SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Well I may contact her if "Legs" doesn't. You joke about the 146 amps... you should have seen my batter bar when I tried 75 joules it looked like the second hand on a watch when firing the unit. I have no idea how much current it was pulling but my new VTC-5 had a hard time keeping up with the demand.

Yea I've seen that on mine as well just playing around with it. Don't have Ti yet so only been playing with ni200. Definitely want to make certain of a quality high drain battery if running high joules.

Reactions: HolmanGT

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Legs,

Fancy contacted me this morning wanting to know what I thought about the upgrade firmware. I was kind of surprised.

Anyway could you double check with her on that recommended resistance. Just assuming 0.35 from 0.0035 is kind of a quantum leap. I sure would like to know from the horses mouth what they really recommend.

Solute you for getting "hitcat" going. :thumbs:
It is your right but when she emailed me this I thought, Hmmm, the resistance is .0035 7 to 8 circles. What is that? 7 to 8 circles on a piece of paper I don't have any idea what she is talking about. The resistance is surely not .0035ohms and 7 to 8 circles around what. IDK

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Prob just a decimal place error. Maybe they are doing some July 4th "pre-tuning" over at YiHi...
My coils' Resistance seems to have indeed settled in right at .230 from the first initial reading of .224.
Question, has anyone else experienced new Ti Coils seeming to "Cure" after the first 30-40 firings?
Now, the Vape has gotten significantly Cooler and more mellow than the first 10-30. So, much so that I turned it up to 385* F and 35 J and it is humming along nicely and more pleasant Vape and Flavor than at first.
Just wondering if the Ti does have an initial Curing Phenomenon or something.

P.s. Thanks again for all 2legs. Hopefully can return the favor someday for all and riding along on the 1st Leg (get it?) of the Journey.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Thanks it was just a guess. I replied to Fancy and tried to explain that the optimal for nickel was .065 and the limits were .05 to .3. So what were the numbers for Ti. Since I can't get the gauge I want from Unkamen till mid July I will let you guys figure it out. I have the update ready to load but will wait till I have some wire. I can get it at an online vape store forget the name but they want $30 for 50' Sweet Spot Vapor

dr3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2015
Texas Gulf Coast
It is your right but when she emailed me this I thought, Hmmm, the resistance is .0035 7 to 8 circles. What is that? 7 to 8 circles on a piece of paper I don't have any idea what she is talking about. The resistance is surely not .0035ohms and 7 to 8 circles around what. IDK

I can translate. Many times when speaking to someone that has difficulty expressing themselves, allowing their words to draw pictures can be the key to discovering intention. 7 to 8 circles is descriptive of 7 to 8 wraps in a coil.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Here is the link
Ti-Wire

Thanks for the post Legs. However even if it was the best wire in the world I won't buy form Vape Shops that buy wire and then mark up the price four fold. I have a problem with online pirates. 100% mark up ok, 400% is a bit steep don't you think.

Reactions: Bimini Twist

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I can translate. Many times when speaking to someone that has difficulty expressing themselves, allowing their words to draw pictures can be the key to discovering intention. 7 to 8 circles is descriptive of 7 to 8 wraps in a coil.
Yep I figured that out but what gauge what ID. I would really just like to find out the optimal resistance that their firmware was set up on. I tried to explain it to her in my reply and gave her the examples of their optimal and high and low limits with NI200 so hopefully she will get that. If we knew that then we can figure out the coils ourselves and how much they will be off on temp just like with nickel. I know that if I build a coil at .065 the temp is close to perfect. I don't have a way of measuring it but I know that coil will give me a great vape at 410 degrees but if I build it at .08 I have to turn the temp down a little. I just want to know what they based the firmware on. I think it's great that they did it but need just a little more info.

Reactions: dr3d

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
The question I asked her was what was the optimal resistance that this firmware was set up on and what were the limits of resistance for a Ti coil. That's the answer I got.
I think she didn't mean resistance at all

0.0035 is the TCR for Titanium.

You asked at what optimal resistance the firmware was set up and she thought you were talking about the TCR.. Makes much more sense than jumping two decimal places.

That's how myths are born...

Remember the 'optimal' 0.065 resistance with ni?

Curiously ni 200 TCR is 0.0065 in some books while others round it to 0.006)

My two cents.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Thanks for the post Legs. However even if it was the best wire in the world I won't buy form Vape Shops that buy wire and then mark up the price four fold. I have a problem with online pirates. 100% mark up ok, 400% is a bit steep don't you think.
I agree with you completely. It's the same with the juice flavoring I use. It's made in Russia and you can get it from them for 94 cents for 10ml.. The same juice here that has been rebottled and possibly steped on is $7.99 for 10ml. But buying from Russia is a nightmare mainly on the USPS side of things and the minimum wait is 6 weeks if at all. I can get it from a German Vape Shop for $3.70 for 10ml but the shipping is more but still cheaper then from here.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I agree with you completely. It's the same with the juice flavoring I use. It's made in Russia and you can get it from them for 94 cents for 10ml.. The same juice here that has been rebottled and possibly steped on is $7.99 for 10ml. But buying from Russia is a nightmare mainly on the USPS side of things and the minimum wait is 6 weeks if at all. I can get it from a German Vape Shop for $3.70 for 10ml but the shipping is more but still cheaper then from here.
Hum... Russia... Juice... 94 cents per 10ml... Sounds good... Not as good as my 54 cents per 10ml diy but if the flavor is good... Hum.... Link please? :D

Regards
Tony

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA

You asked at what optimal resistance the firmware was set up and she thought you were talking about the TCR.. Makes much more sense than jumping two decimal places.

My two cents.

Regards
Tony

Tony,

Does that mind of yours ever miss a potential relationship between abstract numbers. :facepalm:

I was about to say I agree totally but I will reduce it to a maybe. I just remembered that the 0.065 number was a column entry in the min/mid/max Ni200 resistance chart in their spec sheet. So now I am not so sure.

Reactions: tchavei

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Tony,

Does that mind of yours ever miss a potential relationship between abstract numbers. :facepalm:

I was about to say I agree totally but I will reduce it to a maybe. I just remembered that the 0.065 number was a column entry in the min/mid/max Ni200 resistance chart in their spec sheet. So now I am not so sure.
Yeah, the ni TCR was a long shot but if they put up a spec sheet with a recommended 0.35 resistance for Ti, I will be very surprised at the relationship between TCR and resistance suggestion... One is 10x and the other would be 100x

Coincidence?

Regards
Tony

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA

My two cents.

Regards
Tony

But the TCR you gave seems "coincidental" because YiHi gave a resistance range of 0.065 to 0.12. The TCR cannot be a range.

Agree?

Reactions: tchavei
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread