Madvapes Deviate lives!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Got my Deviate [HASHTAG]#278[/HASHTAG] in today.

kluzee8v2b467bb6g.jpg

Little disappointed with the fit of the mod. Notice the gap at the top of the door.

Here is a little closer shot:

3azrrskin7we47p6g.jpg

another shot:
xjkhueb2214owbc6g.jpg

the door seems misaligned somehow, here is the alignment compared to the top part:
b48f3k36t3um58b6g.jpg

with the alignment off it leaves a rather large lip on one side of the mod:
5oxwsmt8758yaf46g.jpg

compared to the other side:
6yyci78xy1yn1436g.jpg

another minor fitment issue, the top doesnt line up with one side, leaving a gap:
b868vb7kabjhsh46g.jpg

While the mod design does look cool aesthetically, these alignment issues drive my OCD crazy and I now feel that the mod is not worth the price I paid for it :(

I understand that each piece is hand worked after the casting process, so I can overlook the gaps, but that lip totally detracts from its sleek lines. I paused the video above in several places to see if that showcase mod had the "lip". As far as I can tell it doesn't, so getting one with proper fit seems to be based on the luck of the draw when you get one.

Hopefully I can send this one back for one with a better fit of the door.

Last edited:

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
I opened up a support ticket today at Madvapes concerning this issue. I will let everyone know how they respond and if they will exchange it for different (better fitting) one. Will post picks of the exchanged version if they agree to swap it out. If they won't exchange it I will be returning it for a refund due to poor quality control on this $250 mod.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Got a reply from Madvapes thru their online ticket system. After seeing the pics of my Deviate's lip they issued a return RMA and sent a priority shipping label for me to send back my [HASHTAG]#278[/HASHTAG] in exchange for one that quote: "has no gaps or cosmetic defects". They will ship out the replacement as soon as they receive my [HASHTAG]#278[/HASHTAG]. I will share pics of the replacement as soon as it arrives. I'm glad that they are taking care of me and customer service was pleasant to work with concerning my issues.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Got my replacement Deviate in today [HASHTAG]#292[/HASHTAG]. I got to hand it to Madvapes customer service, they swapped out [HASHTAG]#278[/HASHTAG] and shipped the replacement Fedex overnight and also included a $25 coupon code on my next purchase. Very pleased with their customer service.

The replacements fit is much better than the original one I received. There are little gaps at the bottom of the door on this one but its symmetrical on both sides so I can live with it and am finally a happy customer.

As promised here are the pics of the replacement:

uw3ru6lhh9y93z46g.jpg

yxks194vou4nh826g.jpg

a8r4lbopnizeyle6g.jpg

eit4hko83qm7jye6g.jpg

cope69m9drfxbye6g.jpg

ofo6f531cjb7xfr6g.jpg

jai8k82bkihkan56g.jpg

13t121c69x1eb4c6g.jpg

Thanks again Madvapes for such great customer service, it was really appreciated :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread