Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I've had the same experience with Mt Baker, and I ordered from them for quite awhile because my husband liked their Blue Moo and Moo juice. Mt Baker used to give everyone a free 15ml sample with every order, and let the customer pick what they wanted. They only give a 5ml sample now. I have a sack of My Baker ejuice that will probably never be vaped since it's over a year old now.
See, they fresh mix the ejuice and get the orders out very quickly. The thing is there are so many people working there that may do a sloppy job of mixing. I don't know how else to explain the inconsistency of their joose.
Some people have more refined palates than others; I do, and it sounds like you do, too, since that perfumy taste bothers you. I wanted to love them because of the prices!! I honestly wonder at the quality of their flavorings, because not all PG, VG and nicotine are created equal. I didn't know that when I first began vaping.
There's a flavor they sell called Vanilla Butternut Squash, and it's so good when it's fresh, but after a couple of weeks it tastes spoiled. Twice this happened, so that pretty much was when I gave up.

I have two week old Vanilla Butternut and it's still fine. I think taste is just subjective. That said, I have my second order on the way. If anything seems different I'll report back.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
Who is the vendor you like?
After trying dozens of flavors and vendors I'm ordering from Nicoticket because I love the vast majority of their flavors. I don't want to sound like a fanatic, but their stuff is so good. I get one flavor from Five Pawns, Grandmaster, which is also delicious after a long steep.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
After trying dozens of flavors and vendors I'm ordering from Nicoticket because I love the vast majority of their flavors. I don't want to sound like a fanatic, but their stuff is so good. I get one flavor from Five Pawns, Grandmaster, which is also delicious after a long steep.

I'm still working on my first order from Nicoticket. I like what I've tried so far but I got them in 6 mg nic which is a little too low for me so I haven't been hitting them often. I'm planning my BOGO order slowly.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Well, I opened those Perfume Flavors to let them air out as suggested and before I knew it I was down for the count! Had a date with Surgery Center the day before. So these bottles sat opened for near 24 hours! I do not smell any Perfume smell from them now. But I'm not up for messing with them right now other then closing them up.

I'm used to Flavors being able to Vape right out of the bottle even if they recommend a steep time! Five Pawns, Uncle Junks, Jamesons, Space Jam, Dragonborn, Black Label, NicOTicket, miOmi, Suicide Bunny, 28 Days Vape, Bonzai G2 & Standard to name a few! Even some of what folks may say are lower entry level eJuice like Two Peas, Vista Vapors, Aura none of these have needed a steep time to even be palatable! Everyone of these were Vapable right out of the bottle! So, I am a Bit Perplexed by this!

I wonder if your right about maybe there is not the supervision to make sure there is a consistency to how they are mixing these before they go out?

I'm hoping I will feel well enough tomorrow to try out the now Well Ventilated Bottles and see if there is anything Salvageable with them!

I appreciate all the help and advice and hope there will be a happy conclusion to this! I hate wasting money on anything!

Skully {:{}

`

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014

~ Well, I opened those Perfume Flavors to let them air out as suggested and before I knew it I was down for the count! Had a date with Surgery Center the day before. So these bottles sat opened for near 24 hours! I do not smell any Perfume smell from them now. But I'm not up for messing with them right now other then closing them up.

I'm used to Flavors being able to Vape right out of the bottle even if they recommend a steep time! Five Pawns, Uncle Junks, Jamesons, Space Jam, Dragonborn, Black Label, NicOTicket, miOmi, Suicide Bunny, 28 Days Vape, Bonzai G2 & Standard to name a few! Even some of what folks may say are lower entry level eJuice like Two Peas, Vista Vapors, Aura none of these have needed a steep time to even be palatable! Everyone of these were Vapable right out of the bottle! So, I am a Bit Perplexed by this!

I wonder if your right about maybe there is not the supervision to make sure there is a consistency to how they are mixing these before they go out?

I'm hoping I will feel well enough tomorrow to try out the now Well Ventilated Bottles and see if there is anything Salvageable with them!

I appreciate all the help and advice and hope there will be a happy conclusion to this! I hate wasting money on anything!

`
I hope they become vapable for you...
I hate to knock any ejuice vendor, and I'm rooting for Mt Baker to get a bit stricter with their quality control. Obviously, some of their recipes are good, you know? I've never ordered their DIY flavors, but some people like them, so maybe it is a problem with whoever mixes the bottles?
Have you ever ordered from "The Hill Giant"? They sell gourmet ejuice from most of the popular vendors, and don't have their own line. They don't charge a shipping fee, and have good reviews up. Since you listed so many different vendors, I think you'll like this company...

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
I'm still working on my first order from Nicoticket. I like what I've tried so far but I got them in 6 mg nic which is a little too low for me so I haven't been hitting them often. I'm planning my BOGO order slowly.
That's the smart thing to do...take your time ordering your BOGO. I misplaced my iStick with my Subtank Mini attached to it, and had to place an emergency order for another. That was exactly the same day that the BOGO landed, so I didn't order as much as I should have.
After looking all over the house for my iStick, my granddaughter found it in her toy box several weeks later, lol. It's nice owning several of these great mods and Subtanks, they enhance vaping tremendously.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Thanks StarreLabelle for the info on The Hill Giant! They look very promising! I like the Large 120ml Bottles too! I have been all over the place trying and enjoying new flavors it was quite a let down with Mt Baker with some of their flavors! I haven't had a chance to try the ones I let air out I'm still down from from the recent medical work. But I am curious to see if airing out helped at all? I'm going to give Hill Giant a good look over and see if there is anything I would like to try!

I hope they become vapable for you...
I hate to knock any ejuice vendor, and I'm rooting for Mt Baker to get a bit stricter with their quality control. Obviously, some of their recipes are good, you know? I've never ordered their DIY flavors, but some people like them, so maybe it is a problem with whoever mixes the bottles?
Have you ever ordered from "The Hill Giant"? They sell gourmet ejuice from most of the popular vendors, and don't have their own line. They don't charge a shipping fee, and have good reviews up. Since you listed so many different vendors, I think you'll like this company...

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
I've ordered quite a few times from MBV. I've ended up sticking with the best of their fruity flavors. I keep their green apple with a couple extra shots around at all times. Banana and Strawbana are both regulars and believe it or not mix well with the Green Apple. I've used their peach as an additive to flavors from other vendors, particularly watermelon. The price is great to be sure. I've even gotten good deals on some other items there as well recently. Got my Goblin tank from them for ~$10 bucks less than every other vendor. There are much better juices out there imho, but at significanly higher prices. MBV is solid stuff, even if it's just a dependable backup or as a mixer to improve other liquids.

mrflamboynt

May 18, 2015
i have exclusively ordered from mount baker vapor for about 2 years now. i love extreme ice (2x flavor shots)... however they discontinued their smok tech brand of 510 style xxl cartomizer tanks. when i talked to their customer service reps they tell me that they discontinued because the item did not sell. this is garbage lie because over the last 2 years this item is out of stock here and there, which says IT DOES sell. now i believe a company has the right to add and remove products as they see fit, i do not think they should lie to their customers. i say this because they just lost a loyal customer and i will tell my friends. the end.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
i have exclusively ordered from mount baker vapor for about 2 years now. i love extreme ice (2x flavor shots)... however they discontinued their smok tech brand of 510 style xxl cartomizer tanks. when i talked to their customer service reps they tell me that they discontinued because the item did not sell. this is garbage lie because over the last 2 years this item is out of stock here and there, which says IT DOES sell. now i believe a company has the right to add and remove products as they see fit, i do not think they should lie to their customers. i say this because they just lost a loyal customer and i will tell my friends. the end.
that's some old tech, let go and move one bro -- there is a lot of better things out these days than the old cartos

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Moo Juice 50/50, 0 flavor shots 3mg nic: Overall a good Strawberries and Cream which I ordered to compare to Yaeliq Mother's Milkshake. Overall I prefer Mother's Milkshake as it is a more natural flavor and a little more muted but I would not hesitate to recommend Moo Juice for S&C lovers.

Caramel Coffee 50/50, 0 flavor shots 3mg nic: ordered as the same time as Moo Juice as I am always searching for a good coffee flavor and this one is very nice. I had my first experience with Yaeliq and there Israel Coffee but I always mixed that with a Caramel or Vanilla as by itself I was not impressed. Caramel Coffee is definitely a winner for coffee lovers who like it a little sweet.

Coffee Cake 50/50, 0 flavor shots 0mg nic: I got this as a free sample and it is delicious but pretty similar to Caramel Coffee but not the same, it is a toss up to which I like the best. I am definitely ordering another bottle of this, great sample MB.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
That's funny. I read most of the pages of this thread looking for reviews on MBV Coffee Cake and finally did a search and the only mention is the last post before mine. Soooo..

Coffee Cake: 12mg 1 shot 50/50. Aspire Nautilus Mini at 11w.
An employee who started vaping a couple months ago had me try it today. Bam! Pretty darned tasty. I didn't even know what brand it was, only where he bought it here in town. I went to the newest local vape shop where he had purchased it and asked for it. Surprise! It was from MBV, a vendor I've read about for years but never tried once, and honestly, had never considered trying. I'm not a juice snob but I will admit I have been very loyal to the self proclaimed premium juice vendors and have been paying $20 a bottle for several years without giving it much thought. I've tried a few lower priced juices, mainly from local B&M's and have never found any I could vape for long. Now this. It's fantastic! I don't know if I'd call it complex but it certainly is not boring, and man is it tasty and satisfying. I'm an old school tobacco vapes and I don't go for bakery vapes but this has just enough of a dark rich smokey quality on the exhale to keep me from being overpowered by the main flavor, coffee cake, which is spot on. Really enjoying it! I even went to Mt Baker's site to read the reviews which lowered my opinion of human intelligence. Amazing how many people are there .....ing because it doesn't taste like a coffee vape. Lol. Anyway, I can't wait to hit this again in the morning with my cup of coffee. A very convincing buttery cake flavor with a touch of cinnamon and maybe a hint of Apple strudel. You can definitely taste the brown sugar crumbles on top, and then that dark rich finish which I can't quite describe. Just yummy. Well done MBV.

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
A few weeks ago I received 30ml of American Tobacco 80/20 and Pina Colada max vg from MBV. They are both unvapable. American Tobacco is a singular experience. Like a bit of rough grade chewing tobacco wrapped in the toe end of a gym sock and dipped in perfume. Literally (in the literal sense of the word) made me gag. Just overpowering chemically funk smell. Three weeks has not brought out any redeeming character. This is straight up disgusting and will not wash out of even pyrex glass tanks, let alone a coil head.

Pins Colada was just unassumingly bad. Just bad in such a boring and typical way I can't even get worked up about it. Slimy saccharine fruit candy kind of generic cheap ejuice.

MBV deleted my politely critical review and says the juice needs to steep for another theee weeks before they can do anything or allow me to review it. Why do people tolerate this company's shenanigans and terrible QC?

Are there flavors that they are able to consistently make? Any safe bets? Their prices are so low and there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for the brand--just trying to understand why!

Last edited:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
The only flavors from Mt Baker that I have enjoyed and would order again are Moo Juice, Caramel Coffee and Coffee Cake. All of them in a 50/50 blend and 3mg nic. I was surprised that all of these were actually good right out of the box.

I have had Spurberry in a max vg to drip and that left a nasty aftertaste and felt like it coated my mouth, yuck. I have also gotten the caramel candy and it was OK, I mainly used it as a mix for a coffee flavor from another vendor.

I commented to my friend about how nasty I thought the max vg and even the 80% vg flavor I had gotten. He was the one who initially recommended them and he said he always orders 50/50 so that is what I did, much better flavor without much throat hit if at all.

Mt Baker isn't my favorite vendor, I prefer Mother's Milkshake by Yaeliq over MBV's Moo Juice but I can still happily vape the latter. The Coffee Cake and Caramel Coffee is tasty though and am still trying to figure out which one I like better of if I should just order both again.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I thought I'd update my experience with Coffee Cake. I still love it and have now vaped over 30ml but man, it's a coil clogger! I have to wash a fresh mini Nautilus coil after just one tank. I don't know if I will order it again because of this but is certainly is tasty. Maybe I'll try Cinnamon Roll for kicks. Probably clogs coils too because of the sweetness but sounds good.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I do find most coffee or dark colored juices are coil cloggers, I really dig coffee vapes so just have to deal with it. I read somewhere you can clean up sub tank coils like the arctic and kanger sub tank with vodka, you let them sit for a bit in the vodka until they look clear, let them dry completely then add a few drops of juice and refill. Never tried it myself but might give it a shot in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread