GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Todd does a good job here:

Yep! He also kindly links your review and the GP PAPS v4 reference guide, mentioning them as the recommended switch assembly at 9:00 mark; a card pops out informing the viewer to click on the "i" at the right upper corner to reveal these videos.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Yep! He also kindly links your review and the GP PAPS v4 reference guide, mentioning them as the recommended switch assembly at 9:00 mark; a card pops out informing the viewer to click on the "i" at the right upper corner to reveal these videos.
I deeply appreciate that Sir. I've conveyed him my gratitude as well.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
IMG_0150.jpg

Look at me now and repeat slowly: I want a PAPS 4 :D

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Got my switch!

Not only did I get a new switch, I got the rest of the mod to go with it! (Glad the silver plated contacts were an option and not a later addition which would have postponed my purchase). I didn't actually need another complete mod but I keep telling myself that I needed to replace the Paps v3 that a friend insisted that I sell to him after I let him borrow it to try for a week.

... and by insisted, I mean that he wouldn't give it back to me even with the threat of violence =P

Edit: You know, I just realized that my avatar is very fitting. GP products are my only vaping hardware these days (with the exception of that one dripper) and my avatar was taken in Greece (Oia village on Santorini) =)

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Firestorm, you will have to let me know what you think of the button compared to our favorite 2.5's

Actually, I prefer the v3 switch to the v2.5. Nonetheless, I will definitely share my thoughts when my DHL package arrives. My plan is to continue to use my aluminum bronze v3 18350 tube as my daily carry with a v4 top cap and switch.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
dang.... I was too slow. I was going to get a switch but all sold out :(

Firestorm, you will have to let me know what you think of the button compared to our favorite 2.5's
Ma'am, Go - get it! This switch is the best ever...

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I just ordered a v4 after watching Todd's youtube review. I have a ton of mods already, most are clones though. I just was looking for a finely machined authentic mech with a classy look. I like what was done with the switch and locking ring, plus the spring loaded 510 looks fantastic! Hopefully, the silver contact upgrade that I ordered will minimize the voltage drop with the low resistance RDAs that I plan on using.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I just ordered a v4 after watching Todd's youtube review. I have a ton of mods already, most are clones though. I just was looking for a finely machined authentic mech with a classy look. I like what was done with the switch and locking ring, plus the spring loaded 510 looks fantastic! Hopefully, the silver contact upgrade that I ordered will minimize the voltage drop with the low resistance RDAs that I plan on using.

Welcome aboard and congratulations for your Paps 4!

Feel free to share your vapιng experience with it. Our mods have a very good conductivity, the silver posts give a bit more and you can wipe them with a handkerchief. If you use it daily, once per week or every 10 days, taking it apart and clean it. Conductivity is greatly affected by dirty spots, surface area and contact pressure. The negative post is a M5 screw with a 10 mm head and the GPin keeps the battery under constant pressure, while the travel of the button is just 0,3 mm. Although, we don't recommend super low resistance values, it has been tested down to 0,3Ω. I believe you're going to love it :)

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Welcome aboard and congratulations for your Paps 4!

Feel free to share your vape experience with it. Our mods have a very good conductivity, the silver posts give a bit more and you can wipe them with a handkerchief. Conductivity is greatly affected from surface area and contact pressure. The negative post is a M5 screw with a 10 mm head and the GPin keeps the battery under constant pressure, while the travel of the button is just 0,3 mm. Although, we don't recommend super low resistance values, it has been tested down to 0,3Ω. I believe you're going to love it :)
Thanks for the welcome! I am very excited! I am going to test it below .3. Hopefully the springs hold up, but at least you sell replacement parts if I break something.

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thanks for the welcome! I am very excited! I am going to test it below .3. Hopefully the springs hold up, but at least you sell replacement parts if I break something.

Keep in mind, 0,3 Ω is already very low and If you intend to do sub ohming have a look at the ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory to keep yourself and people around you safe :)

I don't doubt that you are an experienced vaper, I mention it for the newcomers in the vaping community and future readers of this forum.

Be well!

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Keep in mind, 0,3 Ω is already very low and If you intend to do sub ohming have a look at the ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory to keep yourself and people around you safe :)

I don't doubt that you are an experienced vaper, I mention it for the newcomers in the vaping community and future readers of this forum.

Be well!
On an unregulated mod, I have come to prefer a warm dense vape that I get from using lower gauge wire at around .2 ohm. This is pushing the limits of some batteries, but I have a large quantity of mechs (30+) that are topped with RDAs built like this. I do know what I am doing and am using good batteries. The only thing different about the Paps from any other mech (when considering amperage limits) is that the top cap has springs in it. But something like a Fat Daddy Vapes 510 connector also has springs in it, and this works fine, so the paps should work fine too, as long as the spring is decent quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread