Eleaf Lemo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I put a 3mm, 28ga nickle build in the L2 last evening...metered @ 0.15. It was a tad higher than I thought...I must have added a wrap. The bottom line is that this build is giving me an excellent vape. Great flavor and vapor. Not a hint of dry hit yet using 50/50 juice. The only thing I did even slightly different was to fluff the cotton and comb out any compressed areas and re-trim it to fit. The resistance is very stable. I have it set to 48J @ 420F. The last TC build I put in did give an occasional "dry coil" warning. Fluffing and combing the wick seemed to solve that issue.

Reactions: JimScotty0

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
I was gonna try the 28 to see if I could make one small enough to fit and see where it ohmed out, but I've already planned on ordering thinner wire along with some Ti wire. I'm also planning on building a Hellboy and a Marquis for TC.
I don't have the Zephyrus but the building deck shouldn't be smaller than the Cthulhu's or Goblin's.
You can fit a 13 wraps of 28g on 2.5mm ID in these decks ohming out at .08.
The coils just need a little more aligning to be centered and not touch the chimney. But it's an easy build.

Reactions: Bikenstein

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I hope not. I'm not really a fan of bulging tanks.

I agree. I don't like that look. I've said many times before, 22 mm base is a throwback to 18650 in a tube thinking. Why not 25 or 29.5 or whatever size it takes to make a decent sized deck and adequate juice capacity. We need to get our heads out of stuck in 22 mm mode and think about overall performance.

22 mm was not selected for any performance advantages. It was selected because that's about the size of an 18650 in a tube.

Reactions: 52anddone

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
22 mm was not selected for any performance advantages. It was selected because that's about the size of an 18650 in a tube.
True. But seriously?
I wouldn't like bigger diameters either. The single 18650 boxes I own togethet with a 22mm topper are a great size for my pocket.
I don't even like dual 18650 boxes because of their size.
Bigger attys require bigger mods and I like my mods to be pocketsized. Hard to realize with i.e. a dual 26650 with 30mm topper.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have the original Lemo Drop and I liked it but I like a mid draw. But everytime I would get the airflow screw adjusted right after a while it would get wide open again.
So I finally ordered me the Lemo 2. I like how the airflow is on the outside where it should be. The deck looks the same so i shouldn't have any problems.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Lemo 2 is a fantastic single coil tank but I'm really getting tired of that narrow top fill slot. Next empty tank I am taking a dremel to the center of it to make a round hole big enough that I can fill with a standard dripper bottle without needing a paper towel to wipe up the slop. The top fill valve concept is great. Needing a needle bottle or syringe to use it sucks.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
Lemo 2 is a fantastic single coil tank but I'm really getting tired of that narrow top fill slot. Next empty tank I am taking a dremel to the center of it to make a round hole big enough that I can fill with a standard dripper bottle without needing a paper towel to wipe up the slop. The top fill valve concept is great. Needing a needle bottle or syringe to use it sucks.
Do you have a different Lemo 2?
I fill mine only with dripper bottles. No needle caps, no syringe, no papertowels.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Prepare to be disappointed by a terribly designed and pointless RTA.
I saw the reviews, both good and bad. I'm sure I can figure it out. If not, I have 7 KF v4's to fall back on :lol:

I fill mine only with dripper bottles. No needle caps, no syringe, no papertowels.
I guess technique is part of filling. I skipped the Lemo because of the bottom fill with a needle tip.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I saw the reviews, both good and bad. I'm sure I can figure it out. If not, I have 7 KF v4's to fall back on :lol:

I guess technique is part of filling. I skipped the Lemo because of the bottom fill with a needle tip.
Yeah, you may not mind it much coming from KF4s, assuming you aren't expecting to be an airy lung hitting type RTA (like the chimney bore would lead you to beleive).

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Yeah, you may not mind it much coming from KF4s, assuming you aren't expecting to be an airy lung hitting type RTA (like the chimney bore would lead you to beleive).
I'm a MTL vaper with the occasional lung hit. I really like the KF v4 (have 7 of them). I just wanted to try something new.

Reactions: 52anddone

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I'm a MTL vaper with the occasional lung hit. I really like the KF v4 (have 7 of them). I just wanted to try something new.
Yeah, I really like the KF4 as well, have 4 myself, also mtl/restrictive LH at times on them. I didn't buy the lemo 2 for a mtl/restrictive lung hit, so I was disappointed.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

The bottles I have from MFS work sort of OK if I am very careful and fill very slowly. The bottles I have from MBV won't fill the damn thing without at least some spillage. I ordered 10 more MFS bottles today, but I don't plan on chucking all the MBV bottles. I suspect I have the same Lemo 2. I guess my thing is just too big for it. :)

I plan to immerse the top cap just submerged in a pan of water and take a diamond burr to it until there is a nice round hole in the center of the slots as they align. I don't think the machining will melt the seals in there but the water bath will make sure of that. The diamond burr will not risk deforming the outer ring as a drill bit might (I mention this in case anyone else also has too big a thing and needs a bigger hole).

Reactions: Hitcat44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread