• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
If I get the urge I might pick up another nautilus Mini from somewhere. Love those little fellers!
I stopped using the two I had in use due to the sudden poor taste from the coils ..they often tasted really nasty. I suspect it was a bad batch as I had the same result with coils from three different suppliers.
Where do you get your coils from?

Have you seen the new Triton due out soon: Aspire - Aspire Triton Has top fill and choice of two sub-ohm or 1.8ohm coils. If there's a good review, I may try one when the price gets sensible!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Umm, not good, I like MCV as well, don't get through as much as you though, 100ml will last me a few months at least.
I had a reply from Karl - some discontinued ones are down to lower volume sales, some particularly because of the cost of batch testing, so that makes sense.
Also, some of the flavours are Capella version 1, and they've sent them to be tested for permitted diketone levels right now.
From what I understand, it depends on the findings as to whether some will need reformulating, and also whether some will still be available.
I'm just not sure which camp MCV falls into - waiting for a clarification on that just to be sure.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Have you seen the new Triton due out soon: Aspire - Aspire Triton Has top fill and choice of two sub-ohm or 1.8ohm coils. If there's a good review, I may try one when the price gets sensible!

Yes tanks are getting dearer these days, cheapest I've found is £29.99, but out of stock

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes tanks are getting dearer these days, cheapest I've found is £29.99, but out of stock
Perhaps the manufacturers are getting as much out of the current styles as they can, while they can.
Goodness knows how many pieces of equipment are on the drawing board but may never reach production if they think there won't be a high enough volume of sales.

I've always been impressed by the machining and materials quality on the tanks, and doubt it's changed much in the past year, so it must be a case of cashing in while the market is there.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

Think i'll wait on this one.
Like everything i suppose(tv's etc)once the initial rush is over the price drastically drops.Lemo 2 is a fine example,as low as £20 now.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I heard that company employ a team of Beavers :p

Wouldn't surprise me George, a 5 year old could have done a better job cutting the wood :laugh:

If you want off the wall - I've got a vintage brass blowtorch! :laugh:

That would be off the wall Trisha. Probably me bouncing off the wall when I try to open up the blowtorch and the gas explodes :laugh:

That's a brilliant idea Bob and so simple to use :thumbs:. Sometimes, the simplest solutions are the best ones. Wonder if they'd give enough grip to separate press fit parts in attys. Whenever I get an atty that I want to modify for BFing, the hardest part is always separating the press fit sections

Don't know if anyone has seen the info about Five Pawns, started I believe by C9V and discounted by Five Pawns, but one company has issued a recall:
Five Pawns - Product Recall

I've seen quite a few rumours too. I always thought that AP was supposed to be safer than diacetyl though, but I could be wrong.

But, they could change their mind on that if they think the flavours encourage young people to use e-cigs!

You can guarantee, that if all other arguments fail, the "we must protect the Children" one will always pop up :-x

I've said it before, and will do so again: If e-cigs can stop me from smoking when I didn't even want to, then they can do so for anyone! What's not to like about that.

Very well said. I'm pretty sure that most of us vapers have a similar story to tell :D

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Bit of vapemail for me today.

The batteries arrived from TW, charged them up and I've got 1 in my Vmod mini now. Their not protected like the last ones I had, which means they fit better in the Vmod casing. Seem to work fine, I'll give them a good road test tomorrow at work.

Also my mini Pac Man tin arrived. It's about the same height as a Reo and a little wider. I'm hoping to turn it into a regulated device - the screen on the tin I can use to house the screen for the chip. I'll have to take it apart properly and see what I can fit in there.

Also my telephone money box arrived. Plenty of space in this one, so I'm thinking of dual 26650 batteries. May have to modify the top section where the slit is to drop the money in. Or I could even go for lipo batteries with a USB point. It's quite a big box, so won't suit dainty little hands, but I should be able to squeeze a fair bit in there :D

-----------------

Just been looking at snuff boxes for mods. Found some lovely carved wooden ones, but their a bit pricey $95 each :eek:. Think I'll stick with my cheapo £5 phone box for now, just in case I mess it up :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Chefs are back in my good books :laugh: After the Angel blood disappointment,tried the Glazed Streusel today,very pleasant:)
Yes, it's a rather good one! I was pleasantly surprised by the Moose Banana Cream Pie one ..I don't usually like banana ones, but this one is subtle and rather good! The Salted Caramel one is also good.
I wish the Almond Ice Cream one came in max VG too, but it doesn't.

That would be off the wall Trisha. Probably me bouncing off the wall when I try to open up the blowtorch and the gas explodes :laugh:
...but it could be fun Ian! :rolleyes: :laugh: ..Well, how about a Spezial oil can for a table top model? - the tall spout is quite elegant! :lol:

I've seen quite a few rumours too. I always thought that AP was supposed to be safer than diacetyl though, but I could be wrong.
This is from the Flavour Apprentice findings on tests:
I discovered that the molecule Acetoin can under certain circumstances "catalyse" into containing minute traces of the molecule Diacetyl.

Probably not much, but who knows. If legislation is specifying levels of anything, I suppose they'll try to comply or eliminate.

You can guarantee, that if all other arguments fail, the "we must protect the Children" one will always pop up :-x
True, and it's a lame excuse. If they were that worried, there's plenty of really dangerous things that children are exposed to daily - they could spend years clearing all that up first!

Very well said. I'm pretty sure that most of us vapers have a similar story to tell :D
Putin is known for his blatant lies, and that everyone knows he's lying, but to see governments here, in the US & EU denying the irrefutable evidence is unbelievable to me. I'd never have believed it so bad before now.

Just been looking at snuff boxes for mods. Found some lovely carved wooden ones, but their a bit pricey $95 each :eek:. Think I'll stick with my cheapo £5 phone box for now, just in case I mess it up :laugh:
Why don't you get some chunks of decent hardwoods and a few woodworking chisels etc., from an art site and make some! :)

By the way - is your back still OK now back at work?

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
:(
...but it could be fun Ian! :rolleyes: :laugh: ..Well, how about a Spezial oil can for a table top model? - the tall spout is quite elegant! :lol:

thanks for the offer, but I'll pass for now :laugh:

This is from the Flavour Apprentice findings on tests:
I discovered that the molecule Acetoin can under certain circumstances "catalyse" into containing minute traces of the molecule Diacetyl.

Probably not much, but who knows. If legislation is specifying levels of anything, I suppose they'll try to comply or eliminate.

I wonder of those "certain circumstances" are very hot, mega sub ohm builds that turn the juice into something most of us wouldn't want to vape anyway - like the hyped up formaldehyde thing :?:

True, and it's a lame excuse. If they were that worried, there's plenty of really dangerous things that children are exposed to daily - they could spend years clearing all that up first!

Putin is known for his blatant lies, and that everyone knows he's lying, but to see governments here, in the US & EU denying the irrefutable evidence is unbelievable to me. I'd never have believed it so bad before now.

We all know the main reason is profit, or loss of tax. Nothing to do with the safety of the kids. That's why I'm still on the lookout for my own private island where I can do whatever I want. No laws or rules, now that would be bliss :laugh:

Why don't you get some chunks of decent hardwoods and a few woodworking chisels etc., from an art site and make some! :)

I have looked into that. But I'd want to get a proper wood turning lathe, bit too pricey for me. It would be ok making mods for my own use with basic chisels etc, but it would take a lot of time, which I don't have much of :(. Ideally, I'd like to be able to make mods for re-sale. Don't know whether it will ever happen, but it's something I'm seriously looking into. The only other problem (apart from time constraints), is having a suitable working space. I'm even thinking about turning the spare bedroom into a small workshop, I'd have to do some serious sound proofing first though. Don't think the neighbours would be too happy about the constant drilling and grinding noises :laugh:.

I've managed to find a supplier for aluminium box sections locally, but not for wood supplies yet. I've also found a place that does hydro dipping, which looks really funky - think along the lines of the "sticker bomb" stickers that you see on FT.

By the way - is your back still OK now back at work?

Lot better now thanks. The codeine based tablets are doing the job, now I've got the dosage right. I do want to get it investigated properly though. Don't want to be popping pills forever. As long as I keep moving every so often, it does stop me from seizing up :laugh:. This past week, I've been late coming off buses every day - means extra overtime money though ;)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
:(

thanks for the offer, but I'll pass for now :laugh:
As you wish .....:laugh:

I wonder of those "certain circumstances" are very hot, mega sub ohm builds that turn the juice into something most of us wouldn't want to vape anyway - like the hyped up formaldehyde thing :?:
I seem to recall that testing and findings was from 2013, so long before the sub-ohm bug evolved I think.
The whole article says something like once mixed and stored, the molecular changes can occur. So it happens in suspension.

We all know the main reason is profit, or loss of tax. Nothing to do with the safety of the kids. That's why I'm still on the lookout for my own private island where I can do whatever I want. No laws or rules, now that would be bliss :laugh:
But you'd still need access to equipment and stuff to make liquids ;) - apart from that, I've often laughed at the phrase 'No man is an island' ...'cos I'd be prepared to give it a go! :)

I have looked into that. But I'd want to get a proper wood turning lathe, bit too pricey for me. It would be ok making mods for my own use with basic chisels etc, but it would take a lot of time, which I don't have much of :(. Ideally, I'd like to be able to make mods for re-sale. Don't know whether it will ever happen, but it's something I'm seriously looking into. The only other problem (apart from time constraints), is having a suitable working space. I'm even thinking about turning the spare bedroom into a small workshop, I'd have to do some serious sound proofing first though. Don't think the neighbours would be too happy about the constant drilling and grinding noises :laugh:.

I've managed to find a supplier for aluminium box sections locally, but not for wood supplies yet. I've also found a place that does hydro dipping, which looks really funky - think along the lines of the "sticker bomb" stickers that you see on FT.
I suppose it would need a bit more commitment - just thought for the odd 'special'.
Not taken much notice of Sticker bombs :unsure:

Lot better now thanks. The codeine based tablets are doing the job, now I've got the dosage right. I do want to get it investigated properly though. Don't want to be popping pills forever. As long as I keep moving every so often, it does stop me from seizing up :laugh:. This past week, I've been late coming off buses every day - means extra overtime money though ;)
Paramol were a wonderful find when my husband had a trapped nerve in his spine. They eased the pain while the chiropractor managed to free it enough over a few sessions.
None of this type of painkiller is a good idea for more than a week or so though - can do a lot of damage long term as you no doubt know.
At the risk of 'wagging a finger', overtime isn't everything - don't overdo it if you can help it :)

Our sons back is OK at the moment (had a disc removed after an accident) but he's been called out on rest days/nights far too often lately due to sickness, holidays and shift shortages across the board - he's really weary now. No end in sight really long term - it can only get worse as they make further cuts in so-called 'essential' public services.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
That's a brilliant idea Bob and so simple to use :thumbs:. Sometimes, the simplest solutions are the best ones. Wonder if they'd give enough grip to separate press fit parts in attys. Whenever I get an atty that I want to modify for BFing, the hardest part is always separating the press fit sections

Not sure about press fit parts, most of those you are talking about would be too small for vape grips, they don't always work on really tightly seized tanks, but then I use one inside the teeth of a wrench (protects the atty from damage by the wrench)

ECITA have gone a step further, although I think, that is too far, in saying that all American liquids should be taken off the shelves if they do not have proper testing documents to prove they are okay.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
The codeine based tablets are doing the job, now I've got the dosage right. I do want to get it investigated properly though. Don't want to be popping pills forever.

Actually a nasty tablet to take for too long - it's really only meant for short term relief. - think there was something on one of the morning shows recently about codeine based tablets.

Reactions: trouble1000

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Sad day
The iStick 50 has finally died.Bought it a new sleeve as it was getting scratched up.It paid me back by constantly firing in my pocket,took my tank off and it was still going.No atomizer was on the screen but still constantly firing,the 10s warning would come up,then fire again.

Turned it off and it started firing again ,tried that a few times and couldn't stop it firing.In the end it went in a bucket of water

So maybe I was a bit precocious but I wasn't taking any chances.Bought from a cheap website in the UK.

Reactions: e-pipeman

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Sad day
The iStick 50 has finally died.Bought it a new sleeve as it was getting scratched up.It paid me back by constantly firing in my pocket,took my tank off and it was still going.No atomizer was on the screen but still constantly firing,the 10s warning would come up,then fire again.

Turned it off and it started firing again ,tried that a few times and couldn't stop it firing.In the end it went in a bucket of water

So maybe I was a bit precocious but I wasn't taking any chances.Bought from a cheap website in the UK.

Ouch! not good, do you think it may have been a cheapy clone, don't like sleeves myself, and I always make sure that any mod I take outside has a pocket to itself, to stop any scratching from other objects, or I use these

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Ouch! not good, do you think it may have been a cheapy clone, don't like sleeves myself, and I always make sure that any mod I take outside has a pocket to itself, to stop any scratching from other objects, or I use these

When I done the scratch code it didn't comply with Eleaf.Sent a email to V.... ..c and they said it's all ok.As its Chinese New Year the website is down.Its not the lose of a mod I'm worried about I'm just glad it happened in my pocket and not at a random time,like in a cupboard where the rest of my vape gear is

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Shame! :(
Apart from a dead on arrival Earl 20W lookalike, I've had no problems with any of mine from 10W to 50W ...touch wood!

Those are a good idea and very nicely priced!

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Those are a good idea and very nicely priced!

I use them mainly when going to the vape meets, put each mod & atty in separate ones then put them all in a shoulder bag, that way they can bang against each other without getting damaged, I originally bought 2 x 5 but I had a leakage and one got damaged with juice, so i just threw it away, suppose I could have washed it but couldn't be bothered as they are so cheap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread