• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Don't know if anyone has seen the info about five pawns, started I believe by C9V and discounted by five pawns, but one company has issued a recall:
Five Pawns - Product Recall
I hadn't seen any of this particular event, but have heard mutterings in the recent past.

Reminds me of the negative info floating around regarding Suicide Bunny not so long ago - don't know if they reformulated, but all seems to have gone quiet regarding their liquids.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
@Bobw1951

Alternative to the VS Ni 200 coils for the Atlantis Bob.Can't find a UK stockist yet.But are priced far more reasonable in the U.S compared to the others.

Capture.PNG

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I just ordered a 30ml of Dark Chocolate from Highbrow to use with the NT Got Cookie as It's 50% PG, and I've also ordered a 10ml bottle of their Dark Chocolate Mint - I like their Dark Chocolate, but doubt if the mint one will be like the MCV.

I've also got a few various bottles of Chocolate concentrates to try - I need to find a really high VG Chocolate to mix down the NT Got Cookie that I have, so apart from the Highbrow one, I may find something I can make myself to use as a mixer. Failing that, I'll use a custard or vanilla with it.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I just ordered a 30ml of Dark Chocolate from Highbrow to use with the NT Got Cookie as It's 50% PG, and I've also ordered a 10ml bottle of their Dark Chocolate Mint - I like their Dark Chocolate, but doubt if the mint one will be like the MCV.

I've also got a few various bottles of Chocolate concentrates to try - I need to find a really high VG Chocolate to mix down the NT Got Cookie that I have, so apart from the Highbrow one, I may find something I can make myself to use as a mixer. Failing that, I'll use a custard or vanilla with it.

If you put "mint choc" in the search box on Chefs a couple of other options come up

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
If you put "mint choc" in the search box on Chefs a couple of other options come up
Just had a look - the Capella one has a poor review regarding chocolate flavour strength vs. the mint, the DV one has hints of citrus & nutmeg in it :unsure: - but worth a try perhaps, and although I see no reviews for the One on One, I see a lot of chocolate ones on their own website - I had to search for the Chocolate Peppermint Candy, but it is there. I haven't had a chance to look for any reviews elsewhere, but they have a huge range of concentrates and give a percentage suggestion for each: Concentrated Flavor | One-on-One Flavors

I'll ask Karl if the MCV concentrate will be available occasionally or to order - I'd rather be able to get that than have to do a lot of hunting around for an equal ..which likely doesn't exist due to the 'vapetto' angle, and even if I knew how to get that added, I don't want to get too involved in mixing various flavours together if I can help it.

Did you see the new flavour announced earlier: Grandmas Lemonade? I have ordered a bottle to see what it's like - 80% VG, so fine for me if it has a good flavour.

I also ordered a few concentrates: Toasted Almond, Bavarian Cream & Mocha. I could actually imagine all three of those mixed in varying quantities.
Wish I had more time (and patience) to 'muck around' with these things!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
If anyone is interested and you have the ability to comment on it ; Draft regulations on the sale and manufacture of tobacco products - Consultations - GOV.UK

Section 6 of the main document relates to e-cigs
First thing I see of interest (in section 5):
5.17. Other tobacco products, such as cigars, cigarillos, pipe tobacco, waterpipe and smokeless tobacco products are exempted from the ban on characterising flavours. The Commission is empowered to remove this exemption if there is a substantial change in circumstances for any of these products

Perhaps they realise that to insist on only tobacco flavoured liquid could be defeating the object for some people - I'm not keen on anything that tastes like tobacco now.
But, they could change their mind on that if they think the flavours encourage young people to use e-cigs!

This too - interesting as I smoked around 40% menthol:
5.19. The TPD2 will prohibit products benefiting from the transitional arrangements (menthol cigarettes) or exemption from characterising flavours (pipe tobacco etc.), from being labelled with any reference to taste, smell or flavouring. For example, a brand of menthol flavoured cigarettes may continue to be sold until May 2020, but will not be able to be labelled as ‘Brand X Menthol’. Through this consultation we are seeking more information as to the impact of this provision – see accompanying impact assessment.

I'd be really annoyed by that if I still smoked - what difference does menthol make when it comes to whether a person chooses to smoke or not? I'd still smoke, albeit annoyed at getting no menthol. (Of course, a bit of experimentation with a needle tip syringe and menthol flavouring .....:rolleyes:)

Scanning through further, I grew quite annoyed by the terms 'member states' and EU directive etc. All begins to feel a bit dictatorial, and has a hint of non-democratic control ....decided not to read any more - it'll be what it'll be I suppose.
They've chosen to ignore all the expert views and research, and the millions of people who have stopped smoking without any government 'help' (said very tongue in cheek!) - why would they listen to any viewpoints given as a result of that draft unless they were more naysayers.

I've said it before, and will do so again: If e-cigs can stop me from smoking when I didn't even want to, then they can do so for anyone! What's not to like about that.

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Just had a look - the Capella one has a poor review regarding chocolate flavour strength vs. the mint, the DV one has hints of citrus & nutmeg in it :unsure: - but worth a try perhaps, and although I see no reviews for the One on One, I see a lot of chocolate ones on their own website - I had to search for the Chocolate Peppermint Candy, but it is there. I haven't had a chance to look for any reviews elsewhere, but they have a huge range of concentrates and give a percentage suggestion for each: Concentrated Flavor | One-on-One Flavors

I'll ask Karl if the MCV concentrate will be available occasionally or to order - I'd rather be able to get that than have to do a lot of hunting around for an equal ..which likely doesn't exist due to the 'vapetto' angle, and even if I knew how to get that added, I don't want to get too involved in mixing various flavours together if I can help it.

Did you see the new flavour announced earlier: Grandmas Lemonade? I have ordered a bottle to see what it's like - 80% VG, so fine for me if it has a good flavour.

I also ordered a few concentrates: Toasted Almond, Bavarian Cream & Mocha. I could actually imagine all three of those mixed in varying quantities.
Wish I had more time (and patience) to 'muck around' with these things!

I've got the chocolate peppermint candy and Bavarian cream,haven't Mixed any CPC yet.Bavarian cream has been steeping for a little over a week (smells good)planning on mixing it with some Forest fruits
The one that smells really good is Cucumber and Mint.Ive also ordered some Grandmas Lemonade only 10ml to try

Sat in the Garden enjoying the sun,with a nice cup of Builders tea and a tank full of Snake Oil.Nice recommendation George :cool:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
First thing I see of interest (in section 5):
5.17. Other tobacco products, such as cigars, cigarillos, pipe tobacco, waterpipe and smokeless tobacco products are exempted from the ban on characterising flavours. The Commission is empowered to remove this exemption if there is a substantial change in circumstances for any of these products

Perhaps they realise that to insist on only tobacco flavoured liquid could be defeating the object for some people - I'm not keen on anything that tastes like tobacco now.
But, they could change their mind on that if they think the flavours encourage young people to use e-cigs!

Section 5 has nothing to do with e-cigs (smokeless tobacco mentioned there means snuff, chewing tobacco etc)

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Bob I'm having a bit of a problem connecting Gs Airs to spring loaded mods.They connect to the Subox and Mini Jedi no problem but not the iSticks or the Cool Fire 4.Any ideas butty,I've cleaned the threads with an old toothbrush and soap.It feels like they fighting against the spring loaded pin

I don't have any Gs Airs so not sure what the problem can be, are they not threading on at all, or is it just a connection problem (no atty detected), not sure if Trish, Adam or George has them and could help

Reactions: Marcus1970

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Just a shorter version of the Lemo 1, the only problem with them is that you sometimes get juice coming out of the air-holes, especially when they are nearly empty, Lemo 2 are better.
Thanks Bob. TW have them on a yo-yo at the minute.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Is the Lemo Drop any good?

I have three,they are an OK tank,easy to rebuild,only pains are the air flow adjustment and refilling.Atty has to be removed from mod and the bottom unscrewed from the base to do both.

Can't help Marcus,haven't even seen one in the flesh

the only problem with them is that you sometimes get juice coming out of the air-holes

Never suffered that problem Bob,must be lucky:)

Thanks Bob. TW have them on a yo-yo at the minute.

Also at half price on e-leaf world.

If I get the urge I might pick up another Nautilus Mini from somewhere. Love those little fellers!

Lemo drop and mini naut,are like night and day Pipey.If the draw on the mini naut suits you the drop probably won't.Although adjustable,the drop is very much looser and more airy.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Section 5 has nothing to do with e-cigs (smokeless tobacco mentioned there means snuff, chewing tobacco etc)
Oh right, I thought it did when it mentioned waterpipe and smokeless tobacco products in the same sentence.
There was speculation on a ban for flavoured liquids in recent months.

Wasn't sure on that one, let me know what you think.
Yes, will do :) With it being a max VG, I'm not sure if it's another of the 'Virtual' recipes or a Chefs 'original' liquid. Remains to be seen what it's like.

Bob Im having a bit of a problem connecting Gs Air's to spring loaded mods.They connect to the Subox and Mini Jedi no problem but not the iSticks or the Cool Fire 4.Any ideas butty,I've cleaned the threads with an old toothbrush and soap.It feels like they fighting against the spring loaded pin
I only have one in use at the moment, and it's always been on an iStick 20 - I just tried it on an iStick 30 and a Coolfire: works perfectly on all three. Perhaps you have a poor/slightly short thread section on your tank?
The spring on the iStick can be raised slightly with a little gentle persuasion - I did it with my Smart 20. I used a small painting knife because they're made from a small, narrow piece of flexible steel - I think a small slot head screwdriver will do it too.

Just a shorter version of the Lemo 1, the only problem with them is that you sometimes get juice coming out of the air-holes, especially when they are nearly empty, Lemo 2 are better.
Almost empty is when I get the most air hole leakage from the Subtank mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread