About how long does it take to fully transition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tay666

Jun 21, 2015
Conneaut Ohio
Yea, I vape a heck of a lot more than I smoked. I mean... I am probably sitting at around 10 ml a day.

Granted... Though, I can take a couple puffs, and put it down. vaping is healthy. I say If you need to glue your rig to your mouth its better than having a cig. Vaping is Fun. Smoking is Cancer. Cancer is not fun.

I hear that. That was my motivation to make the switch. Chest x-ray came back showing emphysema.
Granted, it's very, very early stage. But I ain't playing around with that.
I'm down to 10 smokes a day. Most of those are at work, as I still haven't gotten brave enough to replace those yet.
Will see how it goes this weekend.

I think I've worked out a way to not overdo it at break time, only inhale every other hit. Will give it a try next week.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I hear that. That was my motivation to make the switch. Chest x-ray came back showing emphysema.
Granted, it's very, very early stage. But I ain't playing around with that.
I'm down to 10 smokes a day. Most of those are at work, as I still haven't gotten brave enough to replace those yet.
Will see how it goes this weekend.

I think I've worked out a way to not overdo it at break time, only inhale every other hit. Will give it a try next week.

Haha well if only inhaling every other hit works for you... but you do know that the nicotine is absorbed through your mouth with Vapor right?
Yea, there are tons of dangers with smoking. I used to Wheeze every morning when I woke up... and when i went to go to bed. same thing.
Lets try a suggestion. This is what worked for me. I bought 2 packs of smokes (You may want to do more).. 3-4
And I said, This is the last two packs I will ever buy. And they were.
I eventually threw out my last 4 smokes. Thats what keeps me most from Relapsing.

Here is another suggestion. Go somewhere, Maybe work, Whatever. Take 1 smoke with you. Take only enough money that you need for your lunch, (If you buy lunch) Take your vape. you will need to rely on your vape, and you will see how easy it can be.. Although it may be a little tough, it wont be as tough as no nicotine.

I dont know what device you are on... If its VW, up your wattage a bit.
these are just suggestions. Its how my brain works, and how I do stuff. I give myself no other options.

tay666

Jun 21, 2015
Conneaut Ohio
I'm using an iStick 30w with a Nautilus Mini.
My problem when I have tried at break, is that I vape too much and end up with a big head rush, and massive head ache after.
Years of conditioning to suck down that whole smoke in about 7 minutes are hard to break.
And yeah, I still get nic through absorption, but the consciously thinking about not inhaling slows me down. Plus I don't think I get as much with just a mouth hit, as compared to a mouth-to-lung.
I had luck with that every-other system on last break yesterday. So I plan on trying it again on Monday. If all goes well at last break, then Tuesday I will go with it at the last half of lunch. Etc.

Every one I eliminate is a victory.
I figure it took me 30+ years to get to where I am now. It's gonna take a little time to really break that cycle.
And I'm ok with that.
I know me. If I try to go too far too fast, I'm just going to end up back where I started.
I'm a creature of habit that doesn't like change. So I need to make the vaping the new habit.
One step at a time.
I already crave the vape more than a real smoke in a lot of situations now.
It's just a matter of expanding those situations until eventually I don't want a smoke.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Too subjective to tell. For some people, it's immediate. Some get off, then go back to analogs, then come back home to vaping. Sometimes several times. Some never do get off the analogs entirely, just manage to replace some percentage of their cigarette consumption with vape. That's a victory, any way you look at it. Every time you reach for your rig instead of a cig, that is it's own victory in and of itself. Fight the battle one cig at a time, and celebrate the rounds you win; don't dwell on the times you lose. FWIW-- not much, probably, I said it's subjective-- speaking from personal experience, if you can't replace the cigs with vape, there's something your vape isn't giving you that you need; some support factor is not being properly met. For me, it happened when I started DIYing my own juice. I cut down on nic too fast and went back to smoking. Got back off the cigs and on the vape by upping the nic until I weaned a bit more. I'm now down to 6mg, which is where I was when it went too fast, and not in a hurry to cut real quick so I don't do the same again. Try changing your vape up a bit. Get some higher nic juice. Buy a more powerful mod/atty and blow clouds. And above all else, give it time; always remembering each one you miss is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread