Status
Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
If not vaccines, then, pray tell, what other issue would BP grease their palms for? (vaping?)
(Btw, thousands of parents, teachers, doctors, attended and opposed, to no avail. And no it is not about the vaccines, it's about the FORCED to comply that is being fought, so back off we're not discussing it.)

"Leading pharmaceutical companies also spent nearly $3 million more during the 2013-2014 legislative session lobbying the Legislature, the governor, the state pharmacists’ board and other agencies, according to state filings."

Read more here: Drug companies donated millions to California lawmakers before vaccine debate | The Sacramento Bee

Sacramento Report: San Diego Lawmakers Accepted $84K in Gifts

Probably more, I didn't bother to look.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The title of the Sacramento Bee article appears to be dead wrong fear mongering (as only one or two drug companies manufacture and/or market childhood vaccines, and they don't make much profit from childhood vaccines).

But it could be helpful if someone compared contributions and gifts from GSK, J &J and Pfizer to the voting records of CA Assembly members and Senators on anti vaping legislation, as well as to see if those companies were lobbying for anti vaping bills.

As I recall, the CA Senate Health Cmte recently approved 3 different anti vaping bills (one to ban vaping in workplaces, one to increase minimum age for sales to 21, and one for licensing vapor product vendors).

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
This article is further evidence, to my (sometimes paranoid) mind, that the mass media is biased against mandatory childhood vaccines. I say that this is further evidence as the Sac Bee is making a effort to point out that BP seemed to swing this vote by their donations. As Bill mentioned, this has never been done in the vaping debate, at least to my knowledge.

The press seems to be against it as people should "have a choice" in what they do with their bodies (or, parents with their children's bodies) without a government mandate.

How come this same "choice" mantra isn't said towards vaping? [And yes, this question is rhetorical].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread