Madvapes Deviate DNA40

Status
Not open for further replies.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
I definitely would be sending that back. For 250.00, it better be as close to flawless as humanly possible. Mine should be in Monday. Thanks for the heads up.

Tapped from my LG G3

Please post some pics of yours when it arrives so we can compare the alignment and fit of the parts on this mod. I agree for $250 it should be a whole lot better than this. I will be contacting them on Monday to see if I can swap it out, if they refuse to swap it for one with a better fit on the door and without the lip I will be returning mine for a refund.

Reactions: DPLongo22

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
It doesn't appear so, there no room to shift it into place. It's aligns perfectly on the one side so if I did manage to shift it, it would throw off the other side. I've been trying to see other pics of the mod with the lip side shown, but nearly every pic seems to avoid showing that side. While searching for other pics, Phil Busardo had showed some pics of his version and on his that side had no lip and seemed to fit together pretty good. However on his, the other side of the door has a bad gap.

Here is the link to his pics:

Taste Your Juice | NEW IN THE QUEUE – 05/19/15 – THE DEVIATE BY MADVAPES

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
It doesn't appear so, there no room to shift it into place. It's aligns perfectly on the one side so if I did manage to shift it, it would throw off the other side. I've been trying to see other pics of the mod with the lip side shown, but nearly every pic seems to avoid showing that side. While searching for other pics, Phil Busardo had showed some pics of his version and on his that side had no lip and seemed to fit together pretty good. However on his, the other side of the door has a bad gap.

Here is the link to his pics:

Taste Your Juice | NEW IN THE QUEUE – 05/19/15 – THE DEVIATE BY MADVAPES
It may just be something that has to be accepted. But it's definitely unique which is the only reason why I pulled the trigger. I will post my pics when it arrives.

Tapped from my LG G3

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I totally agree. Seems these things are each done by hand. Meaning each one will be unique. In other words, the flaws on mine might not be the same as others. At 250.00, there shouldn't be any flaws at all. I guess I will get my verdict either Monday or Tuesday

Tapped from my LG G3

Agreed. When you look at the quality of most devices in that price range, flaws such as seen both by @The.Drifter and Twisted420 are inexcusable. At that price, it should be put together at least as well as a $40 Cool Fire 4.

They should be ashamed of themselves for letting Drifter's leave the building. And I like MV - a lot. But again, there' simply no excuse...

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I'm sorry but you guys are paying for a top notch mod. You should get one.
Wholeheartedly agree. Even with the fit issues and brittle material, it might be worth $100 for the "wow" factor, but even that's a stretch, IMO.

Big fan of MadVapes but that's a lot of money for something that's not nearly as neatly assembled as one of those cowboy-style cap pistols from the "five and dime" (Woolworth's, Kresge's, McCrory's, etc.) of yesteryear.
confused.gif

Who wants to bet the gap will be excused as a safety feature, in case the battery vents?

Reactions: DPLongo22

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
I totally agree. Seems these things are each done by hand. Meaning each one will be unique. In other words, the flaws on mine might not be the same as others. At 250.00, there shouldn't be any flaws at all. I guess I will get my verdict either Monday or Tuesday

Tapped from my LG G3
There will always be flaws. I saw a guy with some watches worth over 10's of thousands and a few had flaws. But these are hairline microscopic. Something being hand finished should contain less flaws after finishing because it's supposed to be taken care of before its sent out. Anything not within tolerances that are acceptable for the material should be tossed in the bin and should be started on over again. Thats the difference here, they just send whatever is done.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
0 quality control it would seem. That's alright though. No matter how cool it may look, my satisfaction as a customer needs to be considered. If they dont want to work with me then a full refund it will be. I had my run in with poor quality control when I got my Vapor Flask. I'm not looking forward to another round. Maybe I will get lucky.

Tapped from my LG G3

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Got a reply from Madvapes thru their online ticket system. After seeing the pics of my Deviate's lip they issued a return RMA and sent a priority shipping label for me to send back my [HASHTAG]#278[/HASHTAG] in exchange for one that quote: "has no gaps or cosmetic defects". They will ship out the replacement as soon as they receive my [HASHTAG]#278[/HASHTAG]. I will share pics of the replacement as soon as it arrives. I'm glad that they are taking care of me and customer service was pleasant to work with concerning my issues.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Got my replacement Deviate in today [HASHTAG]#292[/HASHTAG]. I got to hand it to Madvapes customer service, they swapped out [HASHTAG]#278[/HASHTAG] and shipped the replacement Fedex overnight and also included a $25 coupon code on my next purchase. Very pleased with their customer service.

The replacements fit is much better than the original one I received. There are little gaps at the bottom of the door on this one but its symmetrical on both sides so I can live with it and am finally a happy customer.

As promised here are the pics of the replacement:

uw3ru6lhh9y93z46g.jpg

yxks194vou4nh826g.jpg

a8r4lbopnizeyle6g.jpg

eit4hko83qm7jye6g.jpg

cope69m9drfxbye6g.jpg

ofo6f531cjb7xfr6g.jpg

jai8k82bkihkan56g.jpg

13t121c69x1eb4c6g.jpg

Thanks again Madvapes for such great customer service, it was really appreciated :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread