Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
In regards to those accused, or accidentally become what is known in Reo Land as "BUTTON MASHERS":

This idea was someone else's, in an older Reo thread, just tried it and thought I'd re-share it. Pushing the Reo button to hard, too far down, is not great for the fire pin, nor the battery spring over time. My Chalice rba is so quite it's almost impossible to here the atty firing, so I was concerned myself about constant over pressing of the button, which is easier as well if like me you use a button cover. If you place an O-Ring below the button cover, it forms a limiter on how far down you can press. Since I could not find the original post, I did not know what size O-Ring to use. Went through all my tank rings, flashlight rings, and then remembered the extra ring I bought with the 3ml bottle. Fits perfectly over the pin switch, but more importantly allows my atty to fire at just the point where it bottoms out on the ring, no longer potentially driving both pin and battery down any further. Added bonus, you don't have to give button pressing pressure a second thought, we all have different finger pressure, now just PRESS as you please with no worry of damage to the device parts.

Over geeky, perhaps, but it took me 30 seconds to install, and if a bit OCD like me, it looks better installed, then stock, as I did not like the look of the large gap between the button cap and base of mod, this fills it a bit, I understand the fire pin needs travel and the cap can only be drilled out so deep. I just find its an added look thing if that matters to anyone. So that's my 1,000 words, should have just posted this picture instead:

Per the Sloth... an o-ring size that can work for the Button Masher's mod is 1.5mm X 6mm. :)

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Per the Sloth... an o-ring size that can work for the Button Masher's mod is 1.5mm X 6mm. :)

No doubt the Sloth knows all, I'll look on Robs site to see if the 3ml bottle O-Rings are the same specs, but regardless, the one I used for the tiny bottle works perfectly for this application. Good to know the specs for future reference. Interesting enough thanks to another ECF user, I learned of a site for mostly O-Rings, good link to bookmark:

The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Wow so many different kinds! So what is the type we use from that site? Thanks for the link.

I used the one in the photo from Rob, came with a few extra 3ml bottle purchases, HERE:

3ml Bottle cap o ring

If you want to brave the O-Ring site, look for the size mentioned by Sloth, can't confirm his numbers, but he is an experienced member. On the Reo site they go for a WHOPPING 25 cents/each. Up to you. Since over tightening a Reo bottle can lead to a deformed O-Ring, and then air in the bottle, and then BAD sqonking, it made sense to me to get some spares for that purpose, just glad they can do double duty!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Wow so many different kinds! So what is the type we use from that site? Thanks for the link.

The Sloth recommends the Buna N70 # N1.50X006 from the O-Ring Store Carole. That one works perfect on two of his Grands, but not on the third (too thick I think so maybe it needs the next smaller diameter instead).

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I've been waiting for the patina mini's to show up before I make my choice. I'm not mistaken am I? There will be patina mini's posted soon?
I am uploading a video of the progress of the patina mods and doors . Should be up in about 30 minutes

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Well guys. I have had my mini for less than 4 hours and I have managed to break it already! I would squonk and the juice would go into the well but not make it up to the RM2 deck and coil so I thought I needed to adjust the 510 connection. So I tried that and the small spring came out of the 510 connection! Am I sunk? I don't know how to get the spring back in!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Nope! If I am anything, I am tenacious! I went back to square one and started the whole setup again! I am now enjoying my new mini! I took the bottle off and put it back on and it worked! I guess I was afraid to over tighten the bottle and left it too loose!
I feel like an idiot! My only excuse is that I'm still a REO noob!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
How small are the Mini's? Here is mine next to a business card!

The Brass REO Mini:

2015-07-03-14-23-10-jpg.468655

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Check if juice comes up to the juice well without an atty on the mod. I had this happen when my bottle was leaking air, can happen if the bottle isn't screwed on tight or the O-ring in the bottle is askew.

Addit glad you got it.

I just wanted to add for new comers, something I learned here as well, don't OVERTIGHTEN the bottle either. The bottom O-Ring is tiny, and if over compressed it can become deformed, also letting air into the system. I go for "SNUG"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread