% of e-liquid vaporized by higher heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

trying

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
usa
Many vapors like to increase the power of their mod to increase the heat used to vaporize e-liquid which in turn increases the % of liquid vaporized. I am having difficulty finding the percentages of e-liquid which is not vaporized on an average mod per puff, if there is such a thing.
Does anyone know the answer and if possible the ratio of increased power to increased % of liquid vaporized ?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I would certainly like to know this too. I'm almost definitely sure it would would require time, money, equipment, and one's own personal vaporizer to get an accurate measurement. All I know for sure is that it is not 100%, and probably more than 50%.
    Southern Maryland Computerguy - Vape

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Many vapors like to increase the power of their Mod to increase the heat used to vaporize E-liquid which in turn increases the % of liquid vaporized. I am having difficulty finding the percentages of E-liquid which is not vaporized on an average mod per puff, if there is such a thing.
    Does anyone know the answer and if possible the ratio of increased power to increased % of liquid vaporized ?
    I do not understand why you want "%". Percent of what? Of the liquid volume in a tank?

dhood

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2014
    Georgia
    The liquid isn't "released from the tank to the atomizer". The wick absorbs the juice. As the atomizer heats up and the juice is boiled, more juice is absorbed. The sucking action helps to pull the liquid into the juice channels and the swap of air you see in a tank maintains the vacuum. So there is no set amount of liquid that is boiled each time you press the button. There is no way to determine the percentage that isn't vaporized because whatever is in the wick that doesn't get boiled is still there ready for the next puff.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Many vapors like to increase the power of their Mod to increase the heat used to vaporize E-liquid which in turn increases the % of liquid vaporized. I am having difficulty finding the percentages of E-liquid which is not vaporized on an average mod per puff, if there is such a thing.

If you double the wattage, you double the amount of eliquid vaporized per second.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    Smokestack, PA, USA

I'm not really clear on what you are asking (I'm a little hung over and it's early lol). What is the ultimate information you are after and maybe someone will know the answer.

Increasing heat (meaning increasing total power applied) will increase the volume of liquid boiled and vaporized. The relationship is not simple. As an example :confused:: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~doster/NE402/Text/BoilingHeatTransfer/BoilingHeatTransfer.pdf

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    obviously its 100% if it doesnt spit/pop.... the coil only vaporizes what it vaporizes.... basically saying you drink 100% of what you swallow...
    If we want to be somewhat technical we may say that part of produced by coil vapor will condense on chamber walls and chimney; so efficiency is not really 100%.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    Smokestack, PA, USA
    If we want to be somewhat technical we may say that part of produced by coil vapor will condense on chamber walls and chimney; so efficiency is not really 100%.

Yes but the vapor will give up heat to the chamber walls in order to condense and that heat will cause additional evaporation of some of the liquid on the chamber walls so ... lol.

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Not to stir things up... but you could run 10 watts through a coat hanger and not get enough heat to vaporize any liquid. You could double the wattage and get the exact same result - not enough heat to vaporize any liquid.

As for percentages. Even tho the tank is a tank, it acts more like a roll of toilet paper. You start at one end and use whatever's there until it's all gone. You don't dispense "dosages" which are either fully or partially spent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread