my store bookmarks and so far the best price that turned up was 9.49 (shipping is around 3 dollars for 2) at evape.us This is for 'M' though. Yeah, Rockymountain has been out of those GS Air heads for quite some time and I don't think they ever had the 'M' in stock. :)
Sweet-vapes has the GS Air's for 8.95 without a coupon.

Last edited:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
That is amazing to me that your coils are lasting that long. My average is 1 day at around 5ml. If I'm lucky, I get 2 days out of some of them.
I was also wanting to grab some more GS Air M heads. I was hoping for a 4th of July sale for them, but no luck so far. I skated through my store bookmarks and so far the best price that turned up was 9.49 (shipping is around 3 dollars for 2) at evape.us This is for 'M' though. Yeah, Rockymountain has been out of those GS Air heads for quite some time and I don't think they ever had the 'M' in stock. :)
Sweet-vapes has the GS Air's for 8.95 without a coupon.
IMRs, Good Morning!

You really need to stop doing drop tests with your coils and then jumping on them with jack boots before you vape. One day? Something isn't right. I had infant mortality with the original, installed coils that came with the Airs, but otherwise both eleaf and FT clone coils last at least two weeks with good performance.

After that most start to degrade and get replaced. A couple have lasted close to a month. I'm not keeping records, but I would guess I probably vape about ten to twelve ml per day, using four rigs. Two weeks at that rate is roughly thirty-nine ml per coil.
Most of my juices are clear or not especially dark. Are you vaping dark molasses?

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
IMRs, Good Morning!

You really need to stop doing drop tests with your coils and then jumping on them with jack boots before you vape. One day? Something isn't right. I had infant mortality with the original, installed coils that came with the Airs, but otherwise both eleaf and FT clone coils last at least two weeks with good performance.

After that most start to degrade and get replaced. A couple have lasted close to a month. I'm not keeping records, but I would guess I probably vape about ten to twelve ml per day, using four rigs. Two weeks at that rate is roughly thirty-nine ml per coil.
Most of my juices are clear or not especially dark. Are you vaping dark molasses?
Unbelievable! I know! No. I even filled up with the Grape Crush and I get the same old deal and you know how clear that juice is. It almost looks like water. I'm even Tootle puffing at around 8 watts. I don't know. They must send all of the duds to Pennsylvania I'm guessing. :lol:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Unbelievable! I know! No. I even filled up with the Grape Crush and I get the same old deal and you know how clear that juice is. It almost looks like water. I'm even Tootle puffing at around 8 watts. I don't know. They must send all of the duds to Pennsylvania I'm guessing. :lol:
I don't know nuffink, but I am truly curious about what is doing your coils in. I vape some of the same juices you use, from Derall, the same vendor. I'm using GS Airs, GS Air Ms, and once in a while aa GS Air MS. Same tanks. I use 30w isticks, mostly, and once in a while an old istaste vv/vw or a 1600 vision spinner II clone. Other than the original, installed eleaf duds (one to two days, then belly up), I think I may have had two or three other duds in the past four months. Given all the similarities in what we are doing, I cannot think of a reason for your short coil life.

While you are getting into rebuilding, you might want to get some of these...
$6.39 Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (5-Pack) (1.5ohm, 5-Pack) at m.FastTech.com - FastTech Mobile
For reasons unknown (probably a line of code that drops the price on slow movers), the unit cost for the five packs is now lower than for the tens! If you order three five packs, they are about $1.20 per coil, free shipping, and delivery by sea turtle on crutches. Unfortunately, they are not tie dyed, and don't have Herb Alpert LPs installed.

EDIT||. Tried to google "coil killer" to find an explanation, but it just gave me links to your e-mail, and these...
ad_katol.jpg
HTB1TAx6FVXXXXbeXFXXq6xXFXXXC.jpg

Last edited:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I don't know nuffink, but I am truly curious about what is doing your coils in. I vape some of the same juices you use, from Derall, the same vendor. I'm using GS Airs, GS Air Ms, and once in a while aa GS Air MS. Same tanks. I use 30w isticks, mostly, and once in a while an old istaste vv/vw or a 1600 vision spinner II clone. Other than the original, installed eleaf duds (one to two days, then belly up), I think I may have had two or three other duds in the past four months. Given all the similarities in what we are doing, I cannot think of a reason for your short coil life.

While you are getting into rebuilding, you might want to get some of these...
$6.39 Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (5-Pack) (1.5ohm, 5-Pack) at m.FastTech.com - FastTech Mobile
For reasons unknown (probably a line of code that drops the price on slow movers), the unit cost for the five packs is now lower than for the tens! If you order three five packs, they are about $1.20 per coil, free shipping, and delivery by sea turtle on crutches. Unfortunately, they are not tie dyed, and don't have Herb Alpert LPs installed.
Fasttech & rebuilding is probably the ticket. The only other thing I can think of is the climate here. I don't know. They're not all like that, but I've had more duds than good ones. :)
I'll have to talk to Fasttech about sending a bonus Herb album with most orders. :blink:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Fasttech & rebuilding is probably the ticket. The only other thing I can think of is the climate here. I don't know. They're not all like that, but I've had more duds than good ones. :)
I'll have to talk to Fasttech about sending a bonus Herb album with most orders. :blink:
I received my rockymountain coils the other day and they sent me some Herb to work on my coils.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
You know Gran, I really want to hear "Rise" I don't think you've linked to that one yet! :lol:

Good morning!!:)

IMRs, I really think you'd have much more success with these coils if you'd just rebuild them. ;):rolleyes:
I know. I'm not complaining. I'm just telling everyone what I've been getting, with them.
I don't think Gran has that album. Here you go Lynn. Enjoy. :laugh:

Reactions: Nanny22

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
You know Gran, I really want to hear "Rise" I don't think you've linked to that one yet! :lol:

Good morning!!:)

IMRs, I really think you'd have much more success with these coils if you'd just rebuild them. ;):rolleyes:
Mornin, Lynn. Don't know Rise. How about one of my most bestest ever favorites from the 1970s?
Raíces. (Means "roots")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread